Pve excessive pillard

Nicolas80

1 hour ago, Nicolas80 said:

pve can we do something when one tribe pillars 50% of the map

Nobody can really say exactly what needs to be in a report to have the most effect.  We can only suggest things that seem obvious to us, and things that we do hoping it helps.   With that said...

Document your claim, show your work and what evidence you have to prove your claim.  Me personally, i like to hit escape and show what server I am taking pictures of, have the map and structure all in the same shot, secondary shots with gps coordinates.   

Then its a matter of how do you encompass the claim , make a video and upload it? link it? you can follow a boundary, show how much of the map is encircled.  Demonstrate how their land claim limits your access to doing things or using that area for yourself, not being able to find a piece of land elsewhere because everyone else has it is reasonable info here.  If it is 1 tribe taking half the map, and 20 taking up the other 50%, you might have a GM be sympathetic with your argument. 

Devil's advocate here, what if the tribe has 35 players?  Would it not be reasonable for a tribe who has enough members to use up half the available slots to log on to the server, take control of half the map?

4 hours ago, Tylanater said:

Unfortunately spam is a mechanic of ark 1. Hope for different mechanics in Ark 2.

Although this is true, think of alternative ways, it difficult with how the games main building mechanic works and the inability to do anything about it in pve. I was trying to think of effective methods to 'claim' an area but there is always a downside, even something simple like decrease the decay tier on pillars but this would lead to 1x1 bases everywhere.

1 hour ago, Macbrea said:

The simple way is to add a Land Claim Foundation with the dino leash radius, activation/deactivation and limit to 1/30 levels.  Anything outside of your land claim foundation would be player destroyable. 

See i thought this too, but then you would have 5 different clans in alliance instead, you can even use throw away accounts to claim and area then just use it for ally building.

15 hours ago, Yggdrassil said:

See i thought this too, but then you would have 5 different clans in alliance instead, you can even use throw away accounts to claim and area then just use it for ally building.

I'm pretty sure Macbrea was not suggesting to allow each tribe to have only one single land claim on the entire map, only that using a different tool for claiming land might be better than pillars.

Archived