Unable to get a perfect tame Fjordhawk?

WorldAblaze

Sanguine elixir apparently helps taming. Acquire bat, acquire better hawk. Though to be honest if you're just spawning in the hawk anyway you may as well just gmsummon it unless it was purely to test it.

9 minutes ago, Melcreif said:

Curious, what are folks putting levels into on the Fjordhawks? It doesn't seem weight matters, but I could be wrong.

Health, speed, a bit into oxygen since I'm in the water a lot

1 hour ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Sanguine elixir apparently helps taming. Acquire bat, acquire better hawk. Though to be honest if you're just spawning in the hawk anyway you may as well just gmsummon it unless it was purely to test it.

Health, speed, a bit into oxygen since I'm in the water a lot

I was just testing for my players on my server. Had complaints of low taming efficiency so was trying it out. I saw a video where they said the elixir didn’t work, but I could test that myself. Didn’t think of that thanks. I’ll let y’all know how it turns out

I've used the elixir a few times on Hawks, you have to be stood on the ground, close, and looking directly at it, but if defo works. 

Also they return whatever you have on ur body, even if you're overburdened, so weight isn't helpful for that. I've been levelling hp, but tbh I'm not sure if that is even worthwhile as they are invulnerable when they are on ur shoulder. Maybe oxygen is a good thing just in case in the rare scenario you are underwater and you accidently throw it off ur shoulder?

5 hours ago, Luizza said:

I've used the elixir a few times on Hawks, you have to be stood on the ground, close, and looking directly at it, but if defo works. 

Also they return whatever you have on ur body, even if you're overburdened, so weight isn't helpful for that. I've been levelling hp, but tbh I'm not sure if that is even worthwhile as they are invulnerable when they are on ur shoulder. Maybe oxygen is a good thing just in case in the rare scenario you are underwater and you accidently throw it off ur shoulder?

Awesome thanks for the confirmation on the elixir. I’ll have to try that out and see how it goes 

7 hours ago, Luizza said:

Ich habe HP gelevelt, bin mir aber ehrlich gesagt nicht sicher, ob sich das überhaupt lohnt, da sie unverwundbar sind, wenn sie auf der Schulter sind. Vielleicht ist Sauerstoff eine gute Sache für den seltenen Fall, dass Sie unter Wasser sind und ihn versehentlich von Ihrer Schulter werfen?

My Tribemate was killed by a Firewyvern and a sec. later his Hawk was killed from wyvern.... 

2 minutes ago, Austria said:

My Tribemate was killed by a Firewyvern and a sec. later his Hawk was killed from wyvern.... 

Afaik he was too slow to respawn... but could be another bug.

BTW I have heard of that happening before but only with wyverns, i wonder if they've put something in to stop ppl using that mechanic to steal wyvern eggs easily? If that was the case we'd hear it about drakes too.

23 hours ago, Luizza said:

Afaik he was too slow to respawn... but could be another bug.

BTW I have heard of that happening before but only with wyverns, i wonder if they've put something in to stop ppl using that mechanic to steal wyvern eggs easily? If that was the case we'd hear it about drakes too.

This might be true. need to test this on single player. I did try it in real time and also no bag but the hawk came back.

Archived