Someone told me when Ark 2 comes out Ark 1 will stop having events.

SarahMonette

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, SarahMonette said:

So.  How's those non-Event slow imprint rates worken out for ya all?  Feeling it yet?

Most people that have been playing the game a while are perfectly fine with normal rates hence the word NORMAL.

They should do away with all advanced rate events since they only serve to cause entitled people to complain when they go back to NORMAL.

38 minutes ago, SarahMonette said:

So.  How's those non-Event slow imprint rates worken out for ya all?  Feeling it yet?

Wow, you are really bad a listening. You need to accept that the things you care about are not universal, and even when people do care about them they're not the only things in the game that are important. Other people have other opinions, it's about time for you to accept that fact.

8 hours ago, SarahMonette said:

Thanks to the desmodus I can skip 7 imprints on my Giga's, feels like a permanent event :D
As does the incubator for taking away the timer on eggs, as does the maewing for not handfeeding babies anymore...

It actualy sucks: Mass breeding "difficult" babies is not an accomplishment anymore.

(Wonder what  the next lemmon will be...)

• Volunteer Moderator
8 hours ago, SarahMonette said:

I think playing on your own unofficial private server will solve all your unhappiness and make you feel better.

Just because you don't like official rates doesn't me no-one else does.

• 5 months later...

Not all games are equal. Ark has had so many issues for so long that have gone ignored by the devs and some issues have been game breaking. Some of these problems have lasted years without so much as a peep out of wildcard.  I don’t expect ark 2 to be any different. It’ll be the same game reskinned to look new. I’ll watch these forums and fb explode with negativity as it happens. It really is a shame because there was a lot of potential here. Imagine having a game that’s been around for 18+ years and always evolving. Although that game already exists as Eve Online. 

• Volunteer Moderator

Don't listen to rumours. This is everything we know so far about ARK 2, and it definitely doesn't say it is PvP only. People that are saying it is PvP only are trying to scare people off the game. In fact more people actually are questioning whether there WILL be PvP.

As for ARK events, the devs have already stated this year is the last year of events for ARK 1.

This is evident by the fact that after each event has ended they have been adding the events assets to the game so that those on PC unofficial servers can host the events themselves, and PC official servers along with console can get the items from the HLNA store.

The only platform events won't be ending on is the Switch.

So the latest stance from the devs is this is the last year. As to whether that is subject to change if ARK 2 gets pushed back further that is unknown.

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, Hurebhsdyrgsg said:

Ark 2 won't be released in 2023 so I doubt they'll stop events until ark 2 is out sometime in 2024

There's still a good chance it will, although I doubt it will be before Q3 at the earliest, more likely Q4.

But don't forget it is going to be early access, so it doesn't need to be completely finished.

12 minutes ago, GP said:

There's still a good chance it will, although I doubt it will be before Q3 at the earliest, more likely Q4.

But don't forget it is going to be early access, so it doesn't need to be completely finished.

Easter 2024 is my guess. Wildcard said 2023 so there's absolutely zero chance of them releasing it b4 the end of the year. Why would they paint themselves into a corner? They've never met a single deadline so why would they start now!!!. I'm expecting 2024 so when they yet again delay it late in 2023 I'm not gonna be disappointed because I'm not expecting it then. 

• Volunteer Moderator
12 minutes ago, Hurebhsdyrgsg said:

Easter 2024 is my guess. Wildcard said 2023 so there's absolutely zero chance of them releasing it b4 the end of the year. Why would they paint themselves into a corner? They've never met a single deadline so why would they start now!!!. I'm expecting 2024 so when they yet again delay it late in 2023 I'm not gonna be disappointed because I'm not expecting it then. 

That right there is failed logic.

You are only saying 2024 simply because they've said 2023 with their poor track record.

Well they originally said 2022, then it was delayed to 2023. If you use your logic then it would never release because every year they give you'd add on a year.

It's rather silly how people think like this.

2 hours ago, GP said:

That right there is failed logic.

You are only saying 2024 simply because they've said 2023 with their poor track record.

Well they originally said 2022, then it was delayed to 2023. If you use your logic then it would never release because every year they give you'd add on a year.

It's rather silly how people think like this.

I said 2024 when they announced it several years ago. I said it would be delayed because they delay everything. Its logic that is sound and drenched in facts

• 1 month later...

If they're going to stop having ARK 1 events, then can they at least have certain event items unlocked for the rest of the year?  When I mean "event items," I'm talking about event-specific decor that are disabled outside of the event; examples being Pumpkins/Tombstones/Scarecrows (Fear Evolved) and Christmas-Holiday Trees/Stockings/Lights/Snowmen (Winter Wonderland).

I'd prefer to put the decor away at my own discretion instead of letting an outside protocol dictating permission for me to use the asset or not.  If there are no longer to be any more seasonal events, then can they at least give us this?

On 12/28/2022 at 11:04 AM, GP said:

As for ARK events, the devs have already stated this year is the last year of events for ARK 1.

This is evident by the fact that after each event has ended they have been adding the events assets to the game so that those on PC unofficial servers can host the events themselves, and PC official servers along with console can get the items from the HLNA store.

The only platform events won't be ending on is the Switch.

So the latest stance from the devs is this is the last year. As to whether that is subject to change if ARK 2 gets pushed back further that is unknown.

I missed this comment; I didn't catch it until after I posted my initial response.

I'd like to know more about "they have been adding the event assets to the game so that those on PC unofficial servers can host the events themselves."

• 2 months later...

Archived