How Do You Calculate Total Damage

BeeTamer

I'm wondering how to calculate total damage on my soon to be rex army.  Would the equation look like this or is damage calculated in another way:

Base damage 62 × 1000% (melee stat via leveling) =620

620 × 33% (mate boost) =824.6

824.6 x 25% (Yuty buff) =1030.75

Because that would equal 19,584.25 damage when all 19 Rexes bite all at once. And on Alpha Dragon difficulty (972,000 health) would require 49-50 group bites.

Singleplayer settings as well. So does this sound doable on Alpha Dragon? I've killed it before with Theris and a Yuty on the island, but on Fjordur I got a really nice Tek Rex that would be good to breed but it takes a lot of time to raise different armies of dinosaurs instead of brute forcing it with one army

On 7/20/2022 at 2:48 PM, BeeTamer said:

I'm wondering how to calculate total damage on my soon to be rex army.  Would the equation look like this or is damage calculated in another way:

Because that would equal 19,584.25 damage when all 19 Rexes bite all at once. And on Alpha Dragon difficulty (972,000 health) would require 49-50 group bites.

Singleplayer settings as well. So does this sound doable on Alpha Dragon? I've killed it before with Theris and a Yuty on the island, but on Fjordur I got a really nice Tek Rex that would be good to breed but it takes a lot of time to raise different armies of dinosaurs instead of brute forcing it with one army

This thread I'm linking also had a good run down of how it works with mantis.  This might be helpful.

Yeah, the maths is rather tough.....To help make it easier, you may try to use a training dummy to calculate damage......Have a yuty on auto roar, a femal rex nearby to get the mate boost, and start chomping on the dummy. It will give you a DPS number, and then you can calculate how long it will take to kill said draggy.

It is best to keep the battle under 5 minutes, however as for actual combat where everyone is doing damage, you may want to make sure they can kill it in less than 2 minutes.

On 7/20/2022 at 2:48 PM, BeeTamer said:

There are some herbivores and other non-traditional animals that can be used on dragon.   I've seen magmasaurs, deinos, unicorns, megaloceros , zinos, rexes , megalosaurus - and all of them have had successes.

Magmasaurs are just about the largest platform weight dino you can get into a boss arena.   Small dinos like ankys are ignored by the dragon who will get stuck walking into a mob of them trying to walk to you.  Megalosaurus , initiate the battle at night and have an army of super rexes on steroids and stimulant.

3 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

I don't think they ever fixed the attack while not ridden issue with these did they?

That is true.  But they do use their primary attack sometimes, outcomes are quite random for me.  I've had them obliterate the dragon in no time, and I've had them run out the clock and not seal the deal.   Its a wild ride each time though :)

They can be quite finicky, I've had them not even wake up when it was night time.  GO in with them all standing, then 5 are laying down when I get in.  That was a fun run.  But I still got it down to halfway w/ that try.

2 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

as far as i know they don't take any fire damage from the dragon.  Just get hurt by its bite attacks, which are totally manageable.

O.O I didn't even think of that! Hell, technically some bad ass phoenix's could kill the dragon.....shame we can't get an imprint on them. v.v

Ark 2.....Phoenix eggs.....Needs to happen! 

9 hours ago, CornOnTheCab said:

If you have other people available to help, you can speed the fight up a little by throwing in a couple deinonychus since the magmasaur does most of the heavy lifting

It can be done solo with only one deino as well.   I've done it at least 3x solo w/out a mated pair, just the one i rode.

Video of someone else using a horrible saddle on one.  The high melee is sorta wasted on the dragon itself, but its handy against all the flying minions.  I'm told damage is capped at 600% with them on boss fights, but as you can see - it doesn't matter. Maybe someone can correct this or confirm.  I personally go in with cactus broth running out of effect to start the fight.  This cuts down on surprise fire balls hitting me before the screen has even loaded for me.

OF course all this info leads to the obvious question, how about on Fjordur....

Archived