All players XP is stuck, at varius stages. No experience gain.

For example, my character is stuck at 26892346.0/33373538 (level 132).
I have my own personal dedicated server for family and friends.
I have been hosting Ark servers on and off for a few years now.
We are using Ark Server Manager.
Over the last few months we have been playing on multiple clustered servers (if we beat a boss we get to start up a new server).
Everything has been going well. Even when Fjordur was released, we got a new server up and running and we were able to join Fjordur with our existing characters.
Per our rules we have only brought over our characters so far. Get to bring over gear and dinos once we beat previous map boss on beta and alpha.
No one was watching their XP gain when we first got to Fjordur, about a week into the new map we noticed that no one is gaining XP anymore.
We have updated and restarted the servers a few times. They restart every night.
We have gone back (character only) to Valguero and Extinction, but even on the other servers are not able to gain any experience points anymore.
Our servers have a max character level of 180 (1,529,545,000).

41 minutes ago, Larkfields said:

You need to add ten more levels to your config file to take account of the extra ten levels added in Fjordur.

Keep in mind we are not at max level. And the XP gain is broken on all maps. So even if we go back to another map we still can't gain XP.  But, when everyone is off the server I'll try adding 10 levels, to a max of 190.

• 4 months later...

I want to share that there is another situation where player experience can get stuck due to a bug.  I host a Windows store (xbox/pc compatible) dedicated server of Crystal Isles for my wife and a friend where all of our character levels stopped progressing a few months ago.  Our player levels were 78, 80, and 90 respectively and all halted around the same time.

I found a YouTube video here suggesting that taking a mind-wipe tonic will reset your ability to earn XP.  My buddy tried it last night and so far, reports that his character has begun to accrue XP again - although he dropped 4 levels from 80 to 76 after the wipe - which is strange.  I'll report back once we know if he is able to progress past level 80 where he was stuck as well my own experience when I try.

Some relevant observations:

- Map was Crystal Isles - no mods (none available for MS version)

- All 3 players in the map/server got stuck around the same time (~3 months ago)

- Our XP meters stopped moving (other bugs report gaining XP but with no levels awarded)

- Some experience (4 levels) was lost after the mind wipe (perhaps the bug became present some time before our experience froze)

- Did not affect tame levels.  Those all continued to progress.

- Possible correlation of the bug timing-wise with a difficulty adjustment that I made in September:

1. bUseSingleplayerSettings = True
  2. MaxDifficulty = True (this overrides "difficulty" settings to max dinos to level 150/180 for dinos/tech dinos)

I'm not sure if this is limited to the Windows store version or all platforms, but it's worth a try.  Hope it's useful!

Archived