LOST ALL MY TAMES!!!

DaleReborn

1 hour ago, DaleReborn said:

Me and my brother spent weeks breeding level 400-450 rexes for a boss fight, we initiated the fight and then the game kicked us both out and we lost EVERYTHING!! what can be done about this cause we're at the point of uninstalling this stupid game!!

You have to submit a ticket to support, no one on the forums can help with this.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, DaleReborn said:

Me and my brother spent weeks breeding level 400-450 rexes for a boss fight, we initiated the fight and then the game kicked us both out and we lost EVERYTHING!! what can be done about this cause we're at the point of uninstalling this stupid game!!

WHat exactly happened when you say the game kicked you both out.  Did you get disconnected from the game midbattle?  Or did you go in, everything goes black and then you find yourself out at the terminal and all your rexes were gone?

If its the latter, what happened was someone else started the boss fight a second before you did.  The boss fight team that loads in first will win the entry and the other who started it will lose everything.

25 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

WHat exactly happened when you say the game kicked you both out.  Did you get disconnected from the game midbattle?  Or did you go in, everything goes black and then you find yourself out at the terminal and all your rexes were gone?

If its the latter, what happened was someone else started the boss fight a second before you did.  The boss fight team that loads in first will win the entry and the other who started it will lose everything.

Nope, we were the only ones on the server. We pressed start, the timer went down and then the loading in screen shows but we both got kicked to the lobby instantly. As soon as we loaded back in, everything was dead including us. We live in different houses and was nothing Internet related etc. Thanks for the responses though guys, I've submitted a ticket so hopefully will be resolved. My brother has pretty much quit until its resolved.

I hate to be that guy but you wont be compensated for lost tames. Wildcard do not replace tames unless they are lost due to a game glitch (like anti mesh) and even then you need evidence.

Boss fights are high risk, if you die or lost connection at any point then you lose everything, we have all been there so this will have to be a learning experience for you.

4 hours ago, DaleReborn said:

Nope, we were the only ones on the server. We pressed start, the timer went down and then the loading in screen shows but we both got kicked to the lobby instantly. As soon as we loaded back in, everything was dead including us. We live in different houses and was nothing Internet related etc. Thanks for the responses though guys, I've submitted a ticket so hopefully will be resolved. My brother has pretty much quit until its resolved.

When you say "we were the only ones on the server" does that mean you were using your own server, either dedicated or non-dedicated?  If so then WildCard and support can't do anything to help you.

Before I go into any long explanations, can you confirm what kind of server you were playing on?

1) Official

2) Unofficial dedicated owned by someone else

3) dedicated that youown

4) non-dedicated with either you or your brother being the host.

The answer to your question "what can be done" will depend on what kind of server you were playing on.

1 hour ago, DaleReborn said:

I understand what you're saying, maybe Wildcard should fix their servers as it was the server that kicked us out and cost us the tames, not our connection or Internet. I understand now why people avoid official servers.

While I agree with you in concept, after all there's a whole list of things it would be nice if they would fix. But if we're being realistic this game is coming to the end of its life and most of these fixes aren't going to happen. WC has never been good at fixing problems that their game was causing, not even during Early Access when you would think that customer service would have been important to them in order to get a better reputation.

Consider the fact that the tribe log is only 100 lines long, which is just stupidly absurd for a game that is supposed to be based on having tribes doing a lot of stuff all the time. You can fill the tribe log in just a few minutes of someone attacking your base, or you can lose much more than 100 foundations, walls, dino's, etc. if a game glitch causes problems with your base.

This is why I, for one, will never spend a penny on ARK2, as consumers we have to vote with our dollars. ARK2 might even be a better game but WildCard will not be a better company, their customer service has always been terrible and will always continue to be terrible as long as they are making crazy amounts of money from their games. You may have recently seen that ARK set a new record for number of live, concurrent players playing via Steam. After almost a decade of awful customer service they are still making tons of money off of the game, and will make more tons of money from ARK2. The concept behind this game is so good that people love it in spite of WC being a terrible company, they will never improve their customer service as long as they keep making money like this. I agree that they should, but they won't.

So... if you were playing on an Official server then you should submit your ticket but you should also realistically expect that they won't do anything, and then you'll have to decide what you want to do about it.

11 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

While I agree with you in concept, after all there's a whole list of things it would be nice if they would fix. But if we're being realistic this game is coming to the end of its life and most of these fixes aren't going to happen. WC has never been good at fixing problems that their game was causing, not even during Early Access when you would think that customer service would have been important to them in order to get a better reputation.

Consider the fact that the tribe log is only 100 lines long, which is just stupidly absurd for a game that is supposed to be based on having tribes doing a lot of stuff all the time. You can fill the tribe log in just a few minutes of someone attacking your base, or you can lose much more than 100 foundations, walls, dino's, etc. if a game glitch causes problems with your base.

This is why I, for one, will never spend a penny on ARK2, as consumers we have to vote with our dollars. ARK2 might even be a better game but WildCard will not be a better company, their customer service has always been terrible and will always continue to be terrible as long as they are making crazy amounts of money from their games. You may have recently seen that ARK set a new record for number of live, concurrent players playing via Steam. After almost a decade of awful customer service they are still making tons of money off of the game, and will make more tons of money from ARK2. The concept behind this game is so good that people love it in spite of WC being a terrible company, they will never improve their customer service as long as they keep making money like this. I agree that they should, but they won't.

So... if you were playing on an Official server then you should submit your ticket but you should also realistically expect that they won't do anything, and then you'll have to decide what you want to do about it.

Yeah it's an official server, at the time there was only us two on hah... I've sent a ticket off, I understand nothing will be done more than likely as they're terrible with helping people. 

Archived