Can a dino with Zero 0 stat receive mutations?

Ment2008

s

34 minutes ago, Griffin998 said:

Hold up-zero stats? I'd like to know how that's done...Is it just pure luck when you tame a giga, or some other mystic ARK breeder technique I'm not sophisticated enough to know?

Simply find low lvl one 5-15 and hit it while its knocked until 9.9% hp (tame effectivness 0%) so a 0 stat cant get extra lvls.

@Ment2008 only caveat , only stats on animals that can carry points in that stat can mutate on the zero. 

Counter example, Argentivaris which is only a 6 stat animal automatically has zero points in run speed.  This stat would be ignored on this animal since it doesn't have that stat and the zero doesn't mean the same thing as a zero on oxy on a Rex.

On 6/29/2022 at 2:05 PM, Ment2008 said:

My question, can these zero 0 stats receive mutations?

Ive bred Jerboas. They are always lvl 1, which means they dont have any points spend into anything. 
And I have gotten some mutations on them, getting lvl 3 Jerboas. So you can get mutations on any stat without it having a base value of +1 (points spend into it)

12 hours ago, Griffin998 said:

I've noticed this too...why are they always level one? It's sort of weird, isn't it?

Because they're super important for playing the original map they're native to, but also super fragile so you end up taming 3000 of them, plus newbies need to be able to tame them easily so being lvl 1 they're super quick tames. At least that's what was said when the map came out forever ago.

9 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

super important for playing the original map they're native to,

Ooh, right, what with all the detecting weather events and whatnot. On Scorched, definitely. Y'know, something like that would be useful here in California-but maybe not so much, since the only weather we get is hot, hot, and more hot :D.

On 6/30/2022 at 10:25 AM, Griffin998 said:

I've noticed this too...why are they always level one? It's sort of weird, isn't it?

They do carry the best weight attributes that shoulder pets can have.  I believe bulbdogs share the same weight class as the Jerboas.  On official PVE, jerboas were already over level 224 at birth over a year ago.  They are probably pretty close to level 361 with combined stats by now.  *362 isn't possible technically , but it is because there is a way that odd # stat values have been introduced since their addition to the game.

4 minutes ago, Ment2008 said:

So thats a rip :( im trying to breed nice 40+ melee, sta & wight base without addition no needed mutations.
Its beyond hard to merge 7 stats (0 also counts as stat). But mutations over 0 stats inevitable which i find wired.

the zero stats were more commonly needed early on before incubators.  It was easier to spot mutations by their levels upon hatch.  You could look out at a sea of dino levels and spot all that had been mutated.  The zeros just made that simpler. 

Past that, they are only needed once a melee stat has reached a point you need to take those points away from the overall level and use them more wisely.  With incubators, there's no need to hatch 300 eggs just to find the one gem.  So there's no need to waste time worrying about 15 oxy or 35oxy.

Archived