What's the best way to mine element shards on Fjordur?

Supremist

Can anyone tell me what would be the best way to mine element shards in the magmasaur cave on Fjordur? This would be on official pve so tek stryders are a no and super mutated dinos are also a no. I have access to an anky, a 250% damage mantis with a 200% damage pickaxe (using pickaxe to mine seems to get more shards than hatchet), and a mining drill. Which one of these ways gives the most shards per rock, or is there another gathering method I'm not thinking of?

So far from testing a primitive mining drill versus a decent anky, I've had more luck with the ankyin getting more shards. The strategy I've been using with my friends is one person on a giga goes in and clears out all the hostile creatures and then another person throws the anky out to farm the rocks. Right now during the 3x event, we usually leave the cave with 4000+ shards and no casualties. Be sure to hit any rocks hiding underneath the magmasaur nests.

mantis only shines when it has higher melee and a 298 pick.   The mining drill , even if you have one that's boosted above primitive, never really matches what animals can do for you.  Anky will win just about everytime until striders and highly mutated dinos are let in.

The one thing probably nobody has tested yet, is respecing your character with high melee and the best pickaxe you can make or find.    That's where, I don't think anyone here can tell you if that beats an anky or not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived