Politics in Ark

Bpdonut

So I’ve always been one to be against bringing up politics, or real life issues into game chats, because there’s always two sides to a coin. Ppl you disagree with are still your friends online, but mainly because you aren’t bringing real life bs into the game. Everyone’s on there to enjoy the game and escape pressures, stress, drama of real life. Particularly the new map Fjordur, my server was awesome, everyone got along, the map is big, new, everyone was having fun. Until the 24th when this was posted by an Ark dev. That’s when it was taken as a sign of “please bring politics into the game”.

So now every single day, my official fjordur server is absolutely miserable, there’s constant fights, rants all real life political based, simply because of this one post by an ark dev on Facebook. We come for the game, that’s all we come for, nobody wants to hear anyone else’s opinions about politics.
Blizzard has had issues with employees feeling discriminated against, when you made this post that stated “we at wildcard”, do you really believe that ALL wildcard employees feel exactly that way, do you not for a single moment not think, “we might be creating a hostile work environment by making an employee feel shunned”, maybe not, probably because those employees are keeping their mouths shut in fear of being fired. No it may not be as bad as what happened at blizzard, but you’re not being inclusive to ALL your employees. Not everyone has the same political opinions, certainly not gamers.

So in kind regards as a faithful player since beta, keep this bs out of the video games, look forward to Ark 2, thank you for 8 years of fun, hopefully it’ll continue.

C8B915AE-A976-49D7-B589-D03965B29C64.jpeg

I agree. I actually like talking about politics in real life, but not when I'm playing my futuristic dinosaur alien survival game. No matter what side you're on, surely you must agree that the division in the community this post created is something that shouldn't have happened and didn't have to happen in the first place.

Yea no thank you. Good on the team to support it but politics have no business to be even brought up by a gaming company for multiple reasons, and I for one am trying to actively avoid any talk about it. The last thing I want to see from my favorite game is a divide from the community. Really upset with the things Syntac said on twitter and kinda lost respect for him, I wish I didn't see that and had WC not brought it up everything would continue on as normal and I'd still like Syntac.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived