Help me shed some light on what has happened to me.

oktravis

I am playing the island on a PVE server on ps4. Level 87

When i was done playing for the day I went to the options menu and Hit save and exit. Then went to exit to the mail menu and went to sleep 

When i left i was in my base everything was ok. Now the next day when I loaded in to the game I found that i had died sometime when I was off line. The game started up on the screen where it askes what bed i want to spawn at and said i was killed by a piranha.  my death was well past the 35 min. you get to recover all your stuff you were  carrying. I lost everything i was carrying. My cryo pods with dinos in them, my tool and weapons. This is the 2nd time this has happened. the first was early on in the game so i didn't lose very much and didn't think much of it but this time i lost a lot.

Does anybody have any idea how or why this has happened and how I can stop it from happening again. How could this happen on a PVE server when I'm off line? I don't understand.

I would appreciate any incite I can get because it is very frustrating

Thanks 

4 hours ago, oktravis said:

When i left i was in my base everything was ok. Now the next day when I loaded in to the game I found that i had died sometime when I was off line. The game started up on the screen where it askes what bed i want to spawn at and said i was killed by a piranha.  my death was well past the 35 min. you get to recover all your stuff you were  carrying. I lost everything i was carrying. My cryo pods with dinos in them, my tool and weapons. This is the 2nd time this has happened. the first was early on in the game so i didn't lose very much and didn't think much of it but this time i lost a lot.

Does anybody have any idea how or why this has happened and how I can stop it from happening again. How could this happen on a PVE server when I'm off line? I don't understand.

I can think of three possibilities:

1) invision is right - when you logged off your body was in a location where someone could drag you into the water.

2) Server lag & non-synchronization. I'm sure you've experienced rubber-banding and server lag many times, it could be that when you logged off the server thought you were in a slightly different location than you saw on your screen. It wouldn't need to be much, if you log off inside of your building but the server thinks you're standing outside then as far as the game is concerned you're out in the open, which resulted in someone dragging you into the water.

3) If your base is build too close to a stream/pond/lake the server might have screwed up and calculated that either you were in the water when you logged off or were close enough for a piranha to kill you. As you can see, this is just a slightly different version of #2.

As for how you prevent it from happening in the future - do what people have been doing since the very beginning of ARK, always store things in a box and log off naked. That way you won't care if you die because you won't lose anything. There are also people who swear that logging off in a bed will prevent problems but I've personally experiences problems even when logging off on a bed - things like being stuck in the bed/ceiling/foundation when I log back in and having to demolish them in order to move. Honestly, for maximum safety it's always better to store your stuff before logging off.

someone has figured out where you live, figured out that you keep valuable stuff on your character, grabs your body {either through a crack in you walls, window opening, or by glitching} and purposely kills you to get everything you keep on your person.

You need to deposit all your stuff off your body into a safe and secure storage unit, and lay down on a bed when you log off. If you magically keep dyeing, then there might be a bit of a bug with the game. If you suddenly don't die anymore, then it was someone taking advantage of you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2022 at 12:51 AM, oktravis said:

I am playing the island on a PVE server on ps4. Level 87

When i was done playing for the day I went to the options menu and Hit save and exit. Then went to exit to the mail menu and went to sleep 

Thanks 

So u claimed this is the 2nd time this has happened and u still haven't learned from ur mistake? Serves u right if ur not gonna make an effort to help urself

Archived