Tamed Rexes stats

Krigan

1 hour ago, Krigan said:

What should I be looking to level a wild Rex to. I have a new one that I got to 10k health and 500% melee and He has quite a few levels left. What should a reasonable goal be for a wild Rex? Do I just pump Melee and health? Thanks

Yeah, its pretty much health and melee only.  Boss rex's are typically 20k health and 1500% melee

8 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Yeah, its pretty much health and melee only.  Boss rex's are typically 20k health and 1500% melee

Wow, I did not even know 1500% melee and 20k health was possible on a wild tame Rex. I would assume you would have to get super lucky with the starting stats to get there. I am more looking for a more realistic goal for an average wild tame Rex. I am only taming 135+ Rexes BTW.

I don't think you will be getting 20k and 1.5k from a wild rex, after a few mutations then its possible. It depends what bosses you are doing, i personally go for 20k hp first and then everything in melee, which on a wild rex may give you around 600+ melee quite fast (as long as they are half decent when tamed) and those stats are fine for the fjordur mini bosses and possibly some gamma fights with good saddles.

2 hours ago, Krigan said:

Wow, I did not even know 1500% melee and 20k health was possible on a wild tame Rex. I would assume you would have to get super lucky with the starting stats to get there. I am more looking for a more realistic goal for an average wild tame Rex. I am only taming 135+ Rexes BTW.

well, a wild tame is less feasible to get that high. Impossible? No, but a lot less likely. However I typically like to breed a single generation, then use the babies with the imprint buff. At that point in time, I can get them there. Even without mutations.

But as for the wild parents I use to breed, sometimes I try crazy stuff after they have been in a cryo pod for a few weeks. 
"Lets see, Im going to harvest some sheep, but I don't have a theri....eh screw it. Ill just dump all the levels into the cryo rex daddy's melee and use it" I think Iv had a wild non imprinted rex with about 2800% melee once. Had less than 2k in health tho. Should have named it one hit wonder XD

Are you playing on single player settings, or some boosted server, wizard03? Because 1500% is not really feasible for a first gen wild tame on official multiplayer settings.  On official, a really, really good high level rex might tame out at say 420% melee. (That's 50 some points/base levels of melee, very good but possible to get if you tame a shed load of rexes). With imprint you get up to 504%.  On official settings, rexes gain 1.7% of their base melee per upgrade, 8.568 percentile points per upgrade in this case.  Times 88 upgrades 754 percentile points + the original 504 = 1,258% melee. 

1 hour ago, Dreadcthulhu said:

Are you playing on single player settings, or some boosted server, wizard03? Because 1500% is not really feasible for a first gen wild tame on official multiplayer settings.  On official, a really, really good high level rex might tame out at say 420% melee. (That's 50 some points/base levels of melee, very good but possible to get if you tame a shed load of rexes). With imprint you get up to 504%.  On official settings, rexes gain 1.7% of their base melee per upgrade, 8.568 percentile points per upgrade in this case.  Times 88 upgrades 754 percentile points + the original 504 = 1,258% melee. 

I play on SP. Sadly after I switch IP's I could no longer get online. Lost a fat starter base in the snow zone on the OG island. :( But as for settings, I only run default single player mode, which I know is a little boosted. So yeah I guess things get boosted with solo settings active, but I have not changed anything else.

In single player mode, its hard, but finding a rex with 700% melee is possible. However that one rex I think started out much closer to 800%. It was probably the only one I have had that high, but like I said, it did not have jack for health points......I bred out the melee and then put him up in a cryo pod and forgot about him for an age and a half.

I guess I should have mentioned the fact that I was in SP mode. sorry. o.o 

Archived