NO dinos spawning on Fjordur again!

Wraigar

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/2/2022 at 8:47 PM, Yggdrassil said:

They will be empty most of the event because 50 tribes called ''tribe of [][][]'' has 400 babies out and has capped the server dino limit so nothing new spawns. Always happens so unfortunately if taming is what you want, you will need to go to an older map.

Ok tell me how you could be so sure?

On 7/3/2022 at 7:23 AM, GrumpyBear said:

use a chainsaw and increase the meat u get per dead body.

And i did meat runs last night and found stuff to kill, people are just too lazy to port around the map and look.

Last night I tamed a 150 argent, 145 doed, 150 anky w/ event colors, and a 150 gasbag .   We almost had a 150 fjordhawk but it went and disappeared into thin air, after that the game respawned a 95 and some lvl 15s right away to replace that first pack that disappeared. All during the event and all while people on the server in global were complaining about no mobs.   And yet somehow we couldn't' stop running into 150s by our base...

Maybe ask all the newbie tribes on your servers to stop putting down foundations and ceilings to block off space.  I know that's a huge issue on our server, my bet is it's an issue on all the servers.

I would pose one other possibility,  bigger maps doesn't equal more mobs.  It just means the same # of mobs spread out over a larger space.  That being said, way less mobs on this map than on crystal isles.   Gentwo has no shortage of mobs all over the place.  COuld the alphas spawning all over the place killing everything have something to do with the lack of normal dinos.   I know aberrant ankys and shinehorns were two of the most difficult things to find on aberration because of all the predators killing them.   

But then none of that explains why we can go into the magma cave repeatedly in a day, harvest element safely because there are no magmas showing up. Or is that because none are surviving 70/70 players clearing it out every 2min?

It was because you stay awake when there are less population. My server will be better if I stay awake at about 3am or so local time. The theory "bigger maps doesnt equal more mobs" doesnt really explain anything, we have far more big maps that have no such issue before. We wil have less population during event due to more people active and slaughtering eveything, but not like this map.

Also the ones who placed pillars are not "newbie tribes". They are either protecting some important spawn, or just an ass. No way they are being newbie.

6 hours ago, BaraPawaka said:

It was because you stay awake when there are less population. My server will be better if I stay awake at about 3am or so local time. The theory "bigger maps doesnt equal more mobs" doesnt really explain anything, we have far more big maps that have no such issue before. We wil have less population during event due to more people active and slaughtering eveything, but not like this map.

Also the ones who placed pillars are not "newbie tribes". They are either protecting some important spawn, or just an ass. No way they are being newbie.

blocking off space and killing spawns are not exactly the same.  You can tell who is new and who is old based on their choices for blocking off space.  Some people see others doing it so they rush to do it themselves for themselves.  We have 4 tribes who all tried to move into the same area and they all learned a valuable lesson on claiming area as soon as they all tried to put up their walls.  None of them could.  Because htey all moved in too close to each other.

People who put out double foundations over a large area, kill all the spawns - wildlife and materials are most likely newbies.   People who use ceilings on top of pillars also kill the spawns in the area, wildlife and materials, are most likely newbies.

People who have been playing a long time know this and don't do that to others when they claim space.  They use fence foundations and pillars or pillars and ladders to reduce the impact they will have on the land around them.  New players havent learned this fact yet, hence why it's fair to call them new.  IF they are not new and do this sort of thing, then they are griefers who know exactly what they are doing.

The populations of wilds has improved, you should have less complaints now at this point.  WIld spawn rates has been a problem upon the launch of almost every map, this is a normal part of the process.  It takes a few weeks for it to be sorted out.   The fact remained, all people had to do was move around the map and look.  When one nest had no wyverns in it, other ones did.  I found poison , lightning, and ice wyverns when 2 people were complaining about no fire wyverns.   I personally just listened to who complained about what areas were empty, so I tried Asgard and other places and found plenty of 150s to tame.  People were doing the work for me , I just had to listen and use the info to get what I needed done.  People should try that more for themselves.

Hey, 

The dino spawn is crushed on server 1877 fjordur.

In the see are to many alpha's.... Also not many normal dinos. the magma cave, the wyvern caves all empty... Pls try to fix, we have event and every server reset will work a half day and than same again.

Ty in the name of all players from 1877

Pink panthers

5 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

I personally just listened to who complained about what areas were empty, so I tried Asgard and other places and found plenty of 150s to tame.  People were doing the work for me , I just had to listen and use the info to get what I needed done.  People should try that more for themselves.

Your attempt to be reasonable comes off as smarmy and uninformed.  I've flown the maps in the evening and literally see a handful of creatures across entire zones.  I'm not blind.  I'm not dumb.  I know where to look...  I've played since legacy and understand the difference between a new map and an old map, 70 people vs 6 people, and yada yada yada.

Creatures I'm taming have disappeared right in front of me.  They've also spawned from the dirt.  There is a difference between the casual "maybe I flew back to the wrong spot" and "wow, I saw 30 dinos between my house and here, and now they're gone!?!"  Something is broken.  It's not anyone's imagination or laziness.

Fjordur server EU 1855 is completely broken. Lots of spawn blockers, no dinos spawning, dinos just disappear randomly.  Cant even do a meat run. Studio Wildcard.... im more than disappointed in you guys.  You know i used to back you up and when your servers had issues FIVE YEARS AGO i told everyone i played with that was talking crap about the game to just let the programmers fix the bugs and then it would be playable.. well here we are years later and even after the latest "update" nothing is getting done. Payhetic. Genuinely played this game for years but im setting it down now. And i wont be buying Ark 2. Lost this customer. DO YOUR JOBS! 

dev has been back for a week with no progress or posted info on this issue (that i can find). finger pointing and workarounds in full play now. pillars everywhere. MASSIVE holding areas for dinos. bonus feature, lag, lag, lag.  

all official servers are pillar'ed so no way to bail on Fjordul. Starting a private server is a waste if you only have a small group, opening it up to public puts the private server in the same situation that the official servers are in....just playing a local server is about the only option these days. 

Sadly this thread has been hidden down in the mod section, however it really is a overall state-of-the-game issue. 

Fjordul is a nice map, wish it would have not broken the game....

Disclaimer-Official PVE server is being referenced, if you are private server this likely doesn't affect you.

Yesterday the dinos came back. Was a good population of all dinos everywhere, as if someone pressed the "force dinos to spawn button". Then I watched as they slowly all disappeared through the day. Not from being killed or tamed, they would literally vanish into the void, Thanos snapped out of existence. Today there are no dinos in the world again, the whole place is empty everywhere you go other than the occasional Alpha Raptor. Can't get any meat for troughs at all, resorting the killing my tribemate to get meat from their body. Someone needs to hit the spawn button like twice a day and they we will be good until a real fix is found.

On 7/10/2022 at 4:59 PM, Texmechs said:

Your attempt to be reasonable comes off as smarmy and uninformed.  I've flown the maps in the evening and literally see a handful of creatures across entire zones.  I'm not blind.  I'm not dumb.  I know where to look...  I've played since legacy and understand the difference between a new map and an old map, 70 people vs 6 people, and yada yada yada.

Creatures I'm taming have disappeared right in front of me.  They've also spawned from the dirt.  There is a difference between the casual "maybe I flew back to the wrong spot" and "wow, I saw 30 dinos between my house and here, and now they're gone!?!"  Something is broken.  It's not anyone's imagination or laziness.

I've been seeing the disappearing thing , but I would suggest there's possibly more than 1 reason for it.   

I was just chasing down an alpha raptor that had run into a lake.  It ran away from the spot i was engaging with it, it went way deep and then disappeared.  Then I saw it on the other side of the lake, out of the water already.  There was no way it could have done that in the time that elapsed.  What might be happening is what happens to us sometimes on this map.  The map seems to like to randomly teleport players and or wilds when it sees them as in the mesh.   I had a bat pick me up in a cave and i was suddenly back on the beach where i ported in to the volcano area.  Nowhere near the cave.  There's also several other spots on the map that I can fly into and as soon as i dismount in the spot, the game spits me out 30+ walls above where I was on a cliff that's above that area.

You combine that with the fact that some tames will be decaying from lack of engagement, and they disappear when they leave your render, and add in people sweeping an area right after you have swept it, alphas killing everything in sight..... i would say that all these things can be contributing to any further on going issues we are having.  But could dinos just be up and disappearing still for no reason, I don't know that answer.  I just know all these things above, I have seen happen so far.   

As far as the wild life populations being sparse, they aren't better yet for your server?  On ours, we have no problems with volume of wilds at this point on pve official pc.

I've had stuff despawn while I was in the middle of tranqing it. The going out of render and it despawns is one issue; dinos actually despawning that you're interacting with is an entirely new ballgame of screwups.

Im glad the event will be extended but until the lack of spawns is addressed, its a moot point..

On 7/1/2022 at 12:23 PM, Griffin998 said:

That's so ironic...The first time I started Fjordur, I got killed by a lvl 135 R-giga that was wandering around the easy zone for...whatever reason. It wasn't even a server-just pure PvE singleplayer.

Reminds me of my welcome to Center when it first came out. Spawned as a new character.... Look left, look right, ALPHA CARNO !!!! dead...

So since the "fix" patch Friday 7/15:

• First few hours were fine with spawns. Like any patch/downtime. Less then 24 hours later the next day: Spawns are still like they were: sparse.
  • Lag seems worse then it was before. Harkens back to the early release of Ark when I'd run in the base only to be back outside running back in the base. Like the Groundhog Day movie.
  • Dinos still "vanishing" if going out of render. I shouldnt move a few feet away from a spawn to have it completely gone when I turn back around to it.

• Mik3Schneckal changed the title to Server 1877 fjordur dino spawn damaged again

Archived