Dlc

Killorder1919

On 7/10/2022 at 8:28 PM, Killorder1919 said:

Well that is kinda poopty because why would it say it's free on the store

This game includes both free maps and paid maps, which is why MMaas asked you which maps you have access to.

Free DLC maps - The Center, Ragnarok, Valguero, Crystal Isles, Lost Island, Fjordur

Paid DLC maps - Scorched Earth, Aberration, Extinction, Genesis 1&2

The Paid DLC maps are all part of the ARK install, but you can't access them until you "unlock" them by paying for them. Having said that once you pay to unlock them you don't have to download anything extra, they're already on your system.

The Free DLC maps don't install automatically, you have to take an additional action to install them. On Steam for the PC you "Subscribe" to them but I don't know how you download them in the PS4 store.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Volunteer Moderator
47 minutes ago, Killorder1919 said:

Well it's the pay ones that say they are free

I think you need to show screenshots of what you are talking about.

You've not said which DLC you are referring to at all. You've said it is the pay ones that say they are free. It's all rather confusing.

Some places you still have to go through a "purchase" process to get the free product, but with no payment required. I don't know what the PS store is like, but it might help if you make things clearer.

On 7/23/2022 at 3:06 AM, GP said:

I think you need to show screenshots of what you are talking about.

You've not said which DLC you are referring to at all. You've said it is the pay ones that say they are free. It's all rather confusing.

Some places you still have to go through a "purchase" process to get the free product, but with no payment required. I don't know what the PS store is like, but it might help if you make things clearer.

The dlc that I am talking about is scorched earth,gen 1and 2 abberation,and exctition

1 hour ago, Killorder1919 said:

The dlc that I am talking about is scorched earth,gen 1and 2 abberation,and exctition

Sadly, all of those DLC's must be paid for before you can play them. However in order to play any of the other free maps, you must have the information from DLS's downloaded first.

In other words, even if you have not bought those DLC's, they are automatically downloaded with Ark, but they will be "locked" until you purchase them.

Once you do pay for them, they are then "unlocked" and you can play them pretty much immediately without needing to redownload the whole map again. Now with that said, there may need to be patch's or current revisions to be downloaded to bring that map up to date.

• Volunteer Moderator
7 hours ago, Killorder1919 said:

Those are not free DLC, those are the official DLCs that are part of season passes.

The free DLCs include: The Center, Ragnarok, Valguero, Crystal Isles, Lost Island and Fjordur.

Archived