Snow Owl Pellets

BetaWolf

I think I've tried force feeding stim berries and I don't think that worked, not like it does with the phioma.  I'm pretty sure the easiest remedy is to add more owls to your production line in front of the gachas.

You can extend the life of the pellets you do collect by storing them in dung beetles. 

Also, the pellets I think only produce when the area is rendered.  Maybe someone else has better info.

7 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

To put it in perspective , i have 4 owls for 1 gacha and i got 2 gacha out.  They were full in 2 days.  But there's 5 of us and someone is online almost 24/7.

A better question I should've asked (and actually interesting info the wiki could provide) would be: "How often do Owls drop pellets?"

A gacha eats a pellet every 30 minutes? (I thought I read that somewhere but I can't find it back anymore ~ if it's unknown, that would be another interesting question and info the wiki could use 🙈)

Do you mean with "full", slot-capped? 

From the wiki

Snow Owl Pellets can be used to quickly start a long lasting crop plot. By self freezing and regaining stamina, the Snow Owl's hunger will drop drastically, in this time you can defecate 2 - 3 times to make several pellets. You may repeat this process for multiple crop plots for maximum crop longevity.

When tossing a cryopod with a snow owl in it, it will immediately drop a pellet. The bird can then be re-cryoed and retossed for infinite pellets at no cost.

There is (or at least was) a poop interval slider in the server settings (may be a .ini command). You could lower this if you control server settings but it may have some negative side effects in combat if you go too low.

6 hours ago, BetaWolf said:

Is there a way to get Snow Owls dropping Pellets faster? Do their stats have an influence (Stamina, Food)? You would make me really happy if you could provide me with the answer! ♥♥♥

Best way to do it is to lvl up their stamina, then use the freeze heal. After they drain their stamina compleatly with the freeze heal, as their stamina goes up, you can spam the "poop" function to get a couple of pellets real quick. However do not let their food stat go empty. If it does, they will not produce pellets. 

I had a owl with about 3000 stamina and I could get 3-5 pellets for every freeze heal.

56 minutes ago, OMCWILDCAT said:

From the wiki

Snow Owl Pellets can be used to quickly start a long lasting crop plot. By self freezing and regaining stamina, the Snow Owl's hunger will drop drastically, in this time you can defecate 2 - 3 times to make several pellets. You may repeat this process for multiple crop plots for maximum crop longevity.

When tossing a cryopod with a snow owl in it, it will immediately drop a pellet. The bird can then be re-cryoed and retossed for infinite pellets at no cost.

There is (or at least was) a poop interval slider in the server settings (may be a .ini command). You could lower this if you control server settings but it may have some negative side effects in combat if you go too low.

Would you know the interval of the official servers?

9 hours ago, OMCWILDCAT said:

The slider setting would be 1. I do not know and couldn't find info on a dinos exact timer between poops though. If you wanted them to poop more you would lower the interval closer to zero. 

Thanks. I hope someone has tested it already and wants to share it. 🙈

It would be strange if no one already did.

16 hours ago, BetaWolf said:

A gacha eats a pellet every 30 minutes? (I thought I read that somewhere but I can't find it back anymore ~ if it's unknown, that would be another interesting question and info the wiki could use 🙈)

Gachas pick up ANY loose stuff around them - Really don't think there is timer to pickup .... So the more pellets, the more pickup. As far as I know (and have seen)

57 minutes ago, DirkInSA said:

Gachas pick up ANY loose stuff around them - Really don't think there is timer to pickup .... So the more pellets, the more pickup. As far as I know (and have seen)

Not really looking for a pick up timer, what I want to know is the following (official server rates):

• How often a Gacha eats Snow Pellets / what's the duration of the boost they get from the Pellet

• How often do Owls drop pellets (without cryoing, using stam, ...)?

GrumpyBear said:

I never counted exact #s on what they consumed.  I just counted how many times they would sit, or how much effort it took to get something out of it.  Honestly they are not that useful for how I play.

I wanna figure out how to slot-cap my Gacha's in the most efficient way (figuring out the Y-trap : Snow Owl Pellet ratio).

51 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Not sure why people bother with these when you can literally produce 150 stacks of seeds with a single stack of berries using the broken Iguanodon.

hehe more like 2 as you need another to move a single berry in front of the full stack each time you make seeds so the iguanadon makes 101 berries but only takes the single berry... it works but too bothersome to keep repeating over and over just to bypass the system

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, Mai said:

hehe more like 2 as you need another to move a single berry in front of the full stack each time you make seeds so the iguanadon makes 101 berries but only takes the single berry... it works but too bothersome to keep repeating over and over just to bypass the system

You don't need to move the stacks around;

1. Put 150 stacks of berries into the Iguanodon.
  2. Produce seeds which generates 150 stacks but only consume 1 stack.
  3. Put a new stack in its inventory.
  4. Repeat 2-3 as long as you want producing millions of seeds in few minutes.

Basically, it consume 1 stack but produce seeds for all the stacks available effectively slot capping and resulting into 149 stacks of berries and 150 stacks of seeds for every stack of berries you trade in.

24 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Basically, it consume 1 stack but produce seeds for all the stacks available effectively slot capping and resulting into 149 stacks of berries and 150 stacks of seeds for every stack of berries you trade in.

Hell, theroetically you could keep slot capping things with a good bronto and iguna. Run bronto near a swamp for a minute or two. Go to the igunadon once slot capped, cook berries into seeds, then just toss the seeds to the gocha from the iguna to infront of the gochya and boom. Bobs your neice.......its a weird family.

3 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

thats what i normally do but you said in your post was a "single" stack of berries hence my reply to it

• Volunteer Moderator
4 hours ago, Mai said:

thats what i normally do but you said in your post was a "single" stack of berries hence my reply to it

Ah yeah, technically, you need more than a single stack. 😅 What I meant is that you can get 150 stacks of seeds for every single stack of berries that you lose.

Archived