Have you ever had a poofed pet suddenly reappear?

Cowgirl

A few weeks ago around the time Fjord rolled out (I cant remember if it was right before or right after, I think it was after) one of my servers went down for like 2 days, maybe 3. When it came back up my tribey couldnt unpod her bulbdogs or her voidwoms. Then a few days ago I realized that my bulbdog that I keep in the middle of my base was gone. I looked everywhere and I could have swore I remember seeing it AFTER that happened but there was nothing in the log or anything. So I am assuming he poofed. So I have mostly resigned myself to his being gone, even made a grave marker for him in my cemerary but I just wanted to know if anyone ever had one reappear.

1 hour ago, wizard03 said:

Iv "lost" one, as in never knew where it was and couldn't find it, then one day I found it at 50, 50. Which was weird as Iv never been there before, but apparently that was a thing back in the day. Of course with that said, I just lost a Thylacoleo without any notification, tribe log, or dead package to pick up. o.O

Oof, I will check 50, 50 for my bulbdog. I know it used to happen occasionally, you could find tons of Q eggs there too. It was crazy. Thanks for the tip!

10 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

A few weeks ago around the time Fjord rolled out (I cant remember if it was right before or right after, I think it was after) one of my servers went down for like 2 days, maybe 3. When it came back up my tribey couldnt unpod her bulbdogs or her voidwoms. Then a few days ago I realized that my bulbdog that I keep in the middle of my base was gone. I looked everywhere and I could have swore I remember seeing it AFTER that happened but there was nothing in the log or anything. So I am assuming he poofed. So I have mostly resigned myself to his being gone, even made a grave marker for him in my cemerary but I just wanted to know if anyone ever had one reappear.

I used to lose & find animals on a regular basis, but that was before WildCard started adding measures to prevent people from taking advantage of mesh issues. Nowadays when they get lost they're more often truly gone. If an animal just disappears and there's nothing in the log about it then chances are it was destroyed by the anti-meshing system.

Having said that, depending on what aggression setting you use it could easily have run/chased/fled somewhere nearby. What I usually do is fly around in a grid pattern whistling "All Follow". As long as it's set to "Heed Group Whistles" they'll eventually come out of whatever hiding place they've found and start following. Of course, this might not be an option in your base since you probably have a bunch of animals that will start following you, not exactly helpful.

If it doesn't say it has died in your tribe log, then there's every chance you'll find it again. Using 'h' will put a green arrow over all ur dinos heads which can help if it's gone into the mesh or inside a foundation. Apart from that flying around using whistle 'all follow' and ask others to keep an eye out is all u can do really. I've found many over the years after giving up, it's worth trying.

17 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

Are you sure its not possesed by anything evil and it is returned from hell?

On 7/9/2022 at 1:24 AM, Pipinghot said:

I used to lose & find animals on a regular basis, but that was before WildCard started adding measures to prevent people from taking advantage of mesh issues. Nowadays when they get lost they're more often truly gone. If an animal just disappears and there's nothing in the log about it then chances are it was destroyed by the anti-meshing system.

Having said that, depending on what aggression setting you use it could easily have run/chased/fled somewhere nearby. What I usually do is fly around in a grid pattern whistling "All Follow". As long as it's set to "Heed Group Whistles" they'll eventually come out of whatever hiding place they've found and start following. Of course, this might not be an option in your base since you probably have a bunch of animals that will start following you, not exactly helpful.

He was in the very center of my base so I dont think he wandered off. 

On 7/9/2022 at 5:52 AM, Luizza said:

If it doesn't say it has died in your tribe log, then there's every chance you'll find it again. Using 'h' will put a green arrow over all ur dinos heads which can help if it's gone into the mesh or inside a foundation. Apart from that flying around using whistle 'all follow' and ask others to keep an eye out is all u can do really. I've found many over the years after giving up, it's worth trying.

I had him on ignore grup cause I didnt want him accidentally getting tossed off after being whistled to follow and disappearing 😬

On 7/10/2022 at 7:14 PM, Cowgirl said:

I dont think so!

Sometimes leashes drag around animals. Eg. They are linked to one leash but if not properly released from that leash, they can be dragged around by it. Even when later linked to another leash, they look like they are linked to the new leash, but really they arent. Maybe something like that happened...

43 minutes ago, SunsetErosion said:

Sometimes leashes drag around animals. Eg. They are linked to one leash but if not properly released from that leash, they can be dragged around by it. Even when later linked to another leash, they look like they are linked to the new leash, but really they arent. Maybe something like that happened...

Hmm he might have been linked to a leash but I dont think so. if he was it was just one, and I flew around my base at night looking for his light and bubble effect and didnt see it.

Archived