Using Fjordur Rex Army For The Island

BonkyChong

So a while back a friend and I were playing through the island and once we got the the point where we had all the artifacts and were ready to start breeding rexes and doing bosses my friend just stopped playing and I never finished the island. I'm currently playing on fjordur on my own and have a mutated rex army and am fully prepared to fight the alpha bosses. I was thinking about fighting the actual island bosses and the overseer with this army instead of playing through the island again so that I could ascend and go on to scorched. Does this seem like a good idea or should I play the island again?

5 hours ago, BonkyChong said:

So a while back a friend and I were playing through the island and once we got the the point where we had all the artifacts and were ready to start breeding rexes and doing bosses my friend just stopped playing and I never finished the island. I'm currently playing on fjordur on my own and have a mutated rex army and am fully prepared to fight the alpha bosses. I was thinking about fighting the actual island bosses and the overseer with this army instead of playing through the island again so that I could ascend and go on to scorched. Does this seem like a good idea or should I play the island again?

Its a good idea honestly. Nothing wrong with picking up where you left off. The good news is the rex army should be able to deal with the broodmother and gigapithicus fairly easily, but the dragon could be a bit tricky. And negotiating the path to the overseerer could also be problematic. Iv lost a rex once just cause it got stuck in between a couple of rocks. x.x
What kind of stats do the rex's have before imprint? And is this on solo?

9 hours ago, BonkyChong said:

I've got them coming out un imprinted with 85 points in health and 70 points in melee. I can pretty easily level them to 50k hp and about 950% melee

Might want some extra melee, but the 50k health is just fine. Yeah, looks good man. You might add a yuty and a deadon to help offset the damage and boost the melee, but yeah they should be just fine against the boss's. 👍

8 hours ago, BonkyChong said:

Should I re grind artifacts and tributes that I already have or cheat them in bc you can't transfer them. I've already got all the artifacts and the only tributes I'm missing are alpha mosa/tuso

Honestly Id grind for them. Never know what kind of supply drops you might come accross. Might find that super rare BP or maybe a premade ascendent shotty which would be nice.

8 hours ago, BonkyChong said:

Should I re grind artifacts and tributes that I already have or cheat them in bc you can't transfer them. I've already got all the artifacts and the only tributes I'm missing are alpha mosa/tuso

This is the big decision in most games. Do I mind "cheating" to beat the game. You need to ask yourself that question. The transfer system is part of the game so moving your dinos to another map is not considered "cheating" imo. Summoning in the artifacts can only be done thru admin commands so that is not part of how Wildcard envisioned the game to be beaten.

15 hours ago, Enveleyna said:

Kinda depends on how much content you want to leave for yourself. I enjoyed learning the island caves, so I'm definitely going to lean towards getting the artifacts for real. The dino pieces I'd just spawn in since those are mostly just a time-gate.

That's seems good. The dino drops are just wandering around hoping for an alpha rex/mosa etc. The island caves are different than the fjordur caves so doing them again seems like it could be fun

Archived