What up with the updates

8 hours ago, DreamLeopard7059 said:

Hi it seem everyday you guys update that kind overdoing it people are enjoy the game but u guy keep updating it everyday. Please let play do like a monthly update not dayly update it get people annoyed

Yeah there was this {SUBJECT RETRACTED} that allowed people to (REMOVED PHRASEING) and it would cause them to {INFORMATION DELEATED} and the devs had to {WARNING ISSUED} 

This is completely normal after a new map release sadly.

10 hours ago, MMaas said:

Read: This is completely normal for a game in early acces.

LoL, well played.

But, to be fair, it's also normal after the release a new expansion, and Fjordur counts as a new expansion. Every MMO I've ever played goes through this cycle of lots-of-updates-in-a-short-time after they release a new expansion.

23 hours ago, MMaas said:

Read: This is completely normal for a game in early acces.

Corrected: This USED to be normal for a game in early access. 

Dude, every single game anymore is now this way. Every single game I own, they introduce something big like a whole new map, and literally for the first 3-6 weeks, there seems to be "patch's, updates, bug fix's".

15 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

2 hours ago, wizard03 said:

I'm not joking about the completely normalised expansion patches, that is kind of to be expected.

The overall experience (on PS 4 Pro/PS5) has been taken a huge blow since Gen2. Even the single player was suffering very slow texture loading inspite of using (external) SSD's, the world rendering turned to crap (baren mountains on the horizon with a full forrest popping in at very close range when flying) and first a bunch of flying dino's apears with a slowly drawing base around it from backend to front.

The core of the game is still in early acces and seems to be degrading more with every new update, WC's silence and apparent denial of the issues is bafling.
After Lost Island it was somewhere in the first week of this year there finaly was a response that they heard the complaints and were working on a fix. The patch that we got very short after was only a minor improvement wich was completely destroyed with the next update.

And now on Fjodur the server performance (note: 10~20ms ping!) was not too bad in the first week when we were with 74 people online most of the time but now it's latency (not lag) is getting to an annoying level (increased ping 45~90ms is not explaining all) and the origami dino's are re-introduced. Even while the playerbase has settled to 35~65 and only the full peak late afternoon/early evening.

Tl;dr:
Too much focus on new stuff while ignoring old issues without the lack of a decent Q&A department, partnering with another (mobile?) studio with an even worse history for a sequel... And suckers like us still hope the game will be fixed...

5 hours ago, MMaas said:

Too much focus on new stuff while ignoring old issues without the lack of a decent Q&A department, partnering with another (mobile?) studio with an even worse history for a sequel... And suckers like us still hope the game will be fixed...

Well, I won't argue that. However I strongly feel like most if not all of the development team just isn't capable of dealing with the bugs. The team for what it is, is capable of running typical "cookie cutter" game mechanics, where stuff is already created to a point where they can cut and copy the code. But as for diving into the whole code itself and finding the bugs one at a time, either management thinks it will take too much time. They don't want to pay for it. Or the team just isn't capable of doing it.

Id fathom its more the first as they are already moving on to ark 2, and this is just a little something to keep us going for now, but as for me hoping they will fix the issues that have cropped up. Iv lost my hope since aberration. I just try to see what kind of mess they offer up and do my best to play the game as intended.
And yeah, Iv had to fix the game myself on quite a few occasions...

Crops in Fjordur quit growing. Had to adjust resource respawn rate. Not to take advantage of more crops, but to actually get them to come back to life. The lighting of the game goes to perfectly blacks in any water source. Adjusted gamma and tv lighting. So forth and so on.

This how the game is, this is as good as it gets. Does it suck? bet your life savings on it. Will I quit playing it? When I get bored of it. Are we all suckers for it?

Im certain that 90% of the community has come to the same conclusion I have. So its a speculative opinion.

I don't mind the updates but once again they've pushed out a client update and not released the server update on Steam, the last few updates seem to have been very slow to release for unofficial servers with some coming days after they were released to official servers, not a problem when it's minor but this one is a major so can't connect to any of my servers, my client got updated over an hour ago and just checked and there's about 70 unofficial servers showing up

Archived