ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that the game is in development so will you work to the dinosaur behavior more to make the game more realistic? Here are my thoughts :

dino herds moving all together in one direction
wild nests with 2 or three eggs
corpses
wild animals life stages
big carnivors like t-rex spino and giga fight each other for an area
a way that smaller dinos like raptors won't attack to bigger ones like t-rex but insted they will run
mammals could migrate from the snow biome to the oposite site of the island when the seasons are changing (if they add seasons)

Firstly, the same questions from a previous digest:

1) Will the dino's falling through the floors (on structures, not the actual soil level) be resolved soon?! It drives me mad opening my base door to see Rex legs dangling right in front of my face through the platform above :)

2) Will we at any point be able to 'smooth out' the irrigation piping? I mean like, when I've used an intake pipe from the sea and built the pipe to my hut but because the sand slopes, have had to use the inclined pipe as well as the straight - it kinda looks a bit of a mess! The option to 'snap' it or flatten it to the floor once complete would be cool? If not, how about allowing us control of the degrees of angle on the inclined section? We could make it not so severe and try to get it to follow the land a bit better.

3) Still on piping - can we get a smaller intersection, perhaps?

4) Will pillars not go through the ceilings at any stage, or are they always meant to slightly snap through and be visible?

5) Are there more types of structure planned? I've seen some clay-style prototypes linked on Twitter but they were for Primitive+ I think. How about the main game in general? -- obviously excluding the new tree-based stuff for Redwoods!

6) It'd be cool to be able to snap walls and stuff to game scenery - use a large rock face as the back wall to a base for example, or put a platform in the trees using the tree as the support, rather than pillars. I realise the scenery is largely destructible though which raises issues with this idea...

7) Finally on building - any plans to address building on multiple levels? By this I mean if I'm building on a slope and I put down a base floor of say, 3x5 wooden foundations. I go to put down a 4th row to expand one day and because the ground is slightly too low, the foundations won't snap. Could there be a 2nd level of foundation? Sort of taller/elongated? Perhaps they cost extra in resources, but they'd help overcome this issue!

And then, a quick extra question:

8) Could we get an 'eat all' button on XB1 (maybe for PC too it'd be useful)? When my health is low and I need to munch a stack of berries, repeatedly tapping the right trigger is only wearing out that trigger and tiring my finger! An 'eat all' like we have in the 'craft all' menu (e.g. when making spark powder or narcs in the pestle and mortar) would be great. The survivor could manage whether they need to split the stack before pressing the 'eat all' option so there'd be no need to add in code to ensure only the correct amount to max the health is eaten.

Is it a feature having levels put into speed on wild dinos, often referred to as "wasted levels", or is this subject to change?

Would you consider letting us raise or lower fence foundations instead of having to build several on top of eachother and remove the ones we don't want? I just love trying to align the tops when building fences and at the moment it wastes a lot of resources doing so - especially when the top one (the one I want) frequently is demolished when trying to remove an adjacent fence foundation.

Are you planning on some sort of "fix" to dinos walking too far away from each other when mating, so that the mating is aborted?

34 minutes ago, TranqRex said:

7) Finally on building - any plans to address building on multiple levels? By this I mean if I'm building on a slope and I put down a base floor of say, 3x5 wooden foundations. I go to put down a 4th row to expand one day and because the ground is slightly too low, the foundations won't snap. Could there be a 2nd level of foundation? Sort of taller/elongated? Perhaps they cost extra in resources, but they'd help overcome this issue!

This sort of exists already - you can snap ceilings to a foundation and continue that way, using pillars if you need to extend more. The problem with this solution is that at the moment ceilings don't align height-wise with foundations and the pillar tops clip through. I'm really hoping they'll fix this and think they will - if so, there already is a solution to it in game :)

With regards to Xbox, will there be a way to transfer entire stacks of resources or stacks of meat with a simple click or trigger pull? Mashing and holding A while trying to move thousands of resources get tedious. Also is there or will there be a way to keep the sorting of inventories to stay? Ie once alphabetical sorting has been selected it stays that way.

When achievements will be added to the xbox version, are those only obtainable on official server or local with standard settings similar to those on official servers? Because it would only be fair if everyone needs to do the same effort to earn them and not cheat on local gamemode. If im allowed to mention it: A system similar to Minecraft Xbox One edition, where achievements are blocked once you activated creative.

Is the option for PvE Servers to disable building around critical resource node regions going to be on by default on the Official PVE servers? This would help with some of the pillar spam. On the Official PVE servers can the option to still build auto-turrets and plant-turrets on platform saddles be turned on, and for the plant-turrets to function like they did before v242. No reason to limit where turrets can be built or changing how they function on PVE servers. They're used to defend not to raid.

Also larger walls for fences would be nice. Tall as a dino gate and wide as a mammoth gate, stackable with built in snapable foundations.

What kind of mutations will the babies have? Ist it a mutation which babies will get randomly even if they have parents which aren't related or is it something like incest so you MUST use different dinos to breed better stats respectively you MUST breed that often until you get the best result of both dinos and can no longer breed for example daughter and father, son and mother, sister and brother?

And is there a way to get more levels into a stat e.g. stamina than the parents have? For example the mother has 40 lvl in stamina and the father has 35 lvl. Is it possible to get e.g. lvl 42 on the baby with any kind of extras? In other words: Is or will it be possible to increase the stats by breeding?

Since some raft fixes were recently done...

Can we fix this abuse? - http://image.prntscr.com/image/68ec900a0dcd4ad596b3726cbd595d42.png

(Being able to make things inaccessible by clipping it outside the map)

Also, can we add the demolish allowed feature to rafts? There are so many rafts from tribes that haven't played in months on servers.

Building: is it possible to allow for a larger portion of an object (foundation, wall, fence foundation, etc) to go into the ground when building (instead of being obstructed). This would allow for a cleaner, more complete, appearance of structures.

Terraforming: will this ever be a possibility? The ability to flatten land would allow for visually aesthetic building.

Placeholders: is it possible to make a way for us to eliminate pillars & foundations, we do not own, used as placeholders for and deterrents to building on PVE servers? Resources stop spawning and they stop new players from building/ expanding. This isn't an issue on PVP (obviously).

Inventory Organization: is it possible to create a "restack" button – something that allows players to reshuffle partial stacks of items into full/ complete stacks? This would also be a helpful addition to crates and other structures that hold items.

Claiming: is it possible to add the ability to claim a building, structure, or dino, instead of "demolish" it and potentially give resources to non-owners for taking the time to demolish abandoned structures?

You said that we will have a new biome, the desert. And always, when you are talking about the desert, you always use adjetives like: giant, huge......

But at the same time, you said that you dont want more biomes on the actual map. So... where can we will see the desert biome? A new island? Maybe an expansion to the actual island??

Ever consider more saddle varieties? For example: a lightweight saddle with a lower weight but reduced armor, and maybe a flat bonus to movement speed and/or increased stamina regeneration; a transport saddle that attaches a cart/wagon which increases carrying weight but lowers movement speed, or functions as a "mini platform saddle" that can't support structures but could support smaller objects like a campfire/reservoir/pestle-mortar/box/etc.; or making multi-seat saddles a separate item (like platform saddles) for gallis/diplos and adding them to some other dinos like the sarco/argy/mammoth/rhino/etc.; or adding a trade-off to the platform saddle like a significant amount weight (100-200)

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived