Why my mutation slot is gone?

Evhsi

7 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

what is a mutation slot?  I've played the game for 5 years + and that makes no sense.

SInce you say force tamed dinos, you maybe are playing single player.  Might be a platform specific problem to your Playstation version of the game.

Sorry, since I’m playing the Chinese version and I playing on pc now. What I mean is the game don’t let me mate those dinos and the matrilineal and patrilineal mutations are gone. Hope I can clarify my problem sorry lol

On the ancestry page, there should be no problem mating for mutations if both sides say 0/20 at the top.   As soon as the number on the left side is greater than 20 or if both sides combined equal 20+ , mutating is no longer going to happen

If this doesn't answer the question - maybe...

IF you could take pictures and post links to them here, it might help us to see the problem.  

30 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

On the ancestry page, there should be no problem mating for mutations if both sides say 0/20 at the top.   As soon as the number on the left side is greater than 20 or if both sides combined equal 20+ , mutating is no longer going to happen

If this doesn't answer the question - maybe...

IF you could take pictures and post links to them here, it might help us to see the problem.  

I’m not at home, but in my game , the ancestry page, both side didn't show those 0/20 and it just empty, dot let me breed anything. I tried to take a photo but it say the file size is too big, don’t let me upload here

6 minutes ago, Evhsi said:

I’m not at home, but in my game , the ancestry page, both side didn't show those 0/20 and it just empty, dot let me breed anything. I tried to take a photo but it say the file size is too big, don’t let me upload here

If you want to share pictures, you must first post the picture on another website, then link to that picture. I use facebook for anything I post.

As for the breeding/ mutations, I think that is a result from force tameing creatures. Iv had it happen to me before, and Iv never forced tamed a creature since. I just hit it the old fashion way. Knock them out, feed them stuff, do the task needed. Whatever it takes.

As for how to fix it, you might try to use a cryopod. First cryopod the dino, then toss it back out. See if that "resets" the dino.

3 hours ago, wizard03 said:

If you want to share pictures, you must first post the picture on another website, then link to that picture. I use facebook for anything I post.

As for the breeding/ mutations, I think that is a result from force tameing creatures. Iv had it happen to me before, and Iv never forced tamed a creature since. I just hit it the old fashion way. Knock them out, feed them stuff, do the task needed. Whatever it takes.

As for how to fix it, you might try to use a cryopod. First cryopod the dino, then toss it back out. See if that "resets" the dino.

Thanks for your skill and I didn’t try the cryo yet, but yeah I tried to tame some wild dinos and they’re still not able to breed and the ancestry page is still missing the 0/20 

1 hour ago, Evhsi said:

Thanks for your skill and I didn’t try the cryo yet, but yeah I tried to tame some wild dinos and they’re still not able to breed and the ancestry page is still missing the 0/20 

You may also want to check your settings. If you could make a small video of you slowly going over your settings, it may shed some more light on the problem. Same deal tho, post the video to a different place, then post the link here so we can see it

On 7/20/2022 at 6:16 PM, wizard03 said:

You may also want to check your settings. If you could make a small video of you slowly going over your settings, it may shed some more light on the problem. Same deal tho, post the video to a different place, then post the link here so we can see it

https://www.facebook.com/100004555847732/posts/pfbid02k5VVv78osM7ZRn96pcQGp2y8BpeHg7CYpG27WcKfFMeqfvfKCKaDHXwt2nxn64Jsl/?mibextid=d47rTd&fs=e&s=cl
this is the ancestry pages and sorry for the late reply:(

5 minutes ago, Evhsi said:

No prob, and that works just fine.....did you tame that spino normally or did you force tame it?

6 hours ago, Evhsi said:

That is how an ancestry page looks on a freshly tamed dino.  WHen they were tamed from wild, they won't show a 0/20 on either side.  That only shows up after breeding on the baby's ancestry pages, not the wild tamed parents.

OK so the "missing" ancestry is a red herring - but OP's issue is that his Dino's will neither mate nor get a mate boost from male/female dino's in the same area - and that has not been commented on.

I have never seen anything like that - some silly questions though:

The male / female are of the exact same type? i.e. you are not mixed a base male Spino w an Aberrant female Spino for example?

The dinos are close enough for mate boost & mating to happen?

Are you running vanilla Ark or have you got some mods enabled that could potentially break breeding / mate boost.

When you hover over the female - does it say "ready to mate"? Or is there a ready to mate in xxx timer for that dino?

You say you on single player, the following ini settings relate to mating (but I know of nothing that changes the range where mate boost is effective) MatingIntervalMultiplier=<value> If this is set to 99999 or some such high number, I guess mating will never happen.  MatingSpeedMultiplier=<value>. If this is set to 0, I guess mating will never happen.

They look to be using PS4 version of the game.  I would assume that means no mods.  Only things I can think of is, what @DirkInSA suggested to think about. 

Are we sure they are different genders?

Are you trying to mix Aberrant Spinos with regular Spinos?

Are they close enough? what dinos are you trying to mate? maybe there's a limitation we can't think of because of the species.

Some species don't mate, some need very special conditions to occur while mating.

You could try spawning them differently? Like maybe use the spawnexactdino command instead of force taming a wild?

19 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

They look to be using PS4 version of the game.  I would assume that means no mods.  Only things I can think of is, what @DirkInSA suggested to think about. 

Are we sure they are different genders?

Are you trying to mix Aberrant Spinos with regular Spinos?

Are they close enough? what dinos are you trying to mate? maybe there's a limitation we can't think of because of the species.

Some species don't mate, some need very special conditions to occur while mating.

You could try spawning them differently? Like maybe use the spawnexactdino command instead of force taming a wild?

I tried force tamed and wild tamed of shadowmane and dilophosaur, either them can’t be able to mate at all. Also I tried summon and spawn dinos and the result is the same. So I can’t figure it out lol

25 minutes ago, DirkInSA said:

OK so the "missing" ancestry is a red herring - but OP's issue is that his Dino's will neither mate nor get a mate boost from male/female dino's in the same area - and that has not been commented on.

I have never seen anything like that - some silly questions though:

The male / female are of the exact same type? i.e. you are not mixed a base male Spino w an Aberrant female Spino for example?

The dinos are close enough for mate boost & mating to happen?

Are you running vanilla Ark or have you got some mods enabled that could potentially break breeding / mate boost.

When you hover over the female - does it say "ready to mate"? Or is there a ready to mate in xxx timer for that dino?

You say you on single player, the following ini settings relate to mating (but I know of nothing that changes the range where mate boost is effective) MatingIntervalMultiplier=<value> If this is set to 99999 or some such high number, I guess mating will never happen.  MatingSpeedMultiplier=<value>. If this is set to 0, I guess mating will never happen.

I believed my MatingSpeedMultiplier is set to 0.01 other is in a normal range. Also they’re ready to mate as they didn’t mate before. So maybe because I set the multiplier too near the 0? So they can’t start the mating

On 7/23/2022 at 8:04 AM, Evhsi said:

I believed my MatingSpeedMultiplier is set to 0.01 other is in a normal range. Also they’re ready to mate as they didn’t mate before. So maybe because I set the multiplier too near the 0? So they can’t start the mating

From how I read it - for MatingSpeedMultiplier, bigger is better (i.e. the larger this number the quicker they mate). Maybe set back to default of 1 and see if that makes any difference?

Archived