Help with breeding

Cooscar

Someone may have put points into the melee after taming......the only stats to transfer to children is the original stats after your first tame that creature. If you add more points into anything AFTER that creature is tamed, the stats will not be what is transferred to the children.

One of the most important things to do when your getting ready to try and breed for imprints or mutations, is to never level that creature up.
This way when they have kids later on, you can compare the stats of the parents to the kids to see if they have any mutations or if you got lucky and combined the best stats of one parent with another parent to make a perfect breeder baby for mutations or more dino's with those best stats.

1 hour ago, wizard03 said:

never level that creature up.

Yep! The base stats are all that matters. We're trying to make a dilo breeding line on Fjordur (we're still bobs living out of a thatch hut), but we started levelling the three parents beforehand, and then we decided to make a breeding line later...luckily, we're going for no muts, just an imprinted hunting pack, so it doesn't really matter.

Just now, Griffin998 said:

Yep! The base stats are all that matters. We're trying to make a dilo breeding line on Fjordur (we're still bobs living out of a thatch hut), but we started levelling the three parents beforehand, and then we decided to make a breeding line later...luckily, we're going for no muts, just an imprinted hunting pack, so it doesn't really matter.

Just started work on a thylo line myself. Got a 130 male and 145 female.....high level creatures are super easy to find. Perfects are still a bit rare tho.

if you're on a server that allows it, there are mods out there that will break down the stats and show you base stats at the time of the tame, and stats gained from leveling.  they can be quite helpful when you want to breed a dino you've put levels into.

can i ask a question about breeding without sidetracking the thread too much?

when you breed a mammal and their in their gestation period, can you put them in a cryopod without any ill effects?

1 hour ago, wizard03 said:

Just started work on a thylo line myself

Nice! What stats are you going for? Colors? I personally would go for maybe that glacial blue and white. Ooh, maybe a mate-boosted pair with one black and red, and one white and blue...Interesting...That would make a really nice contrast, sort of like a demon Thyla and an angel Thyla...Hm. That would probably be an interesting idea for Shadowmanes. 

Good luck with your Thylas, and Happy ARKing!

3 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Someone may have put points into the melee after taming......the only stats to transfer to children is the original stats after your first tame that creature. If you add more points into anything AFTER that creature is tamed, the stats will not be what is transferred to the children.

One of the most important things to do when your getting ready to try and breed for imprints or mutations, is to never level that creature up.
This way when they have kids later on, you can compare the stats of the parents to the kids to see if they have any mutations or if you got lucky and combined the best stats of one parent with another parent to make a perfect breeder baby for mutations or more dino's with those best stats.

No points were going into the parents. I'm the only one breeding so no one else would be messing with them.  

On 6/30/2022 at 1:16 PM, Griffin998 said:

Nice! What stats are you going for? Colors? I personally would go for maybe that glacial blue and white. Ooh, maybe a mate-boosted pair with one black and red, and one white and blue...Interesting...That would make a really nice contrast, sort of like a demon Thyla and an angel Thyla...Hm. That would probably be an interesting idea for Shadowmanes. 

Good luck with your Thylas, and Happy ARKing!

I was just worried about levels, nothing more than some muscle and health. After getting the imprint, I was right at 5k health, 450% melee...after a couple stones and alphas, my bad boy is at 15k health, and 1000% and then some, melee.....I just stomped a fire wyvern that decided to chase me into the volcano cave. Got a bit crispy, but nothing to really worry about. Thought about taking out a lava elemental, but seen it was a 140 and decided it was probably best to avoid it. Especially if I find out its tamable. {I actually don't know. XD} 

As for colors, I found a R thylo in the redwoods. Its colors is completely white except the eye's which is yellow. Sadly it seems to be the last thylo in the entire redwoods, I have not seen one since, but I decided to grab it since it was my first R variant. Im gonna call it Ghost cat.

On 6/30/2022 at 10:33 AM, Cooscar said:

Griffin998 both parents have the same atk stat at 448% or something. The only thing different between the two was had a higher stamina and the other had higher health which is why I was breeding them

You are avoiding finding a way to give us a picture of their stats.  There is a multitude of information we can tell just by seeing a picture.

I will link a picture I like because it has interesting details only a few people would catch right away.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Here we see a magma that is level 201.  We can tell it has never been leveled because it's experience is 724.9/10 meaning not 1 point has been spent yet.  We can tell these are all the base stats because, it is not imprinted.  Therefore the 20% bonus to health/food/weight/melee damage has not been applied as there is no imprint category.   The fact there is no imprint category tells us that this is a clone of an original generated by a GM.  We know this because all magmas are imprinted from hatching.  You can't tame one as an adult and have a wild tamed with no imprint.  Since this one was not grown from a hatchling, we can surmise that a GM replaced someone's lost magma.  They in turn made copies, which we can tell because in the name at the end it says [Clone].

You give us no picture, and all we can do is guess the circumstances you are under.  Even if everything checked out, it would give us more ideas on telling you what could be going wrong.

* The picture also has one surprising detail that some people who have had lost event dinos would be a little surprised about.  The magma is a solid cyan magma in every color zone.

On 6/30/2022 at 1:37 PM, Cooscar said:

No points were going into the parents. I'm the only one breeding so no one else would be messing with them.  

@GrumpyBearHas already explained that you're going to get better answers if you include pictures. Right now everyone is just throwing out wild guesses, if you don't include pictures then wild guesses are the best you're going to get.

22 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

@GrumpyBearHas already explained that you're going to get better answers if you include pictures. Right now everyone is just throwing out wild guesses, if you don't include pictures then wild guesses are the best you're going to get.

outside of using mods - If he's on single player or a private server, the only other thing I can think of w/out mods interfering would be a change to the dino taming effectiveness bonus in the settings before launching the game could lead to higher #s for the parent and a lower #s for the resulting babies.

If the OP really wanted to know the answer, they would put in as much effort as we do in solving their problem.

On 7/1/2022 at 3:08 PM, wizard03 said:

Especially if I find out its tamable. {I actually don't know. XD} 

They definitely are! You can use cannons or rocket launchers/turrets, but cannons would be best since they don't to explosion damage. Rockets can ruin the taming effectiveness by hitting with explosive damage after it's down. Just make sure to use metal for the trap, because I think they can damage stone.

On 7/1/2022 at 3:08 PM, wizard03 said:

15k health, and 1000% and then some, melee.

Nice! Stam could be pretty useful, especially if you're going to use them for travel purposes. After all, they're pretty fast, and they can climb. Fluffy murder kitty's pretty good at lots of things, like cave running, travel, alpha killing, titano killing with the bleed (just make sure you get the last hit), and lots of things.

10 hours ago, Griffin998 said:

Nice! Stam could be pretty useful, especially if you're going to use them for travel purposes. After all, they're pretty fast, and they can climb. Fluffy murder kitty's pretty good at lots of things, like cave running, travel, alpha killing, titano killing with the bleed (just make sure you get the last hit), and lots of things.

I got 1250 stam. Since I only use them in caves, figured it was good enough. With that said though, I can tear around in the mainland of Fjordur no problem. 

Sadly a moment of silence however....I was on the volcano island and was looking for a basilisk I had found earlier {spoiler alert, creatures are disappearing and not respawning on SP mode, so never found it again.} but while looking around on the very very edge of the beach, I thought I was going to cross over some rocks at the edge of the lava flow, and I died immediately. After testing, apparently even though they look like rocks thats not a part of the lava, the game treated those rocks AS the lava, and thus killed me. I flew back, and I seen a saddle just hovering over the rocks, but no thylo.

Im guessing it died because of the saddle hovering in mid air, but I never got a notice, it did not show up in the tribe logs, and I was unable to recover anything, and there was no drop bag.....I do not have a hawk either, so its like it died, but it was not recorded and nothing is there???

10 hours ago, Griffin998 said:

They definitely are! You can use cannons or rocket launchers/turrets, but cannons would be best since they don't to explosion damage. Rockets can ruin the taming effectiveness by hitting with explosive damage after it's down. Just make sure to use metal for the trap, because I think they can damage stone.

I used two metal billboards. Luckily he started focusing on the billboards and I was able to time my shots. I got 90% effeciency! Sadly I noticed his health pool went from 32k to 18k? They get nerfed like the gigas after tameing or something?

2 hours ago, wizard03 said:

I got 1250 stam. Since I only use them in caves, figured it was good enough. With that said though, I can tear around in the mainland of Fjordur no problem. 

Sadly a moment of silence however....I was on the volcano island and was looking for a basilisk I had found earlier {spoiler alert, creatures are disappearing and not respawning on SP mode, so never found it again.} but while looking around on the very very edge of the beach, I thought I was going to cross over some rocks at the edge of the lava flow, and I died immediately. After testing, apparently even though they look like rocks thats not a part of the lava, the game treated those rocks AS the lava, and thus killed me. I flew back, and I seen a saddle just hovering over the rocks, but no thylo.

Im guessing it died because of the saddle hovering in mid air, but I never got a notice, it did not show up in the tribe logs, and I was unable to recover anything, and there was no drop bag.....I do not have a hawk either, so its like it died, but it was not recorded and nothing is there???

#arked

10 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

#arked

Oh man...true. Same thing happened to my first raptor-so-called "Fastor" because most of his points were into movement speed. I would take him along with me on all my great resource adventures, along with my Moschops, and I was on Kairuku Island one day for poly to make the pump shottie. I was on the Moschops, and whistled follow on Fastor, assuming he would just follow me. I watched as he got off the raft safely and onto the Island. I turned away for less than a second, and the death message popped up "Your Fastor-level -- was Killed". It just said killed. I what I think happened is he fell through the map :(. R.I.P Fastor. I gotta go searching for a new raptor pack for my mutations, preferably super high levels. Fastor SHALL BE REBORN! *cue evil laugh*.

Archived