help Alpha Rex Suggestions

aliqatar

there’s a level 40ish alpha rex near me and my friends base, we don’t have any good tames to kill it but we are thinking about shooting it with a ton of longneck or assault rifle bullets or maybe even a ballista turret.

we just started playing a few days ago and we have only killed alpha raptors so we don’t know what we should do, we know it has a ton of health but don’t know the best way of killing it

5 hours ago, aliqatar said:

there’s a level 40ish alpha rex near me and my friends base, we don’t have any good tames to kill it but we are thinking about shooting it with a ton of longneck or assault rifle bullets or maybe even a ballista turret.

we just started playing a few days ago and we have only killed alpha raptors so we don’t know what we should do, we know it has a ton of health but don’t know the best way of killing it

Trap it!

Build a stone trap, lure it in, heck kill it with sling shots just for the lolz

Whatever you do tho, just make sure its in the trap. Then, go for what you think is best.

11 hours ago, aliqatar said:

It's extremely hard to kill alpha rexes until you get some top tier tames, like a giga for example, and good luck killing a Lvl 40. No matter how many bolts or bullets you use it will almost certainly find other animals to kill & eat, and they heal insanely fast whenever they eat things. Killing alpha raptors and alpha carnos is easy compared to a rex.

If you just started playing a few days ago then don't waste your time trying to kill it, the best thing you can do is lure it away from your base - preferably out into the ocean far from land where it can drown.

1- Have a flyer with good stamina.

2- Pick up a tasty prey animal, ovis, parasaur, dodo, you name it (don't use a carnivore or anything aggressive like a pegomastax).

3- Carry the carnivore near the alpha until it notices you. Make sure you fly far enough above its head that it will follow you but can't hit you or your cargo.

If there are other animals nearby it might break away from you to go kill & eat something else, but if you're patient and smart you can eventually make sure that the only thing good to eat in the area is the prey animal you're carrying, then the rex will belong to you.

4- If you're flying a pteranodon don't use sprint, they don't have enough stamina for this, just use normal flying speed and be patient. If you're using an argy then most of them will have enough stamina you can do what you want as long as you pay attention to your stamina bar.

5- If you're not near the ocean then find the best place to lead it away from your base, ideally over a cliff where it will become distracted by animals down below when it lands.

6- If you are near the ocean then fly out and lead it into deep water, make sure you go fairly far from land so that an animal on the beach doesn't lure it back out of the water.

7- Once you have flown out far enough, drop the prey animal into the water. While the rex is attacking the animal in the water fly straight up a good distance, almost far enough that you lose sight of the rex.

8- Now fly back to land.

As soon as there isn't anything near the rex to make it pay attention it will start to sink below the water, eventually they'll lose oxygen and die.

This works on any aggressive carnivore, any time you need to get something away from your base you can lure them using a flyer carrying a prey animal, works like a charm.

18 hours ago, aliqatar said:

using weapon on alphas is a waste of time.
If you have limited resources, it's possible to kill it with a decent tamed argi. I have done it on official servers. You have to watch carefully your stamina and not land close to it during the fight.
The easiest way is obviously having a giga.

Grapple hook + shotty, if you only have prim shottys then you might need a few but once you're grappled to it's back it can't hit you, the biggest danger is other carnivores in the area that might aggro onto you so clear them first, also don't accidentally press C or whatever the button is on console that breaks the grapple like I did here as it'll more than likely end badly for you 😂

No sinamocrops? use any flyer and jump off in the air and use a parachute

Archived