ARK Digest Q&A!

Jatheish

• Administrator

Hey Survivors,

If you've got a question, suggestion or just a general statement you'd like us to check out for the next ARK Digest - this'll be the place to do so! Each Digest, we'll select some from here and discuss or answer what has been asked/said. Keep in mind we won't be doing anything on ETAs, so avoid them if you can ;).

Thanks,

Jat

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you ever answer more questions from previous Q&A threads, or do you want us to just keep posting the unanswered questions we have from previous threads in each one? I just see that you like to start a new Q&A thread for each week and some of the same things keep being asked and thought it might be more efficient to just keep the same thread going...

In addition to breeding dinos, will we ever gain the ability to 'clone' our favorites? (Think of this as an expensive revive mechanic, perhaps only giving the base dino post tame. Perhaps needing a dna extractor and other high tech instruments from the tek tier. The powers that be can clone us repeatedly, why not the animals as well?)

Will Mindwipe ever work on dinos so we can 'respec' them in the event of patch changes or mistakes made on our parts?

Can the training dummy show torpor damage done? (Didn't check yet, so if it does already, thanks :) )

Thanks for answering one of my questions in the last digest by the way.

Can you implement an admin log that will show when a player has destroyed the structures of other players? Many rp as well as pvp servers have rules against mass base destruction and griefing, but with no logs of who's doing the damage the admins aren't able to find the rule breaker. An admin log would be useful for many, many other reasons as well and make their lives so much easier. Hope you guys will consider it!

On the subject of logs, will the current tribe logs get updated to show more detailed information? Such as the tribe name of a dino that killed you?

For those of us who enjoy cave spelunking with our birds on single player, can we get a way to enable the ForceAllowCaveFlyers=True setting in the ini file? 

Is it possible to enhance the oviraptor and lystrosaurus so that their effect go hand in hand with their levels? So that a max level perfect tamed oviraptor, for example, would increase the chances of getting eggs at a higher rate than a lvl 4 tamed one? That'd make it more rewarding to go for higher levels other than just bragging rights. 

THIS FOR XBOX

Is there a way to keep the forcetamed dinos or is going to be a feature in the future for that?

[I mean like the ones you cant tame normally  and they dissapear if you log out, so we can made a jurassic park feature. Creatures: Titanoboa,Coel, Piranha, Meganeura, Titanomyrma, Alphas, etc].

Will you add in the future a option that in your tribe you can have your own personal stash, not just for the admins, individually i mean. [Like this gun, I FOUND IT, its mine]

Thanks for the work, we love you

One word ark devs please make it so that you can make rope bridges between houses in Redwoods that don't need support so I can be an ewok. Also for the future before release try to add better animations for eating bodies instead of just hitting it sometimes not even touching the body. Lastly Optimization I know its coming but please.

Your Lover

SpongeGar

SpongeGar.png

• Volunteer Moderator

wondering if we could have the ability to use angler gel in regular torches? my wife asks me about this regularly, and i'm tired of making new boxes to store it in, so please? lol...actually im interested if there are plans to utilize angler gel in more ways, even just being able to use it in standing/wall torches underwater would be really cool.

With the Tek Tier Replicator coming -- Would it be possible to get a primitive version to break down primitive weapons and tools etc only,  by using the smithy but not as efficient as the tek version?

Paintball Gun? -- because PVP isn't fun without a bit of colour (washes in the rain or soap required)

Will the Mosa + Plesi ever come up for air as they are Air Breathers afterall?

Radar Tek? -- used to detect nearby flying dinos

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived