Community Crunch 324: Summer EVO Event Extended, Community Corner, and More!

StudioWildcard

Greetings Survivors!

Don't be hasty to pack away your swimming trunks! The Summer EVO Event has been extended until 1pm Pacific, on July 26th, so make the most of the extra time to tame those colourful creatures with increased rates, along with a community favourite; breeding boosts!

And as always, we conclude the Community Crunch this week with another Community Corner, showcasing some amazingly talented creators from the ARK community.

summerevoevent.png

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

The Summer EVO Event has been extended until 1pm Pacific, on July 26th.  You can find the rates below:

*Note that these bonuses are multiplicative of the game's standard 1x rates. 

• Official Servers: 3x XP, Harvesting, Taming, and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
  • Small Tribe Servers: 4.5x XP, Harvesting, Taming, 4x Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
  • ARKpocalypse: 5x XP, Harvesting, Taming, and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
  • Conquest: 5x XP, Harvesting, Taming, and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus

For the duration of The Summer EVO Event, we will be disabling the world buffs from Baby Boon & Maewing Poach on Genesis Part 2 on the Official Network. In the past, we've adjusted for the impact events have had on the rates by tweaking the bonuses that we use during breeding events, however, those tweaks lead to unfavorable circumstances on maps that aren't Genesis Part 2, so during breeding events, we'll be disabling these mission buffs specifically as not to affect the bonuses on other maps.

Find more information about the Summer EVO Event here.

communitycorner.png

Fan Art Gallery | Screenshot GalleryArtist Feedback Form

communitystories_.png

falseHacker#7841

The deep abyss is the most haunting place on Ark. I’ve recently unlocked tek, and needed to grab some materials, which many happened to be underwater. Fjordors ocean isn’t very large, it’s relatively shallow most of the time with frequent caves. However, on the western side, I encountered a cave while exploring  and I found the deep abyss. An area of nothing but freezing cold water, and dangerous creatures. However, those are not the scariest parts of the area, it’s the emptiness. It was just me, my shadowmane, and sound of my oxygen tank and breathing. I entered and saw, a blinding sight of blue nothingness. Sure there were alpha creatures in there, but they never scared me, I had strong mounts I could throw out to protect me, the atmosphere was what scared me. A massive cove of water, occasionally interrupted by cracks in floor, that give off radiation. A massive skeleton lays for what seems an infinite length around the abyss, is what sealed the deal. As soon as I got what I needed, I left. Never would I think ark triggers this sense of terror

clipsvideos.png

Creator: NeddyTheNoodle
The complete Scorched Earth Survival Stories, by NeddytheNoodle and his amazing team, brings to life the lore of this mysterious desert. You can also watch The Island Survival Stories here.

Creator: Kittykatlapurr
Kittykatlapurr begins her epic journey on the ARKIVE - a PVP ish Server that revolves around trying to get all the gold! Who will become friends and who will become enemies?

fanart_2.png

Shadowmane by @bonten_ARK

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_324_Shadowmane

Tramen's birthday gift by @bonten_ARK

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_324_Tramens_bi

Fluffy snow by @falco_luna

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_324_Fluffy_sno

Artfight - Perseus by @rhallwyn

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_324_Artfight_P

Otter and Shadowmane by @rianeko_mabi

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_324_Otter_and_

Rex in the style of Ark: The Animated Series! by @Snudoo1

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_324_Rex_in_the

ARKive by @TriassicRaptor

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_324_ARKive_192

Till the end by @WolfTek7

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_324_Till_the_e

Underwater walk by @k3zk_627

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_324_Underwater

ARK - Stripped by IsisMasshiro

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_324_ARK_Stripp

Rest in piece Tangerine by MAD#1337

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_324_Rest_in_pi

Dodowyvern and Mantis by MayaPatch

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_324_Dodowyvern

Mosasaur by @MayaPatch

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_324_Mosasaur_1

Artfight - Reine and Sapphire by NeoVanilluxe#0900

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_324_Artfight_R

Oh? You're approaching me? by nszkoda#8225

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_324_Oh_Youre_a

Glow pets by ToxxicFoxxy#0061

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_324_Glow_pets_

Spinosaurus' (Render) by DragonHeart#6424

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_324_Spinosauru

screen.png

@DreadTamer

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_324_Castle_192

Hoover#8669

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_324_Untitled1_

Porter#5063

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_324_Untitled2_

YAMATO#4352

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_324_Spinosauru

See you next week!
Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Discord: discord.com/invite/playark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Official Wiki: ark.wiki.gg

View full article

• Thanks 1

I assume I have over 7k hours played.  About 99% of that was in first person. THIRD PERSON IS TRASH. Have you played Conan’s Exile? It’s a joke and Ark 2 will be as well. Third person isn’t immersive.

Fromsoft is the ONLY dev to get third person combat right. You honestly think Wildcard will succeed where games THAT INTENDED TO RIP DARK SOULS failed?

All I wanted was Ark with better graphics. I would have given you $200 for it! There’s no other game I want and you’ve literally ruined it…..

• Like 1

• Volunteer Moderator
4 hours ago, eESTlane said:

again, valguero ice golems aren't coded into base game. so if you dont have valguero installed and render someone who has them out, you get disconnected. 

If you want someone to actually look into this you need to post it in the bug section. 

Bugs -> https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/bugs/

9 hours ago, AZ16brz said:

PLS.....Switch to only the tribe that activated the mini boss bayla get the loot and element

You know he's just a volunteer moderator for the forum and not an ark dev right? No offense to Joe or the others but that's like asking the janitor to change the school curriculum instead of the school district's head of the board

• Like 1

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

You know he's just a volunteer moderator for the forum and not an ark dev right? No offense to Joe or the others but that's like asking the janitor to change the school curriculum instead of the school district's head of the board

Celebrate the 30th Anniversary of the Breakfast...

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Metalace said:

Yay now fix the problems you caused with this so called update fix... everytime I open my inventory i crash!!!! Ps5 user and I load into game let it fully render and open inventory and BOOM game crashes! You might as well extend the event till the end of August because its nothing but crash crash crash!

CE-108255-1 or CE-105799-1? Those are so common since a few months I don't even bother to report. Dismounting and inventory check is the most common crash on our PS5. Right after the update it happened "only" 3 times in 4 hours.
The issue could be hardware or software related, local or server,  but ARK is the only game that has these crashes so frequent. Even Warthunder, Fallout 4 or 76 and  a bugfest like Cyberpunk 2077 do not crash so often as ARK does and it is getting fairly annoying to get so little response on bug reports. A so called indy FPS shooter like Hell Let Loose is giving a far more stable gameplay, never chrashed.

Official PS server performance is also very random, there used to be a 20~40 ping on EU servers (while playing from EU) with a low even as good as 9 on launch of Fjordur! Every afternoon (or morning in USA) the ping rises to 70~90 with an absolute dissaterous high of 130~180 last evening (or afternoon in USA of course)! This is kind of weird given the fact that player numbers have dropped roughly 30% on average during the day and barely reach the cap lately.

(And no, not expecting any response of WC to this remark... Why would they care. I'm an ARK addict, I will play no matter how crappy the game delivers.)

7 hours ago, MMaas said:

CE-108255-1 or CE-105799-1? Those are so common since a few months I don't even bother to report. Dismounting and inventory check is the most common crash on our PS5. Right after the update it happened "only" 3 times in 4 hours.
The issue could be hardware or software related, local or server,  but ARK is the only game that has these crashes so frequent. Even Warthunder, Fallout 4 or 76 and  a bugfest like Cyberpunk 2077 do not crash so often as ARK does and it is getting fairly annoying to get so little response on bug reports. A so called indy FPS shooter like Hell Let Loose is giving a far more stable gameplay, never chrashed.

ARK is an enormous mess of code.  Dinos, structures, pathing, player connection and positioning, all these have to seamlessly feed from the server machine out to any computer that requests the info.  WildCard has refused to region-lock servers (can still bypass with VPN, but it might help some), so these connections can come from quite literally anywhere in the world. 

It is definitely both software and hardware related.  The game is just too complex after so many years of development to work with less bugs.  My personal hope for ARK 2 is that they focus a bit more on consistency of how they code the game.  Seems like there is a lack of that in how ARK is currently coded.  There are creatures in the non-canon maps and some of them are coded in outside the base game, as a single example, and I don't know that it is 100% necessary for that to be the case.  We've always had hardware problems too, on the client-side, getting ARK to run smoothly.  I've seen it memory leak to consume right up to 16gb of vram, and at a different time, nearly 32gb of system ram.  We can brute-force it with a stacked system, or strip it to DX10 and run in potato-mode, but these problems still hang around.  It IS better than it used to be in 2015/16 though, but there is more that could be done.

The devs seem to hold a, "that crap is in the past" approach to the current released game as they develop forward.  They've done TLCs, I know, and anti-mesh passes on older maps, but fixes for simple map-related problems have gone untouched for years, if they were ever solved.  It also usually took an unavoidably game-breakingly bad problem for them to step in to released content and do anything about it.  Hopefully the design philosophy in ARK 2 breaks that WildCard tradition, and they spend time refining released maps, systems, and creatures.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TheDonn said:

Hopefully the design philosophy in ARK 2 breaks that WildCard tradition, and they spend time refining released maps, systems, and creatures.

I share the hope but am afraid that is a leadership issue.
Also the announcement of partnering with a studio that recently showed a huge lack of quality assurance by releasing the GTA trilogy in the state it was is a sign nothing will change for the better.

19 hours ago, Voidtoker said:

EVERY Souls-clone has garbage combat. Every single one. I will be salty forever that you didn’t deliver the Ark 2 we wanted. NO ONE ASKED FOR THIRD PERSON.

Play Conan’s Exile, ITS GARBAGE BECAUSE OF THE THIRD PERSON. 

Um no third person is not the reason why Conan sucks, its the clanking graphics and endless stuttering and rubber banding.  

So do you hate all the GTA and AC, DS games to?

On 7/19/2022 at 9:37 AM, MMaas said:

Also the announcement of partnering with a studio that recently showed a huge lack of quality assurance by releasing the GTA trilogy in the state it was is a sign nothing will change for the better.

Omg r they the same people who released that? Jeez, that is utter shameless garbage, they wrecked the game, and they knew it when they released it.

Seriously, you'd think that studio would never work again - if anyone reading this doesn't know what happened just google it.