Please Help Me To Caught Up With The Game (Returning To The Game After 2 years)

Please can anyone in this forum help me to find out what happened to the game in the last 2 years that I have been away from it? I couldnt play the game for personal issues in the last 2 years. Now that I am fully recovered, I can finally play it again. I searched in the web and found patch notes, but there are so many that i cannot find what have really changed in the game or what new content has been added in the past 2 years.

Please anyone, any good samaritan, help me find out what changed in the game by making a small list of what happened, or what new content was added to the game in the last 2 years. 

For example, a list of top 10, top 20 or top 30 changes in the past 2 years. Anything you can do to help me will be greatly appreciated. Example 2: Number of dinos added in past 2 years: xx numbers, new weapons: xx, new mechanics: xx etc...

Please a detailed list would be a God Gift, but if you cant do that then a small list is also a great help for me. Please tell me and I will be grateful for your help my fellow forum user. 

• namewasstolenstresslevel changed the title to Please Help Me To Caught Up With The Game (Returning To The Game After 2 years)

I don't think much at all has changed tbh. Only thing I can think of is you can now carry an anky and it will autoharvest.

There have been new maps with new creatures but you can easily check them out by looking at the steam page and then googling those creatures.

Sry couldn't be more useful, but it's tough to think of what has changed unless you gave a complete breakdown of what it was like when you left, otherwise it's all a bit vague :) 

A few new maps, a few new dinos to tame, a few new weapons. There's netguns now and depending on if you play pve or pvp they're either a blessing or a curse. Shadowmanes are the new combat meta,  there's giant baboons that disable tek now, and arks still a buggy mess.

Classic ark's story got wrapped with with gen2 and it just released its final map.

The biggest change from a relatively low level kinda guy is the new map Crystal Isles.  It has passive tame wyverns which take away a lot of the pain in getting a wyvern.
Two other free maps released since then being Lost Island and Fjordur. Lost Island is no brilliant, but does have a new creature - Sinomacrops - which is well worth going to fetch (it works like an organic jet pack!).
There has also been official maps released - depending on when you packed in last this may include Genesis I and will include Genesis II. The first is (in my view) a bit of a "don't go there". Although there is a very cool new spawn - Blood Stalker - on it. And Genesis II is also no great shakes, but some very cool tames, like the new Maewing which aids a LOT in raising babies.

So I guess a lot depends on what you are in Ark for. What floats my boat is exploring a new map and seeing all the cool things on that map ... For others it's more of a climb the ladder to absolute supremacy. If you lean towards the latter, then the new official maps will do you. If you lean towards the former - Crystal Isles is beautiful and worth some time, lost island is a bit of a let down, and I ain't played the new Fjordur at all yet.

Note - all of this is my personal experience of Ark - and a bunch of other peeps will disagree with me, and your own experience will vary depending on what you like in the game.

17 hours ago, namewasstolenstresslevel said:

Please can anyone in this forum help me to find out what happened to the game in the last 2 years that I have been away from it?

Please a detailed list would be a God Gift, but if you cant do that then a small list is also a great help for me. Please tell me and I will be grateful for your help my fellow forum user. 

There are two things you can do that will give you the information you need.

1) Go to the wiki pages for the maps that have been added since you stopped playing. Within the page for each map make sure you read about anything new on that map that you've never seen before.

2) Open your game in single-player, on any map it won't matter which one, and use the "gcm" command to see all of the engrams. Then just look through the engrams to see which ones are not familiar to you.

This is the closest thing to a "detailed list" you're going to find. No one is going to be able to give you the kind of detailed list you're thinking of, the only way to get that list is to look through those wiki pages in chronological order and then carefully look through your engrams.

On 6/25/2022 at 10:34 PM, namewasstolenstresslevel said:

Please can anyone in this forum help me to find out what happened to the game in the last 2 years that I have been away from it? I couldnt play the game for personal issues in the last 2 years. Now that I am fully recovered, I can finally play it again. I searched in the web and found patch notes, but there are so many that i cannot find what have really changed in the game or what new content has been added in the past 2 years. Please anyone, any good samaritan, help me find out what changed in the game by making a small list of what happened, or what new content was added to the game in the last 2 years.  For example, a list of top 10, top 20 or top 30 changes in the past 2 years. Anything you can do to help me will be greatly appreciated. Example 2: Number of dinos added in past 2 years: xx numbers, new weapons: xx, new mechanics: xx etc...Please a detailed list would be a God Gift, but if you cant do that then a small list is also a great help for me. Please tell me and I will be grateful for your help my fellow forum user. 

Lets seee, Im only going to do the big stuffs, so there can still be a couple suprises.....Gen 1, gen 2, crystal isles, lost island, and fjordor are new maps. Some bugs have been worked on, lots of exploits have been worked on {mostly rat holes in the new maps}, some new helpful tools such as the net gun has been added to some of those maps, a whole new "store" has been implemented into gen 1 and 2 where you can do a side mission for some currency, and then you can buy the generic resources with said currency. And of course each map has some new dino's. You will have to take a look at the map and the list of dino's to determine how to tame them and such.
Oh, and the old wiki for ark is toast. But there is now a new wiki managed by the team, and its has a lot less ads in it. So no worries about video spam or such. Link is found at the top of main page of the general discussion forum and is pinned so its easy to find.

Other than that, nothing too much or crazy. Ark 2 is comeing next year, and supposedly the animated series will be out later this year

22 hours ago, Luizza said:

I don't think much at all has changed tbh. Only thing I can think of is you can now carry an anky and it will autoharvest.

There have been new maps with new creatures but you can easily check them out by looking at the steam page and then googling those creatures.

Sry couldn't be more useful, but it's tough to think of what has changed unless you gave a complete breakdown of what it was like when you left, otherwise it's all a bit vague :) 

thank you very much sir

17 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

A few new maps, a few new dinos to tame, a few new weapons. There's netguns now and depending on if you play pve or pvp they're either a blessing or a curse. Shadowmanes are the new combat meta,  there's giant baboons that disable tek now, and arks still a buggy mess.

Classic ark's story got wrapped with with gen2 and it just released its final map.

thannk you sir.

17 hours ago, DirkInSA said:

The biggest change from a relatively low level kinda guy is the new map Crystal Isles.  It has passive tame wyverns which take away a lot of the pain in getting a wyvern.
Two other free maps released since then being Lost Island and Fjordur. Lost Island is no brilliant, but does have a new creature - Sinomacrops - which is well worth going to fetch (it works like an organic jet pack!).
There has also been official maps released - depending on when you packed in last this may include Genesis I and will include Genesis II. The first is (in my view) a bit of a "don't go there". Although there is a very cool new spawn - Blood Stalker - on it. And Genesis II is also no great shakes, but some very cool tames, like the new Maewing which aids a LOT in raising babies.

So I guess a lot depends on what you are in Ark for. What floats my boat is exploring a new map and seeing all the cool things on that map ... For others it's more of a climb the ladder to absolute supremacy. If you lean towards the latter, then the new official maps will do you. If you lean towards the former - Crystal Isles is beautiful and worth some time, lost island is a bit of a let down, and I ain't played the new Fjordur at all yet.

Note - all of this is my personal experience of Ark - and a bunch of other peeps will disagree with me, and your own experience will vary depending on what you like in the game.

very interesting. Thank you sir!

14 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

There are two things you can do that will give you the information you need.

1) Go to the wiki pages for the maps that have been added since you stopped playing. Within the page for each map make sure you read about anything new on that map that you've never seen before.

2) Open your game in single-player, on any map it won't matter which one, and use the "gcm" command to see all of the engrams. Then just look through the engrams to see which ones are not familiar to you.

This is the closest thing to a "detailed list" you're going to find. No one is going to be able to give you the kind of detailed list you're thinking of, the only way to get that list is to look through those wiki pages in chronological order and then carefully look through your engrams.

thank you sir!! 

13 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

it would actually be easier for me to respond if you told us what was the last things you remembered about the game.  What was the latest thing new in game when you last played?

Sorry its hard for me to explain how the game was when i played. I think i dont remember much. But now i will play some and try to remember!. Thanks!

4 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Lets seee, Im only going to do the big stuffs, so there can still be a couple suprises.....Gen 1, gen 2, crystal isles, lost island, and fjordor are new maps. Some bugs have been worked on, lots of exploits have been worked on {mostly rat holes in the new maps}, some new helpful tools such as the net gun has been added to some of those maps, a whole new "store" has been implemented into gen 1 and 2 where you can do a side mission for some currency, and then you can buy the generic resources with said currency. And of course each map has some new dino's. You will have to take a look at the map and the list of dino's to determine how to tame them and such.
Oh, and the old wiki for ark is toast. But there is now a new wiki managed by the team, and its has a lot less ads in it. So no worries about video spam or such. Link is found at the top of main page of the general discussion forum and is pinned so its easy to find.

Other than that, nothing too much or crazy. Ark 2 is comeing next year, and supposedly the animated series will be out later this year

Thank you very much sir! Helpful.

Thanks again all the other replies too. I think Ark is an overwhelming game full of things to do. I just wish cheats werent allowed in PvE servers, but this time i will play without using commands. I want to enjoy this beatiful game playing naturally. This game is hard. Good work Ark team! I wish commands were not possible. But i will try my best not to use them. My health is also getting better. Thanks all!

2 hours ago, namewasstolenstresslevel said:

Thank you very much sir! Helpful.

Thanks again all the other replies too. I think Ark is an overwhelming game full of things to do. I just wish cheats werent allowed in PvE servers, but this time i will play without using commands. I want to enjoy this beatiful game playing naturally. This game is hard. Good work Ark team! I wish commands were not possible. But i will try my best not to use them. My health is also getting better. Thanks all!

Trust me man, I follow that same path of trying not to cheat.....lost a saber tooth the other day and since my mom likes to play with me, she was instantly "lets go into cheat mode and get him back" I was like nah, it was just a saber tooth, and ontop of that, if we do that it will turn right into the most slippery path of playing the game or cheating to win.

I wish the developers didn't have that option. Admin commands is one thing, but being able to instantly go into god mode is another. >.<

2 hours ago, wizard03 said:

she was instantly "lets go into cheat mode and get him back

Right...Yeah, I've got sort of the same issue with my brother. He does NOT enjoy survival in ARK, instead preferring to go into creative mode and blast everything in sight with a minigun :\. It gets exhausting. I either have to go it alone, or somehow force him into helping. Most of the time, he pesters me to go creative mode and do "fun stuff". I like creative mode too, but for designing/building bases, not...going into instant kill mode...But I agree with you. That pure survival experience is the thing I'm looking for. Go the no cheat way. It pays off. :)

19 hours ago, Griffin998 said:

Right...Yeah, I've got sort of the same issue with my brother. He does NOT enjoy survival in ARK, instead preferring to go into creative mode and blast everything in sight with a minigun :\. It gets exhausting. I either have to go it alone, or somehow force him into helping. Most of the time, he pesters me to go creative mode and do "fun stuff". I like creative mode too, but for designing/building bases, not...going into instant kill mode...But I agree with you. That pure survival experience is the thing I'm looking for. Go the no cheat way. It pays off. :)

It does man....we got to base, set up camp in the village that has the veggies in it, and in less than an hour, I tamed 4 argies. All of them over lvl 140! :D Gonna have me a flock of boss birdies later. Good thing too. Iv noticed that metal while plentiful, is scattered around a lot harder than normal >.>

15 hours ago, Griffin998 said:

Dang...I wish I could get a raptor at that level, let alone a flock of argies!

Keep your eye's peeled, Iv had to kill off a bunch of raptors at or above lvl 140. The only seem to apear while your busy tameing something. x.x Had a 130 thylo I had KO'ed and was waiting for it to starve out. Went to go check on the torpor level and as soon as I open my inventory, three of the them gnawing on my argies face.
 135, 140 and a perfect 150.

Ha...wow. What's weird is I spawned first in the Southwest of the Island, every bob's spawn, and I didn't even see a single raptor there. My first raptor tame was after I had a raft and on my trip for crystal to the southeast lava cave when I was at, like, lvl 50. Back at home, I only saw a pack of raptors until after I had a big base camp set up, complete with wooden spike walls and a stone dino gateway...Weird stuff. Plus, that pack was an alpha raptor with one regular raptor, which I took care of with the stego. It's not actually half bad for those pesky alpha raptors, and it was actually a pretty low level too. In the heavy mode, it knocks them back, and it slows them, so they can't attack as fast. I took a lot of damage, but I'm pretty sure it was pack boosted. Anyway, I gotta go in search of some more raptors, 'cause I want to make a super-mutated raptor army and just go around killing rexes and stuff :P.

Archived