NO-BUILD Gen2 Official-PVE servers so we can complete the missions and ascend.

Destrian

Suggestion

Genesis2 is becoming a very popular map on Official-PVE servers, where more and more players are moving in due to the advantages of the map.

This leads to extremely laggy servers and bases everywhere which makes certain missions extremely hard to deal with, and Alpha Gen2 ascension is pretty much impossible to achieve. The fact that everyone in the tribe has to complete all the missions to ascend makes matters even worse.

The paths of the 'Hunt' missions end up being blocked by PVE bases half of the time. This forces you to cancel the mission.

Some of the races are impossible to beat due to the long server saves every 15m. For example, if there is a server save and you are doing 'Star Dolphin' you will most likely either die instantly or get kicked out of the server. And since this mission takes a long time to complete, it's almost guaranteed that you will hit a server save and fail the mission. And don't get me started on the Canoe mission...

The mission required times for Alpha difficulty were probably designed on a Singleplayer server with 0 ping and 0 lag and that was a huge mistake by the developers. 
Because that is not the case for multiplayer where any server with a bit of population will become laggy and make these missions pretty much unbeatable. Specially on PVE servers.

So I see a very easy solution for this:

NO BUILD OFFICIAL PVE GEN2 SERVERS

I'm pretty sure huge base buildings are the main reason why the servers become so laggy. That is why Scorched Earth servers run so smoothly, even on official.

If we already have Free Build GEN1 servers, why wouldn't we have this?

We only need 1-2 of these servers per region (EU - NA - OCE) and we can easily transfer, do all of our Alpha missions there so we can ascend or farm hexagons and go back to our home servers.

1 reply to this server topic

Awesome idea, don't know why nobody has suggested this yet.

Maybe small amount of building so u can place down a vault for ur gear, etc, maybe on 3 hr timer or something and limited to maybe a few placements on the whole server. Altho i guess ppl can upload anything they want to store on only a temp basis. Would hate to see an awesome giga on those servers and not be able to put up a trap ... v short timer would solve any mess caused by traps too.

Anyway, great idea.

Archived