Price Ark 2

DogoAZ

how much do you think the sale price of ark 2 will be?  I'm saving to buy it but I don't know how much it could cost, any ideas or if someone from the staff knows something?

I hope they allow an advance purchase like they did in gen1 at the time and with some gifts or advantages for obtaining the advance purchase of the game.

As it's coming out as early access and considering how WC usually do these things there will be a discounted price for Ark2 to start, or even more likely pre-ordering. I'm assuming it's gonna be around $20 but tbh I can easily see it being cheaper.... or more :)

I may have thrown my toys out of the pram over 3rd person only but I'll defo be buying whatever it costs.

EDIT: I'm talking about PC Steam, no idea what the others will do, fairly sure it's gonna be included in gamepass for xbox tho?

• 4 weeks later...

Ark 2 is developed for mods and not for players. We don't know prices of moders future maps.

But we know prices of Ark 1 and all dlc's in time they were released. So summing those we get close to  what will be Ark 2 as official part.

So maybe 300+ USD. It look expensive at first but take in a count that you don't have loot boxes, nft, crypto, pay to win and similar and that mean cheaper than any other game in the market.

11 hours ago, Noa said:

Ark 2 está desarrollado para mods y no para jugadores. No sabemos los precios de los futuros mapas de los moders.

Pero sabemos los precios de Ark 1 y todos los dlc en el momento en que fueron lanzados. Entonces, resumiendo, nos acercamos a lo que será Ark 2 como parte oficial.

Así que tal vez más de 300 USD. Parece costoso al principio, pero tenga en cuenta que no tiene cajas de botín, nft, criptografía, pago para ganar y similares, y eso significa que es más barato que cualquier otro juego en el mercado.

$300 ? I think you were wrong hahahaha because not even monster hunter with all its dlcs is worth $300 usd.

• 4 weeks later...

If we're talking in North America, and primarily the United States, I'm willing to bet they gonna charge sixty bucks american. They have Vin Diesel on the roster, you better bet your sweet cheeks they giving him a fat paycheck. They're using him to hype it up hardcore, and you can imagine people are gonna be buying into it... just for him, and of course because it's Ark. Already so many people are going to buy the game regardless of whether it's a total flop or not. They've got everyone on the hook now, it's just a matter of if Ark 2 is trash boat or good enough to sell Ark 3... IF... there will be an Ark 3. Ark 3 will most likely be dependent on the next gen of Unreal Engine, which 5 was released in April of 2022. From my understanding Ark 2 it's being made with unreal engine 5, which means if you're on pc, you better bring more than just your money to play, you better bring your shiny new graphics card too. So be saving up for that too buddy. Also another thing you have to realize is that they can't push the price tag too high because the price dictates as to how many initial players they will have to boot. I'm willing to also bet that they will have some sort of collectors edition or something, you're gonna see multi tier price options to buy the game. option 1.) the base game option 2.) the base game plus some extras cause you really like the game but you're not a fanboy option 3.) you're the absolute sweaty fanboy, and you GOTTA CATCH EM ALL and GOTTA have it all. priced somewhere close to, or over one hundred american. probably 120 tops. Trouble with predictions is, you tell what they are gonna do, and they will most likely do the opposite to spite you. I guess we will see how this plays out. Maybe they'll give me the chance to say, "I TOLD YOU SO!". :)

On 7/30/2022 at 2:11 AM, DogoAZ said:

The platform I'm referring to is PC on steam, if it's around $20 USD I think you're good to go.

Its 6 years from release and also from time games were around 50 USD.

Cost of development and production is increased in that time, we have like 5 years of inflation to count too.

Today basic games tend to be 60 - 70 USD at release and and each later dlc  40 to 50 USD.

Your 20 USD is for old games. 

Also about  your post "$300 ? I think you were wrong hahahaha because not even monster hunter with all its dlcs is worth $300 usd."

I suggest to inform your self more as some "free" games gameplay cost 20 k USD as minimum because of pay to win and greedy monetization - you can also find on you tube  dude who paid 100k USD to play an game ....

Archived