We Need More Transparency With Enforcement

Tylanater

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Current, past, future player base. 

2 have already paid. One will.

I know by now you are about as stubburn as I am, but you are kind of loosing what this discussion was about and are just spamming replies.
The numbers you throw around now have not much to do with the ammount of people playing ARK.
Do the math: Grossed revenue diveded by the cost of 1 copy...
It is just not relevant.

This discussion was intended about how transparency could improve the game experience. A positive experience should be reflected in a consistent growth of players, not the rollercoaster the graph is now.
Steamcharts and personal experience on the PS platform indicate the current player numbers are boosted by freeloaders that drop the game as soon as next months giveaway is announced. Whatever the busines model may be, it does not depend sold copies and returning players.

• Volunteer Moderator
23 hours ago, MMaas said:

Whatever the busines model may be, it does not depend sold copies and returning players.

People don't seem to understand what's happening here. This is a burgeoning (hopefully, for them) franchise. One that depends less and less on revenue from a game as it branches out into multimedia. The animated series, a movie perhaps, toys, NFTs as Snail Games president has indicated. Ark 1 is just a springboard for other revenue streams.

You're not looking at the bigger picture. You aren't thinking like a businessperson. It's not about the game anymore. They made enough money from Ark to self-fund the other opportunities they are investing in now.

"As the franchise approaches 1 billion dollars in gross sales we will be announcing plans for exciting growth in a variety of sectors and multimedia industries."

Ark 2 is going to be a different game that has dinosaurs in it. If history is any indication, Ark 1 won't be around long after ARk 2 is released. What makes you think they will invest appreciable time or capital in an insignificant revenue generating vehicle like the obsolete Ark 1.

One man's opinion. I could be wrong. I bet I'm not.

tl;dr. It's not really about the (a) game anymore. 

The point is bad will is festering which is a threat to ark 2 sales. One very easy fix is more transparency in enforcement. No one has demonstrated a good argument on why they shouldn't be more transparent with reports like their peers. Some other transparency related issues is that they probably don't have nearly enough enforcement employees. I don't know how many they have but I have submitted a lot of tickets and there's only 4 GMs that respond. Maybe there's more than that but whatever they have is clearly not enough. 

15 hours ago, Tylanater said:

The point is bad will is festering which is a threat to ark 2 sales.

Feel free to show any valid evidence that this is true.

You want them to be more transparent, and we all get that. You're certainly entitled to click your heels three times and wish for whatever you want, maybe you'll go back to Kansas or maybe you'll still be stuck in Oz, who knows.

But wanting them to and making these big claims that their current style of communication is hurting their game are two entirely different things. Just because you dislike something doesn't mean it's bad for the game, or sales, all it means is that you don't like it. There are tons of things I dislike about ARK and dislike about WC, but I'm not making any wild claims that my personal pet peeves are costing them sales.

Here's the reality:
* WC has always been bad at communications, and yet the game has made over $1.3B.

* WC has always had terrible customer service, and yet the game has made over $1.3B.

* WC has always been bad about fixing bugs that waste hours and hours and hours of time from thousands and thousands thousands of players, and yet the game has made over $1.3B.

* WC has always cared very little about hacking and cheating, they only do the minimum required in order to pretend that they care about cheating, and yet the game has made over $1.3B.

...and so on.

You have the right to dislike whatever you want to dislike, but your personal preferences don't say anything about the sales of the game, neither current nor future.

One very easy fix is more transparency in enforcement.

Again, wishful thinking. You have no idea what affect more transparency has on the game, if any, you're just guessing. Actually you're doing worse than guessing, you're projecting major assumptions based on your personal preferences in spite of the fact that the game has made $1.3B over the years.

Back in 2015, and 2015, and 2017... people were complaining about the exact same things you're complaining about, and many of them were predicting that ARK would fail for the exact same reasons you're claiming that it's hurting their sales. And yet... $1.3B. All of those people were wrong, what evidence do you have that you're finally the one who's right about it?

No one has demonstrated a good argument on why they shouldn't be more transparent with reports like their peers.

You have that backwards, that's not how good arguments work. You're the one who made the original claim that started this thread and you made that claim without any support.

Any claims that are made without any supporting evidence can also be dismissed without any supporting evidence. Until you support your claims you have nothing.

Some other transparency related issues is that they probably don't have nearly enough enforcement employees. I don't know how many they have but I have submitted a lot of tickets and there's only 4 GMs that respond. Maybe there's more than that but whatever they have is clearly not enough. 

Their GM system has always been terrible, has always been understaffed, and the amount of useful help that the GM's can give is pretty awful most of the time. That's obviously not the fault of the GM's, they're just employees trying to do their job.

The real point here is that GM support has always been terrible and yet... there's that 1.3B staring us in the face again.

No one here is telling you that you should like what WC does, you have every right to like or dislike things according to your own preferences. But what you can't do is make blanket claims about how their system is hurting them financially without any supporting evidence.

WC is a pretty greedy company, it was started by people who have debatable ethics, it's done some pretty shady things (like selling Paid DLC while it was still in Early Access), but one thing they're good at is making money, and lots of it.

Now you might be right, maybe they would have made 1.5B or 2B if they had been a better company, and it's nice to think that's true. I would love it if someone could show that their terrible behaviors as a company had cost them money, either in the past or in the future, but frankly I doubt that it's true. WC had made buckets of money despite being a pretty terrible company, chances are they know a lot more than you do about what costs them money and what doesn't.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2022 at 6:13 PM, Pipinghot said:

When you tell cheaters something new, something they didn't know was possible, you have just informed people who want to cheat that now they might be able to find a new way to cheat something they would have never known about.

Yeah definitely cheaters not gonna knew that these type of cheat exist in game bc obliviously they didnt notice exact same cheat in their discord with price tag on it. And definitely they werent looking for youtube where you can found all kind of videos with cheaters.

These exuse sound so pathetic.

Archived