Just Joined the forums, saying hello!

Stewbawl

Hi everyone,

i just joined the forums, and before i can view some of the sections it looks like i need my post count to be a bit higher.  so i thought i'd say hello.

my friends and i are playing on a private server and we're currently on Valguero.  it's only been up for about a week and a half now, we're all just coming back to the game after a bit of a break.  we're having a blast.

anyway, thought i'd join the forums and hang out a bit.

nice to meet you,

Stewbawl

Cool! Hello, my friend! Welcome to the forums, where we're all totally cool (true), super supportive (also true, mostly), and just all-around great people. Honestly, I really enjoy just talking, helping out people, and that's just what the forums are about. Chatting, asking questions...basically nothing isn't allowed here. Feel free to be you :)

Good luck on Val (hear those Deinonychus are really happy to see us survivors), and Happy ARKing!

23 hours ago, Stewbawl said:

Hi everyone, i just joined the forums, and before i can view some of the sections it looks like i need my post count to be a bit higher.  so i thought i'd say hello. my friends and i are playing on a private server and we're currently on Valguero.  it's only been up for about a week and a half now, we're all just coming back to the game after a bit of a break.  we're having a blast. anyway, thought i'd join the forums and hang out a bit. nice to meet you, Stewbawl

Welcome to the pool party. Coffee is over there, snack bar is over here, and the complaint department is run by @Joebl0w13

XD He gonna hate me for that

Anyways, welcome man! We will try to help out with some of the simple and easy to figure out stuff, maybe some of the more technical stuff like breeding, but for real, if you do have any bug complaints {even though nothing will prolly be done about it >.>} there is a link at the top of the discussions page. Pictures/videos help.

Other than that, whats the latest crazy thing you did?

i have a love hate relationship with those Deinonychus.  latest crazy thing i did?  i've spent the last few days looking for Deinonychus nests to steal an egg.  got one last night and hatched it.  then got a bit bummed when i noticed it didn't get any levels from the process and stayed at the level of the found egg.

our server is set where the highest level dinos are lvl 120, and if i tame a max level it can come out at 179 after taming.  it kinda sucks that if i find a max level deinonychus egg the highest i'll ever be able to get as a start will be that 120. (not including breeding and mutations).  it just makes for a much lower starting point.

the NEXT crazy thing i'm going to do.  i've got a horse, his name is McGoober.  sometime this weekend i'm hopping on him and riding from red beacon, to green beacon, to blue beacon, back to red beacon.  i'm going to time it see how i do.  i hope i have his speed up high enough to outrun any trouble i get into.  maybe i'll see about recording the journey...

Yeah, that's the thing about egg tames. They always hatch out at the level of their egg, no higher, no lower. I still really like the fluffy raptor/cliff chicken though, just because of their sheer utility. I suppose it sort of makes sense, since all the egg tames are super powerful. I.e, the magmasaur, rock Drake, wyvern, etc. Deinonychus are rightfully difficult to get. I've used them in the past, and I know how powerful they'd be if you could just tame them outright (via forcetaming-I was curious).

Good luck to you and McGoober, and Happy ARKing!

• 7 months later...
On 6/30/2022 at 6:29 PM, Stewbawl said:

i have a love hate relationship with those Deinonychus.  latest crazy thing i did?  i've spent the last few days looking for Deinonychus nests to steal an egg.  got one last night and hatched it.  then got a bit bummed when i noticed it didn't get any levels from the process and stayed at the level of the found egg.

our server is set where the highest level dinos are lvl 120, and if i tame a max level it can come out at 179 after taming.  it kinda sucks that if i find a max level deinonychus egg the highest i'll ever be able to get as a start will be that 120. (not including breeding and mutations).  it just makes for a much lower starting point.

the NEXT crazy thing i'm going to do.  i've got a horse, his name is McGoober.  sometime this weekend i'm hopping on him and riding from red beacon, to green beacon, to blue beacon, back to red beacon.  i'm going to time it see how i do.  i hope i have his speed up high enough to outrun any trouble i get into.  maybe i'll see about recording the journey...

Welcome to the asylum :D:D

In regards to Deino eggs (such as Magmar, Wyrm, RockDrake) while they do not gain points when hatched, they are compensated for by not having any "wasted" points.

I play Official servers so I don't know well some of the settings that can be changed in private servers but (as an ignoramus, me) it seems strange to me that the level limit of that type of eggs is exactly the same as that of wild dinos, in Official the dino limit is 150 (with exceptions) but Eggs can be found at higher levels, I've found RockDrake eggs at lvl 195, Deino, Wyrm and Magmasaur eggs at lvl 180, I've seen CrystalWyrmHair at lvl 225 although I didn't look for her egg because they are already higher with breeding, so it makes me think you can change that limit;

but I repeat that I do not have the adequate knowledge to confirm to you whether what I am saying is right or completely wrong.

PS: we are curious to see the trotting horse ;)

4 hours ago, CervantesMor said:

Welcome to the asylum :D:D

In regards to Deino eggs (such as Magmar, Wyrm, RockDrake) while they do not gain points when hatched, they are compensated for by not having any "wasted" points.

I play Official servers so I don't know well some of the settings that can be changed in private servers but (as an ignoramus, me) it seems strange to me that the level limit of that type of eggs is exactly the same as that of wild dinos, in Official the dino limit is 150 (with exceptions) but Eggs can be found at higher levels, I've found RockDrake eggs at lvl 195, Deino, Wyrm and Magmasaur eggs at lvl 180, I've seen CrystalWyrmHair at lvl 225 although I didn't look for her egg because they are already higher with breeding, so it makes me think you can change that limit;

but I repeat that I do not have the adequate knowledge to confirm to you whether what I am saying is right or completely wrong.

PS: we are curious to see the trotting horse ;)

magmars and deinos can come with wasted points(for @Stewbawl , this concept won't make much sense for a little while.  It will make sense more when you start breeding and trying to figure out how that works). 

Its the flyers like rock drake, wyverns that have no run speed points.  Deinos are essentially built off the framework of raptors.  Magmas also can have run speed, but they were compensated by having super high powered melee(don't let the % fool you, 200% on them is about the same as 400% on a T-rex) .  

@Stewbawl if you or your friends have control over the private server, you can have the host go down the list on the general tab in the start up configuration, and check the box ' Maximum difficulty ' .  That will override the first setting at the top of that category and force your 120 up to 150.  It will be 180 for all Tek animals as well once you do that.

Also, don't be discouraged too much by the low levels you start with on the deinos.  They are super easy to breed and raise.  Their eggs don't go bad right away once mated so you can keep your breeding setup going 24/7 and pick up eggs when you get back from work or wake up.  This makes pushing forwards on making the best deino you can much easier than other animals, same goes for all these animals you pick up eggs in order to tame(deinos fastest though). 

On 6/30/2022 at 2:20 AM, Stewbawl said:

Hi everyone,

i just joined the forums, and before i can view some of the sections it looks like i need my post count to be a bit higher.  so i thought i'd say hello.

my friends and i are playing on a private server and we're currently on Valguero.  it's only been up for about a week and a half now, we're all just coming back to the game after a bit of a break.  we're having a blast.

anyway, thought i'd join the forums and hang out a bit.

nice to meet you,

Stewbawl

Well hello welcome to the community of ark where we talk about the annoying things that ark offers.

Archived