Community Crunch 323: New Sponsored Mods, Community Corner, and More!

StudioWildcard

Greetings Survivors!

Welcome to another edition of the Community Crunch! This week we have a reminder about Conquest Season 4 and the addition of 3 more maps this Sunday.

We are also announcing new additions to the Sponsored Mod program, and wrapping up with some of our favourite stories, videos, fan art, and screenshots from the ARK community in Community Corner.

Don't forget to slap on a hat, slop on some sunscreen, and wrap yourself in some sweet summer shades, because we have an ongoing Summer EVO Event live right now!

conquestseason.png

On Sunday at 10am Pacific, Conquest will introduce new maps to its currently active season.

Map Rollout Plan:

• 6/26/22 - The Island, Scorched Earth, The Center *COMPLETED*
  • 7/10/22 - Ragnarok, Aberration, Valguero *THIS SUNDAY*
  • 7/24/22 - Lost Island, Crystal Isles

Find more information about Conquest Season 4 here, and be sure to stop by the Conquest Discord to directly contact the Conquest enforcement team.

sponsoredmodupdate.png

maxresdefault.jpg

If you are looking to change up the game why not check out some new mods.

The ARK Sponsored Mod program is currently accepting applications until August 5th. Please submit your projects here.

newsponsored.png

Arkitect_Builder_Collection.png
    large.65740083_Arkitect_Builder_Collection_Sponsorship_Banner(1).jpg

Gimilkhad is back with more for everyone that loves to build. This collection includes additional types of structure pieces that match vanilla style and others to allow for entirely new constructions. You also find QoL changes for snap points and building tools, including efforts to improve snapping between different mods!

Check out the Arkitect Builder Collection

RP_EDDitions.png
    large.1373463427_RPEMain(1).jpg

Looking for some more structures variation for your RP server? You will find new types of crops, structures, light sources, tools, and even an economic system built right into R.P. EDDitions. With a revamped tame storage system, new revival system, and plenty of plans for the future you should find some refreshing gameplay with this mod.

Check out R.P. EDDitions

evo.png

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

There is an ongoing Summer EVO Event until 1pm Pacific, on July 15th.  You can find the rates below:

*Note that these bonuses are multiplicative of the game's standard 1x rates. 

• Official Servers: 3x XP, Harvesting, Taming, and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
    • Small Tribe Servers: 4.5x XP, Harvesting, Taming, 4x Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
    • ARKPocalypse: 5x XP, Harvesting, Taming, and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
    • Conquest: 5x XP, Harvesting, Taming, and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus

Find more information about the Summer EVO Event here.

communitycorner.png

Fan Art Gallery | Screenshot GalleryArtist Feedback Form

communitystories_.png

Khal Alastor -Dusk-#8673

I remember joining a friend's server for the first time, they had dragon mods and a cool map to look at so they invited me to check it out.  I spawned in and immediately got harassed by a pegomastix as I was trying to gather resources... I punched this pego in the face and it had tamed instantly! I stood there shocked at what had just happened while my friends were laughing so hard about it all... To this day we all laugh about it still! Funny thing is... Not long after.. I did it again! Who knew punching in the face would give you a friend or two

StylishGoldFish#5205

so im level 50 right, so I was exploring around my base with my ptera and found a male 145 rex terrorizing the local herbivores around 300-500 meters away from my base, so i was worried that if it continues it would stumble its way to my base so I took 2 cross bows and 130 tranq arrows and set out to tame the mf before it shits on me and my base or at least lead it farther away

well I was prepared to die, but uhhhh turns out the rex fell unconsious and Im taming it up rn

now wth am I supposed to do with this thing, I cant even ride it till level 72 😭😭

clipsvideos.png

Creator: Kiddas
    Kiddas tells us about Ark: Survival Evolved, as well as a quick beginners guide for anyone who is new to this jurassic world.

Creator: Chaotic Gaming
    Chaotic Gaming has put together this in-depth guide full of everything you need to know about breeding and then some!

Creator: JonahBirch

fanart_2.png

Gacha by @bonten_ARK

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_323_Gacha_1920

Recent Work for @SyntacYT (Render) by @imagni_

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_323_Recent_Wor

These two meet again by @VELUKO1

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_323_These_two_

Dinosaur Skin by @ebiflyyyy4

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_323_Dinosaur_S

Fjordhawk by @falco_luna

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_323_Fjordhawk_

Reaper by @falco_luna

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_323_Reaper_192

Dodo Hug by @HallOfFlameSs1

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_323_Dodo_Hug_1

Rock drake by WhiteSkally

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_323_Rock_drake

Shadow Titan by redpandarepublic#1929

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_323_Shadow_Tit

Managarmr Emote by Slither06#0066

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_323_Managarmr_

Argentavis by Rasvim1313#2269

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_323_Argentavis

screen.png

@byragnart

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_323_Love_time_

Silke#5949

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_323_Bjargborg_

@DmC_Mario

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_323_Untitled_1

jim_bo#0395

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_323_Sheila_192

DragonHeart#6424

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_323_Sabertooth

See you next week!
    Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
    Discord: discord.com/invite/playark
    Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
    Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
    Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
    Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
    Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark
    Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
    Official Wiki: ark.wiki.gg

View full article

So... I was wondering if the awesome team at Wildcard had any information as to a possible ETA of the Charcharodontosaurus being added? It's got to be my most anticipating dino to be added right behind seeing the Rock Drake Reveal for Abberations Trailer, yall probably won't respond but this dino is the closest thing I'll ever get as an xbox player to the Ark Additions Acro and it would relieve me and probly others if we had any info as to a possible release? Or atleast any Community Crunch relating to it to keep us hungry for its arrival?

• Like 2

Can you please fix dinos despawning/not spawning on Fjordur 1918? We are a week into an event with no way to gather meat to raise babies, and no dinos to tame for event colors. Not to mention half of the dinos that are spawning despawn during taming. This event is a flop. Should be extended after fixed. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, QueenAahlyia798 said:

Can you please fix dinos despawning/not spawning on Fjordur 1918? We are a week into an event with no way to gather meat to raise babies, and no dinos to tame for event colors. Not to mention half of the dinos that are spawning despawn during taming. This event is a flop. Should be extended after fixed. 

All Fjordur servers are same, but they dont seem to care.

• Like 2

Just a minor thought: Are the huge number of Alpha's eating the dino's before we can get to them?
    Still does not explains why a velonasour just despawns when nearly tranqued or why fish just pops out of the water to die.
    And I'm not even starting on the rubberbanding and teleport/moonwalk abilities of Alpha Raptors, or the +500ms latency for attacking, mountin/dismounting and some more serious UI response issues that got (again) worse.

I was used (annoyed but used) to the delayed response of the last input when those 15 second minibreaks happened, but at this moment it turned into a series of delayed commands or minibreaks, making you mount and dismount faster than the imputs normaly register when the game picks up again.

Please: give us some prospects about future improvements.

@Cedric: Dear community manager, can you please manage our expectations? Just a little more communication would realy help to manage our expectations and reduce the frustration. Half the event is gone now and I never had such a [selfcencored] hard time managing meatruns or finding tames. The only thing we don't lack are berries, wood, stone and metal.

3 hours ago, DarkFoxxious said:

If there is a moderator reading this can we have an ETA on spawn fix? Fjordur 1937 PS4 spawns have been dead for a week, only time there are dinos are around 2 to 6 am AEST and dinos are constantly despawning halfway through taming.

I'm sure moderators are reading. Just wish Wildcard management would do, too.

2 hours ago, MMaas said:

I'm sure moderators are reading. Just wish Wildcard management would do, too.

such a shame to see a rare creature walking the map.....and believe me any creature including dodos are rare right now, and watch it despawn in front of your eyes within minutes of you starting to tame it...............

Edited by MibsXX
    • Sad 1

• Volunteer Moderator
    10 hours ago, DarkFoxxious said:

If there is a moderator reading this can we have an ETA on spawn fix? Fjordur 1937 PS4 spawns have been dead for a week, only time there are dinos are around 2 to 6 am AEST and dinos are constantly despawning halfway through taming.

We are always reading. But we don't control anything happening in-game.

• Volunteer Moderator
    8 minutes ago, MMaas said:

Most of us realize that. Is there any way you guys can push the staff to be slightly more interactive with their users?
    The situation as it is now is realy a new level of low.

Ced has been Tweeting about this issue over the last few days. They are fully aware of it. There's nothing us mods can do.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Brie1214 said:

Day 10 of barely ANYTHING spawning on Fjordur! 10 Days of an event wasted! No Dinos to do meat runs to raise babies. No wyverns to get milk from. No event dinos to tame during the event. Do you people read what your community reports to you? 10 days have gone by and nothing has been done. 

Kinda weird that official servers have such issues, my own unofficial has stuff spawning fine.

11 hours ago, TheSlayerNL said:

Kinda weird that official servers have such issues, my own unofficial has stuff spawning fine.

Unofficials aren't as intrinsically tied to the whims of wildcard and the questionable skills of their code monkeys. Unless it's something truly game breaking a lot of issues that can happen on unofficial can be solved by the owner of the server