Differences X-/R- Creatures, Aberrant Creatures and normal Creatures

BetaWolf

Hi everyone, 

I asked the following on the official Discord:

Can someone explain this to me?

Following Anky's have 254 base levels in DMG and 88 XP levels. This isn't the DMG output but just the DMG%, so the extra dmg Aberration- and X- anky's get isn't calculated in yet. How is it possible that an X-ankylo has a lower percentage? (Results come from ARK Smart Breeding)

• ankylo: 4866.7 %
  • ab-ankylo: 4866.7
  • x-ankylo: 4846.2 %

I received as a reply that X-creatures had more HP and less DMG from someone.

What the wiki says (summarized):

• Normal+Tek creatures: have no boost in stats and a cap of 450 LVL's
• Aberrant creatures:      have 4% less HP, 6% more DMG compared to normal creatures, also cap of 450 LVL's
• X/R-creatures:              have 3% less HP, 5% more DMG compared to normal creatures, have a cap of 500 LVL's

Now multiple people pointed out the wiki is right and that person is wrong. So now I think the Ark Smart Breeder might have a mistake somewhere.

Someone tested it out in-game:

AcgJFkR.png

I guess I'll need to find a way to report bugs to ARK Smart Breeding, didn't expect they would have a bug though as so many people use it and X-anky's exist already for a while now.

Anyways, a lot more got cleared out already by the time I've finished typing this topic but I'm gonna post it anyways. XD

Maybe a dev from ARK Smart Breeding might notice it.

Hi,

if I test the anky variants with 254 wild and 88 dom levels, I get 4062.4 % for the Anky, the Aberrant Anky and the X-Anky. The final damage output dealt to targets is the product of the percentage value seen in the inventory of the creature, the damage value of the attack and buffs. If the damage increase of the aberrant and X-/R-variant is a buff like alex says, you cannot see a difference in Smart Breeding or the numbers in the inventory of the creatures.

Edit: I get the values you posted if I chose a bred creature with 100 % imprinting. Maybe you selected an imprinting less than 100 % for the X-Anky you tested?

2 hours ago, cad said:

Hi,

if I test the anky variants with 254 wild and 88 dom levels, I get 4062.4 % for the Anky, the Aberrant Anky and the X-Anky. The final damage output dealt to targets is the product of the percentage value seen in the inventory of the creature, the damage value of the attack and buffs. If the damage increase of the aberrant and X-/R-variant is a buff like alex says, you cannot see a difference in Smart Breeding or the numbers in the inventory of the creatures.

Edit: I get the values you posted if I chose a bred creature with 100 % imprinting. Maybe you selected an imprinting less than 100 % for the X-Anky you tested?

I'm gonna retry it to be sure (and take screenshots).

9 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

I'd assume the adjustment is on the base damage 

https://ark.wiki.gg/wiki/Base_Damage

They could just change this # a little for the variants and then the % we see in the inventory can all match, but the output would still be different.

ASB doesn't look at base DMG. They only show %, no absolute DMG.

Archived