Breeding mechanics phase 2

Dam Son

the mechanic as far as i understand it is like this :after it is born the person who claims it will have the chance to imprint it.  every 3 to 4 hours your baby will ask one of 3 things (kibble, cuddle or walk) but only from the person who claimed him.

if you give it to him he will earn a % inprint.. if you do this every single time (every 4 hours)  until he gets 100% then he will gain a 20% bonus on his stats when you and only you mount it

whenever you miss a request the % will whither down and you wont get anything. ( he will have grown up normally as before so no penalty)

13 hours ago, LadyofHats said:

the mechanic as far as i understand it is like this :after it is born the person who claims it will have the chance to imprint it.  every 3 to 4 hours your baby will ask one of 3 things (kibble, cuddle or walk) but only from the person who claimed him.

if you give it to him he will earn a % inprint.. if you do this every single time (every 4 hours)  until he gets 100% then he will gain a 20% bonus on his stats when you and only you mount it

whenever you miss a request the % will whither down and you wont get anything. ( he will have grown up normally as before so no penalty)

Thanks for the info, I've been searching all over for answers. It's definitely a neat mechanic, just would be difficult for a lot of players who have a job or family beyond the game. Or even those that don't want to worry about setting timers or staying logged on. But perhaps that's the point, a lot of work for increased reward.

4 hours ago, JacyKoi said:

Thanks for the info, I've been searching all over for answers. It's definitely a neat mechanic, just would be difficult for a lot of players who have a job or family beyond the game. Or even those that don't want to worry about setting timers or staying logged on. But perhaps that's the point, a lot of work for increased reward.

although if you decide you need to sleep at any time, and you miss one of those 'special tasks,' your bonus is set back to zero and you get a big fat nothing. 

if they're expecting players to stay awake for 50 + hours and they think that's good game design, kudos to them. i think it's an extremely poorly planned addition to the game. 

you can't even share the task with other players in your tribe. 

it would make more sense if there was a sliding % scale, so that if you missed one task your whole time wasn't wasted. 

2 hours ago, Charlice said:

although if you decide you need to sleep at any time, and you miss one of those 'special tasks,' your bonus is set back to zero and you get a big fat nothing. 

if they're expecting players to stay awake for 50 + hours and they think that's good game design, kudos to them. i think it's an extremely poorly planned addition to the game. 

you can't even share the task with other players in your tribe. 

it would make more sense if there was a sliding % scale, so that if you missed one task your whole time wasn't wasted. 

sleep is for the weak. it's your fault only to choose to play this game. tried out by raising a dimorph, woke up at 3 and 6 this morning... to give it a walk and feed it galli kibble.

here, I will say it for the fanboys here: "it's an alpha, so GTFO, you either play the game or quit. they've done a good job and this is brilliant"

21 minutes ago, Dam Son said:

sleep is for the weak. it's your fault only to choose to play this game. tried out by raising a dimorph, woke up at 3 and 6 this morning... to give it a walk and feed it galli kibble.

here, I will say it for the fanboys here: "it's an alpha, so GTFO, you either play the game or quit. they've done a good job and this is brilliant"

cool. breed a giga next. then report back and let me know how your week was with no sleep, and not attending school or work. 

a dimorph? big deal. how long does it take them to mature? a giga takes a week +. how is that a good idea? 

1 hour ago, Dam Son said:

lol, I am agreeing with you. I guess you didn't catch on my sarcasm.

I shudder to think about raising gigas

Guy on my server saw triplets quetzals hatched.

Total panic followed because he only farmed food for 1.

In short: he stayed awake to get all 3 to full grown phase, was panicking and trying to rally the entire server in Prime Time to farm meat for him or buy massive amounts of meat from us. he succeeded, but as far as I know he quit breeding for a couple of months after that. :)

oh I have bred a giga before, it was easy to be honest (but not so sure about its new stasis food consumption rate though)

I macro'ed the hand feeding part while I go watch TV about 3-4 hours and logged out to let it go to stasis. while in its juvie stage or adolescent stage, I just check in once every 12 hours to fill up the troughs. took about 2 weeks to raise it up completely. stasis is the best feature tbh. did the same for my dimorphs, let it carry up to about 25 meat, fill up troughs and log off... come back next day to see them matured.

provided the place you are raising it is not a heavy traffic area as the dinos will fall out of stasis and resume normal food consumption

Archived