Fjordur Oceans are really.....bad....

Solys

I have explored 99% of the ocean now. I have found all the caves, building holes, and other goodies. Overall I give the ocean a 2/10.
New aggro range on megs is just cancer. Pure, unadulterated cancer. Having the vast majority of the ocean be populated by eels and megs...what goof thought that would make for interesting swimming adventures? Taming even ichy's has become a dull chore of:  kill 11 megs -> feed 1 ichy -> it swims away 500m -> get swarmed by other ichys that you dont care about -> kill 11 more megs -> kill the original ichy because they are attracted to meg dogpiles -> feed a new ichy -> chase it for 2km while it is hungry and wanting food, but you cant feed it because tail whip and response time on feeding sucks -> give up, eat the ichy, come on the forums to rant about how dumb it is.

While the ichy story is a driving factor for coming here, overall the ocean satisfaction level is very low. If anything interesting spawns, its surrounded by megs with aggro ranges of 1km and it becomes a slog that is not difficult, just slow and boring af.

Please don't make oceans so terrible in Ark 2.

I have to agree that the ocean on fjordur is rather underwhelming, and I've been all through the ocean like you Solys. Most of the ocean doesn't even seem that deep, the sides/edge of the map are pretty thin and not much room, and there's a severe lack of plesios, tuso, and mosa even before the summer event kicked off. Even when I do find those 3 types outside of the underground ocean, their AI doesn't even function right they just sit there and do nothing lol, they don't even chase after you when you get close.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly I wish megs were my biggest problem. Built an undersea base to free up a cryofridge and about 90% of the sea life I've seen has been Cnidaria and eels. I'm basically held at gunpoint by the game to use a basilosaurus if I want to do anything and can't even put out more tames like my tusos unless I want to be an utter douchecanoe and set up multiple forcefields outside of the range of the others to have more than the small cluster I could fit in the bubble I made. Adding to that there's hardly any flat land in the depths. I adore the reefs, truly I do, but sweet Jesus is it hell to make a vacuum compartment set up that looks nice.

On 7/9/2022 at 9:39 PM, Solys said:

While the ichy story is a driving factor for coming here

Forget dolphin chasing, build a trap and let it follow u in, actually once u have a trap get a megalodon. Or even better bypass that too and get a basil.

Also, I love the oceans on Fjordur, they are so much more varied and interesting than any of the other maps, a real pleasure to explore the first time.

• 2 months later...
On 7/21/2022 at 1:42 PM, CosmicSkeleton said:

Honestly I wish megs were my biggest problem. Built an undersea base to free up a cryofridge and about 90% of the sea life I've seen has been Cnidaria and eels. I'm basically held at gunpoint by the game to use a basilosaurus

lol who knew the apex predator of fjordurs kceans was an effin jelly

On 7/9/2022 at 9:39 PM, Solys said:

I have explored 99% of the ocean now. I have found all the caves, building holes, and other goodies. Overall I give the ocean a 2/10.
New aggro range on megs is just cancer. Pure, unadulterated cancer. Having the vast majority of the ocean be populated by eels and megs...what goof thought that would make for interesting swimming adventures? Taming even ichy's has become a dull chore of:  kill 11 megs -> feed 1 ichy -> it swims away 500m -> get swarmed by other ichys that you dont care about -> kill 11 more megs -> kill the original ichy because they are attracted to meg dogpiles -> feed a new ichy -> chase it for 2km while it is hungry and wanting food, but you cant feed it because tail whip and response time on feeding sucks -> give up, eat the ichy, come on the forums to rant about how dumb it is.

While the ichy story is a driving factor for coming here, overall the ocean satisfaction level is very low. If anything interesting spawns, its surrounded by megs with aggro ranges of 1km and it becomes a slog that is not difficult, just slow and boring af.

Please don't make oceans so terrible in Ark 2.

where its the best ocean map in ark?

Archived