What folder are my dinos in???

Hi I am in need of some help. I had to completely uninstall and install ARK when Fjordur became official. I put my save file on my desktop before I uninstalled the game. I would like to have my dino's that I uploaded to that save file in my newly installed game, on my unofficial server.  I have two questions. Is there a specific folder that my dino's are in? If so, which folder specifically are my dino's in? Any help would be very much appreciated.

2 hours ago, StephaniRabbitheart said:

Hi I am in need of some help. I had to completely uninstall and install ARK when Fjordur became official. I put my save file on my desktop before I uninstalled the game. I would like to have my dino's that I uploaded to that save file in my newly installed game, on my unofficial server.  I have two questions. Is there a specific folder that my dino's are in? If so, which folder specifically are my dino's in? Any help would be very much appreciated.

If you're on single-player or non-dedicated the path to saved directories will look like this (obviously I'm on Steam, so my install location includes "steamapps" in the path. If you're on a different platform that part of the path will be different, but since you already copied your save file you know whether your path goes through steamapps or some other path.

..\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved

So the different maps would look like:

..\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\TheCenterSavedArksLocal

..\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\Fjordur_PSavedArksLocal

On a dedicated server the path to the saved directories is:

../Steam/arkdedicated/ShooterGame/Saved

But on a dedicated server it depends on whether you use the argument "?AltSaveDirectoryName=". If you don't use that argument for each map then they'll all be under one big directory underneath ../Saved. If you do use that argument then it will be whatever name you chose.

Whatever you do, BACK UP the existing stuff before you overwrite it!!!!!! @Pipinghot has nailed it. So you should be able to copy your old save into the relevant place. But that will overwrite whatever progress you have made on the official released map. And the save may not be compatible - Dunno how much of difference there is between the workshop version and the released map? Again if you running dedicated server arks, you could run 2 instances of Fjordur in a cluster using the AltSaveDirectory directive for each instance. And transfer into the "old" map, pickup your kit, and transfer back to the official map.

• Volunteer Moderator
11 hours ago, StephaniRabbitheart said:

Creatures, items, or characters that are uploaded are not directly saved into your save file. If your server was clustered, they would have been saved into whatever ClusterDirOverride was defined to. If your server was not clustered, then they were saved locally and are stored into your local profile and should be available for download if these files were preserved.

@invincibleqc Dunno that this should have been ported to server stuff. If the OP copied his "save" to his desktop, then it VERY likely that he is running single player - not any kind of server.
Also OP clearly did NOT do uploads of kit prior to deleting and reinstalling? So it kinda is a legitimate question on the "general" forums?

Fair enough it was not stipulated what kind of game was being run - but as above, seems like single player to me.

• Volunteer Moderator
9 hours ago, DirkInSA said:

@invincibleqc Dunno that this should have been ported to server stuff. If the OP copied his "save" to his desktop, then it VERY likely that he is running single player - not any kind of server.

It's pretty clear where this thread belongs:

On 7/27/2022 at 1:47 PM, StephaniRabbitheart said:

on my unofficial server

9 hours ago, DirkInSA said:

Also OP clearly did NOT do uploads of kit prior to deleting and reinstalling?

The following suggests otherwise:

On 7/27/2022 at 1:47 PM, StephaniRabbitheart said:

I would like to have my dino's that I uploaded

Thank you for all your help. I have a unofficial server I play on and host called MM adventures. I really appreciate the feedback. I was hoping there was a specific file folder within the save file that had my dinos in it, or a specific file folder that had my items in it.  

On servers, dinos and structures are stored in a ".ark" file.   The exact name depends on the map you are using.
For example, The Island's filename would be TheIsland.ark.

Your character's inventory is stored in a ".arkprofile" file.  The filename depends on your Steam or EPIC ID.  
If (for example) your numeric Steam ID is 12345678, then your character's filename will be 12345678.arkprofile

The location of those files depends on how the command line you use to launch the Ark server.

Archived