300+ lvl Dinos?.

Minkles

Ok Noob question.... How do you get dinos that high and beyond?. I tame lvl 140-150 dinos and they normally end up being 200-210 after tamed, then imprinted and muated the best I get is around 220-250. How on earth are Youtubers running around with 350 lvl dinos haha. Is it just a time thing?.

I'm currently on Fjordor and I have 7 Megatheriums ( 230 - 15k HP - 500 AP ) and 1 Yuty to back them up.... Wondering if that's enough to attack the Queen bee boss.

1 hour ago, Minkles said:

Ok Noob question.... How do you get dinos that high and beyond?. I tame lvl 140-150 dinos and they normally end up being 200-210 after tamed, then imprinted and muated the best I get is around 220-250. How on earth are Youtubers running around with 350 lvl dinos haha. Is it just a time thing?.

I'm currently on Fjordor and I have 7 Megatheriums ( 230 - 15k HP - 500 AP ) and 1 Yuty to back them up.... Wondering if that's enough to attack the Queen bee boss.

Dunno about the youtubers u are watching specifically, but players on official achieve those high levels through breeding - current boss rex's for example are born lvl 377. Putting it simply keep stacking mutations in the stats u want.

And yes, megatheriums are pretty op straight from tame, they get a buff from killing insects. You should probably be fine, if you're worried tho why not take a few extra you have bred from ur best current stats, bred and imprinted dinos get 30% dmg reduction which helps a lot in boss fights.

5 hours ago, Minkles said:

Yes, it's just time, they do a lot more breeding and mutating than you have done.

if you find a level 150 dino you like and perfectly tame it, you'll end up with a lvl 225 tamed dino.  if you have two dinos @ lvl 225 but they have varying stats, by breeding them you may end up with a baby dino that has the better of both stats, thus increasing its level higher than the original 225 (the level of the dino is the sum of all stats plus 1).  

also, when breeding there is a chance that you get a mutation, which is an increase in a stat above the stat of the parent.  these mutations can stack up.

a combination of breeding and getting mutations is how people end up with dinos that can level all he way up to the level cap of 449.

i hope that helped describe it for you.

I have the stats to make a level 357 maewing w/ only stats found in the wild + mutagen on the hp/st/we/damage.   You can do it without very much hardcore mutating.

Every dino level is 1+  points in all the stats.  A level 224 dino has 223 points spent between all the categories it can receive points in.  If it's an argentivaris, then it has 6 stats to split all those points.  If it is a Rex, it has 7 stats that all those points are spread out into.   We breed the best health rex to the best melee rex, and the over all level of the baby will start to increase over the base 224.  We merge all our best , and we can start to reach 280 - 300 before any mutating has started usually.

9 hours ago, Minkles said:

Its a pain, typically takes years if on official, but has been made slightly easier due to mutagen.

More or less, if you breed with females that have no mutations, there is a chance to always get a mutation, even if the male already has 100 mutations.
Also, special event creatures can be stupid high. Zombie dodo's and wyverns come to mind. Found a lvl 400 lightning zombie wyvern once. 😮 

To expand on what other have written, all creatures have 1 initial level, then levels into their stats, that add up to the total level.  For example, if you see a wild level 150 rex, it will have 149 levels randomly assigned across its 7 stats. If you kibble tamed it, the extra 74 levels from taming effectiveness also get randomly assigned. These form a creature's base levels, that can get passed on when breeding.

Because of this randomness, two freshly tamed creatures of the same level can have notably different stat allocation. Now when you breed creatures, the game picks the level count for each stat at random from one parent or the other. So an easy way to produce strong tames is to mate your best melee with best health until you get babies with both good stats.

Note that sometimes lower level creatures can actually end being better than higher level ones, if they ended up with more levels in a useful stat. I.E. it is entirely possible for a level 140 megatherium to tame out with more health than a level 150.  Or when stat combining, you could have a baby rex that is lower level than either parent, but if got the best health & melee stats, and is lower because it got the lower oxygen, food, etc levels, it is still more useful.

And then there is mutations; when you mate two creatures you have a small chance of getting a mutation, which raises a stat by two levels. "Stacking" mutations is how you get really high level counts - i.e. if your first megatherium has has 40 levels into health, you mate it until you get one with 42 levels of health.  Then you mate that one until you have one with 44, and so on.  The usual method is to have one line of male breeders per stat & a barn load on non-mutated females. 

11 hours ago, Dreadcthulhu said:

Note that sometimes lower level creatures can actually end being better than higher level ones, if they ended up with more levels in a useful stat. I.E. it is entirely possible for a level 140 megatherium to tame out with more health than a level 150.  Or when stat combining, you could have a baby rex that is lower level than either parent, but if got the best health & melee stats, and is lower because it got the lower oxygen, food, etc levels, it is still more useful.

This is VERY true, while going through a run on my end, I started tameing up rex's over level 100 and dureing the run I found a level 85 tek rex. It had some cool colors and I decided why not.

I had a level 130, 125, and 120 rex, they had less than 5k health after tameing, but the tek rex had 6500'ish health, even though it started as a level 85......Sadly console does not have the "super spy glass" v.v

dino level is not all. i see on server many ppl with 400 lvl rexes with bambilion mutations in nothing. :-)...
one time you tame 150 lvl dino with 48points in movement speed or oxygen 🙂 and 29 points in hp and damage. 
next time you tame 135 level dino with 49 points in damage. so 135 lvl dino win. all is about points in right stats. 

Archived