ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

3 hours ago, Kimsie said:

This sort of exists already - you can snap ceilings to a foundation and continue that way, using pillars if you need to extend more. The problem with this solution is that at the moment ceilings don't align height-wise with foundations and the pillar tops clip through. I'm really hoping they'll fix this and think they will - if so, there already is a solution to it in game :)

Yeah, I know and that's what I do - but like you say, they don't align and look poop ;)

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any thought on making the game play of Ark geared more towards raising dinos? Maybe we can no longer tame full grown wild dinos, but have to find the eggs in nests, or kill off the herd in order to tame the babies, and raise them from there.

Rasing and hatching dinos would be a lot easier.

Wild dino babies for all species.

Wild dino nests with fertilized eggs.

Breeding dinos would be quicker.

Boosts from raising would still apply.

Grid Snap System: ARK already utilizes a grid-snap system for building structures, however is it possible to make it so everything snaps? This means if you've built a wall with fence foundations and walls that your foundations would line up with it instead of trying to move back and forth and side to side and turning just right in an attempt to make it all line up? Is it possible to display an actual on-screen grid when placing objects?

1 - Are you guys thinking about creating advanced building structures, like Primitive+, to have houses more like nowadays? just for esthetic :3 :Campfire:

2 - I think that would be great if rideable insects and arachnids (pulminoscorpius, araneo, arthropluera...) could climb ravines and big rocks (not absolutely vertical structures). What do you think about it? 

3 - When will come the (amazing) electric storms of The Center to The Island? :Stamina:

4 - Shouldn't be a way to improve items from ramshackle to apprentice, for example? Not only finding blueprints. Using an amount of resources to increase the rank, for example. :Hatchet:

5 - Maybe there should be a way to move unconscious dinos, like we can do with humans. Maybe (depending of the weight of the unconscious guy) some dinos could transport others, for example, a mammoth could carry (or pull!) a parasaur, and a raptor could pull (sounds better, hm-_-) a dilo. :Dilophosaur:

6 - What about two-handed pistols? Could add better gameplay (SotF included!)

7 - I think that could be really funny if every dino has a roar/snarl key like wolves, bears, rexes, giganotos... :Sabertooth:

Choose the question that you want ^^

Ty guys for this hard work!

:Rex:

Would you consider putting a cool down or limit on tribes changing their tribe name. On the server I'm playing on there are tribes that change their names several times a day. Makes it tough to keep track of them or hunt down those who have wronged you. I've also seen people pose as another tribe by switching to a similar name using for example, a lower case L in place of an upper case I in an attempt to frame a tribe for raiding and/or killing others.

Any chance we can get Dev Kit functionality to arrange primal data blueprints in groups, assign each item a point value within that group, and then impose a cap on how many points worth of structures/tames from each group a tribe may have placed/own.

I would really like to run a server that limits the amount of dinos tribes can get, with higher powered dinos costing more towards the cap. Or maybe a turret mod with multiple turret types, with stronger turrets costing more. Or limiting how many vaults & or storage boxes a tribe can have. I really think it would be great for people trying to create personalized server specific balance type mods.

When will weak dinos stop picking fights with larger stronger creatures? Like compy's I feel like certain creatures shouldn't attack other creatures unless there is a certain number of them together. 

Also, when will our dinos stop aggroing other passive dinos when fighting enemies? It's annoying when you first start up a new game and that stupid Dilo you get tries to protect you against a titanoboa and ends up getting every Parecer in the biome aggrod onto it and killing it. It's extremely frustrating. Especially when it's a small dino that should only hurt its target. I mean, it's more understandable if I charge in on a bronto and whack everyone over the head with its tail, but for others it's just stupid and makes me wanna rage quit.

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived