Multiple (3) machines, on one network, not pushing to public.

Hi,
I originally posted this in the Ark Discord channel today, but think it will be quickly lost within the chatting.

I am reaching out to the Ark community.. particularly those who know about networking.

I have scoured for something with clear directions but have fallen short on this issue...

I have been trying (over several years) to get multiple machines, running ONE instance of an Ark server on each, to push out publicly, from our house network. The boxes have 8G ram , hence only running once instance of Ark server on each box.

I can, with no problems, get the initial server out, with 7777, 7778, 27015, 27020 ports for public access. 
But anything beyond that, people CANNOT join... throughout our troubleshooting and trying different things, external players can either see in steam server browser, or, see in Ark game browser.. they have tried joining via direct join and via Ark game list... it either times out, or instantly says cannot connect.

- I have opened all pertinent inbound firewall rules on each machine. (7777-7782 27015-27017 udp tcp etc)
- Each machine has a static IP address.
- I do not have access to the router, as its a Cisco Enterprise and requires PuTTy to access (don't ask, not my call), this means my partner is opening/adding the ports... which requires a string such as:

ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.1.44 7777 interface Dialer0 7777   
(this is one of the calls that worked on the initial server, people can see and join this server)

For the two other machines, running Ark servers 2 & 3, I have increased the Server port, Peer port, Query Port and Rcon Port in the two .ini setting as follows:

machine2: 7779, 7780, 27016, 27021
machine3: 7781, 7782, 27017, 27022

Should the router calls be:
ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.1.45 7777 interface Dialer0 7781 
ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.1.45 27015 interface Dialer0 27017       ...etc?

Does anyone know the correct set of calls to get the other machines and servers pushing out to public correctly, or if there is something I have overlooked somehow?

Many thanks for any help.

Scenario 2 is similar to what you're doing https://www.networkstraining.com/cisco-router-port-forwarding-configuration/#:~:text=Port Forwarding is based on,assigned to an internal server.  The example is port-forwarding for a mail server (SMTP).

Your servers (machines 1,2,3) would each need their own IP address.

You then port-forward 7779, 7780, 27016 (as UDP) to the 192.168.x.x IP address of machine 2.
and 7781, 7782, 27017 to the 192.168.x.x to the IP address of machine 3.

Do you really want RCON to be available from the internet?  If you do, then the RCON ports need to be forwarded as TCP.

Also check that you've allowed the Ark server software through the firewall on all three machines.

Thank you very much for the response 🙏   (sorry for my tardy one, have been unwell).

I was asking more about the precise router code/line, wasn't sure if something amiss there.

My partner tried a few different combinations of router input variations... external players couldn't join on any instance.

I have EVERY port opened in firewall exception, that I could think of, to ensure nothing was hindering access ... Overkill ports (imgur link) 

Would like to clarify, if I can... on machine 3 do I call,  for example 7781... or 7777 , within the actual ARK config .ini  ?

• 2 weeks later...

Right so I'm having trouble 100% following where you think your issue is so I'm just going to try and go through all of it in the hopes it helps.

Firstly each ark server will need unique ports for it and only it so if you have Server 1 running on 7777 (and whatever the default query and rcon ports are) no other Server should be using 7777 (or the query or rcon ports) at all.

To assign the ports to the server I put it in the .bat file that starts the server, so mine looks something like this:

start ShooterGameServer.exe Extinction?OverrideOfficialDifficulty=7.0?MapPlayerLocation=true?RCONEnabled=True?RCONPort=28027?ServerAdminPassword=<redacted for privacy>?Port=27025?QueryPort=27026?listen?MaxPlayers=15?AllowAnyoneBabyImprintCuddle=true?CrossARKAllowForeignDinoDownloads=false?PreventOfflinePvP=true?PreventOfflinePvPInterval=900?DestroyUnconnectedWaterPipes=true?AllowRaidDinoFeeding=true?PreventTribeAlliances=false?PreventDownloadSurvivors=False?PreventDownloadItems=False?PreventDownloadDinos=False -crossplay -automanagedmods -ServerAllowAnsel -activeevent=summer -NoTransferFromFiltering -servergamelog -structurememopts -clusterid=ArkCluster880 -ClusterDirOverride=C:\Ark_Servers

with the key bits being:

RCONPort=28027
Port=27025
QueryPort=27026

Finally (and this is the bit I'm just taking an educated guess) to port forward these in your router assuming this is the correct format
"ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.1.44 7777 interface Dialer0 7777"

Then you need to do this for each machine
"ip nat inside source static tcp [ip address of machine] [port] interface Dialer0 [port]"

Again I don't know exactly how your port forwarding works but the main thing is you don't forward the ports to every machine just to the machine running the server so 7777 will go to 1 machine only.

Here's a screenshot of my port forwarding just in case it helps (just note that I do have multiple server running on 1 machine and some of the ports are grouped).

image.thumb.png.24d28bd852b9997027c3800a4046cc90.png

Archived