Devs If You Want Ark 2 To Have A Healthy PvP Scene...

Tylanater

-No cave building. Bring back bases above ground + no blocking artifacts and vital resources (like element cave on Fjordur) that completely shuts out anyone else from being competitive

-No INI file editing for graphics. Totally ridiculous that this even exists in Ark 1.

-More strict enforcement. A tribe based game needs tribe based repercussions for cheaters. Enforcement on individuals is not sufficient and easily abused by tribes.

-No bases that get evaporated by 2 c4 and an artho.

-No spam. Obviously a tricky issue to solve, a lot of ways it could be tackled, but spam needs to go for game health and server health.

-Some form of raid times/ORP/Safe zones or some hybrid or new system to prevent offline raiding at 3am

-No infinite breeding that incentivizes people to play the game for RMT purposes.

-Optional but I think also important: Scheduled wipes for all official servers or at least a significant amount more. See beginner and arkpoc server population + success that Rust has from wiping.

• Volunteer Moderator

I agree with a lot of these personally but limiting INI file changes is kind of difficult and unfair to people who rely on changes to make their experience enjoyable. I would consider everyone involved not just pvp players. A better way to go about that is to enforce a ini setting for pvp servers only.

13 hours ago, 1david25 said:

I agree with a lot of these personally but limiting INI file changes is kind of difficult and unfair to people who rely on changes to make their experience enjoyable. I would consider everyone involved not just pvp players. A better way to go about that is to enforce a ini setting for pvp servers only.

Yeah, I mostly meant for official PvP servers. Currently people are making their game look like nintendo 64 so it's impossible to hide anything/be sneaky.

9 hours ago, Tylanater said:

I mean same but depends what you mean by that. Raiding at 3 am is catering to PvErs who don't want/are too scared  to PvP. No skill or pvp involved in offlining a base at 3am.

More loot if done offline. I never get loot from online raids since they despawn everything. And capturing them and making them watch us destroy their base is worse due to the emotional toll on them. Then again I hate people, so I enjoy making the people i raid feel that type of anguish . Since it's usually personal 

10 hours ago, MMaas said:

Define 3AM.
Official servers are global inspite the "NA", "EU" or "OC" in the name.

I'm not going to debate with you about what 3am technically means lol. Everyone knows it's the meta in ark. You wait until it's likely 3am for most of the server, check offline timers to see they havent been on for 3-5 hours (which you also should not be able to see), and then commence with your pve raid.

1 hour ago, Tylanater said:

I'm not going to debate with you about what 3am technically means lol. Everyone knows it's the meta in ark. You wait until it's likely 3am for most of the server, check offline timers to see they havent been on for 3-5 hours (which you also should not be able to see), and then commence with your pve raid.

I'm not realy active in PvP, the PvE ally I'm playing most in had an adventurous moment and done a bit in PvP for a month or so. Since it was a very international mix we could have someone online almost 24/7 if we wanted.

But we didn't and are all back to PvE ;)

54 minutes ago, Greystoke said:

I haven't played in a long time. What is this about a base getting evaporated with 2 c4 and an artho? Are we just talking about blowing the gate and acid washing everything or is there some sort of exploit going on?

Nah no exploit raiding is just too easy in general unless you are in one of the few OP cave spots in the game. They buffed c4 a while back and rates have been increased to be 4x default from the original game. so now the c4 does more damage and is 4x easier to farm and a wall still is just 10k hp. Also artho foundy wiping is cancer but it's needed because of spam which is why both need to go. Any like 2017 era base these days with hatchframe turrets around it etc will be 100% foundation wiped within 6 hours of going up most likely.

12 hours ago, Greystoke said:

I haven't played in a long time. What is this about a base getting evaporated with 2 c4 and an artho? Are we just talking about blowing the gate and acid washing everything or is there some sort of exploit going on?

one of my buddys still play official pvp and i watch him from time to time naver have i seen a artho people don't uses arthos anymore people are more likely to use c4 or meks

Archived