We are excited for ARK 2 and have high hopes for it, but many wait with bated breath.

Please read this for consideration and debate:

I played ARK since release, after a few months my wife of 20+years who had always refused to play games was enticed by watching me play ARK, especially the taming and breeding. I turned her into a gamer using ARK as a steppingstone. She has played many different games now but still only has LOVE for ARK and we would grow old playing it...       IF NOT FOR THIS:

HEAR OUR PAIN....

As a husband-and-wife duo we have been daily marathon players for years straight and then casual players after returning from frustration quits. We finally quit for good, we still frequently get the urge, no the calling to come back, but knowing that nothing is different we don't even log on. 

It is utterly deflating to deal continually get wiped, eventually. Defending against big tribes, alpha tribes or even a motivated small tribe eventually it always ends in tragedy, especially when for whatever reason you're on someone's radar or hitlist; they will make it their goal in life to seek and eradicate you anywhere on the cluster. It is also deflating dealing with players/tribes/alphas who control artifacts or try to prevent "unauthorized" boss fights if you manage to fight your way to an artifact or find people to give access or trade artifacts. These game Nazis make it impossible for game progression even if your tribe survives.

We are no strangers to the tricks of the trade, and we have tried many things: big tribes, small tribes, mature tribes, mods, offline raid protection, hiding like a rat, secret hidden start over stashes and even alphas over the years; we've been in long term tribes full of great people; but at some point, immaturity, defections, insiders, internal politics, toxicity and even real-life intra-tribe dating burns it to the ground and ends in soul-crushing tragedy with us standing on the beach naked with no possessions, not even the clothes on our backs.

We got tired of spending months/years building bases, gear, dino breed lines etc. just to start over or to find a new cluster and start over. PVE gets boring quickly, PVP is lots of fun but not when it costs you everything, months of grinding and your sanity. So, we stopped playing, our kids loved it also but lost interest for the same reasons. We know many other people including other couples we talked into playing that feel the same way; others quit because they can't always log on due to work, vacations, families and life in general and continually lose everything due to decay. 

Obviously, lots of people love it how it is and that's great but include a game mode for those that find PVE boring and sick of PVP that becomes unplayable.

PVP hard core players love to shut down the idea of a middle-ground game mode/type, citing things like the PVP player base will be diluted by adding another PVP game type. Legions of people quitting all together is way more devastating to the player base, especially considering the masses of casual PVP players that get ravaged and will never hang around long enough to gain experience, knowledge and skills. Surely the tracking numbers show the rate of attrition for PVP and the majority bailing on PVE after a moderate time period.

Maybe it's a lot of whining and griping but these are realistic reasons the player base has shrunk and doesn't replenish. Servers are largely ghost towns, a timebomb to getting erased or toxic hell holes where even beach bobs get tormented. 

THIS POST MIGHT NOT GET MUCH AGREEMENT, BUT THATS BECAUSE THE LEGIONS THAT QUIT DON'T LOOK AT THE FORUMS ANYMORE

We want to love ARK again! Give us the tools to love ARK 2!

HIGH HOPES FOR ARK 2

HEAR OUR PLEA !!!   A SIMPLE ADDITION

Below are some suggestions that attempt to solve the problem of getting utterly wiped out due to the myriad of reasons listed, including unreasonable decay timers. Obviously decay timers are vital to unclutter the servers and other reasons but the repeated decay of possessions also causes casual players to quit. Some people just can't feasibly get on regularly enough due to work, family, vacation or the multitude of demands of life resulting in decay wipe of prized possessions. Losing structures is one thing but the valuable rarities and possessions is too time consuming to keep grinding and repeating.

A SIMPLE ADDITION OF ONE OR A COMBINATION OF THE FOLLOWING:

* Our favorite; a community town where you could own an apartment or build a small personal house/property with limited crafting and storage. 

* A game mode similar to 'PVE conflict' in Conan Exiles. A base that can't be damaged. Or has very limited things or scenarios that damage. 

* One main base on one map in the cluster that can't be damaged, and all other structures are fair game. 

* A small safe area somewhere in your base that's un-wipeable

* A bank for limited items that lasts a very long time (no decay)

* A no fight/no grief zone where you could store a few of everything

You are totally right. The majority of pvp players have quit and no longer engage but would be willing to come back. The pvp was way better when pve and pvp type players were mixed. Now your base gets evaporated by 1 c4 or an artho. They've tried to cater the game to people who like fortnite style of PvP. The beauty of Ark has always been a mix of PvE and PvP and tribe politics, but no one even talks anymore lol. These days people track whether you are online or not by using battlemetrics and EOS (eye of Sauron) bots that they pay for. Server transfers incentivizes and rewards people for owning and spamming off an entire server. Imagine wildcard paying and hosting for a server for one tribe lol. Ark 2 will die quick if the pvp landscape is similar at all.

Also beginner servers are a stark contrast with the best pvp left in the game with a level cap of 44 and are some of the highest pop servers for a while after they wipe, besides the fact that of course, it's full of a huge cheating tribe that aimbots/desync hacks, speed hacks, ESPs, etc.

• Greystoke changed the title to ARK 2 - Legions who quit would love to return with THIS NEW GAME TYPE
9 hours ago, UltimatePowa said:

Tried playing on the Offline Raid Protection servers, and while the game type is FAR better, currently the Alpha tribes are trying to wipe everyone they can because its way too populated.

Yeah I used to love the ORP cluster but once you start paying attention you'll notice that nearly EVERY cave is ORP abused with an alt account gate blocking it. I've reported many but it seems enforcement doesn't act because I don't include the tribe that's living inside the cave. How are you supposed to know who lives behind an ORP gate though lol. Also cave building in the main game is already OP and on ORP there's no chance the big tribes are ever getting close to wiped before they just log off. I hope they go with raid times for Ark 2 as they aren't perfect, but they are a lot better and they can't be abused so much.

1 hour ago, Tylanater said:

Yeah I used to love the ORP cluster but once you start paying attention you'll notice that nearly EVERY cave is ORP abused with an alt account gate blocking it. I've reported many but it seems enforcement doesn't act because I don't include the tribe that's living inside the cave. How are you supposed to know who lives behind an ORP gate though lol. Also cave building in the main game is already OP and on ORP there's no chance the big tribes are ever getting close to wiped before they just log off. I hope they go with raid times for Ark 2 as they aren't perfect, but they are a lot better and they can't be abused so much.

I think it should be a hybrid myself.
Raid Timers are a bit too much for smaller Tribes and Solo Players, so the larger Tribes, lets say more than 5 people, are forced to have Raid Timers.
Smaller Tribes can ORP.
Any small Tribe that has ORP enabled instead of Raid Timers though is restricted from building in caves.
Thus, the ORP can't be abused by larger Tribes with an alt account.
Or any Tribe for that matter.

Archived