Fjordur disappearing wild dinos? Is it despawn? Am I being trolled?

SarahMonette

If it's something stupid like a moschops or a terror bird I can interact with it a million times it never goes away.  But go after something important like a Baryonyx and poof it vanishes.  Is it meshing into the surrounding areas?  I just don't get it how if I care about the thing it vanishes into thin air but if it means nothing to me there it be forever mocking my attempt to tame anything worth while.

I just posted about this. I am on official PVE 1169. We have been having this exact same issue happen: Vanishing dinos and low dino spawns. I didnt have it happen to me until today. I found a 135 megatherium in the snow. Shot it twice with tranqs and it turn to run and just vanished. Flat snow area, nothing around. Made zero sense...

Is it the alphas causing weird spawn issues? Is it something odd on the map itself? I never seen dinos vanish into thin air before like this.

• 2 weeks later...

They are not sinking into the mesh but if you turn your back on any decent tame its disappeared.  I'm wondering if there's some hyped up despawnage lag related?  Keep servers from crashing?  Fjordur dynamic?  Last thought is maybe other players are taking wilds when I'm not looking.  But it happens so frequent it really feels like if I leave a wild alone for one second it's despawned.  Do not even have to touch it.  Just render it and leave render and come back and it's gone.

Once there were raptors that attacked an area but but but it was a 150 Parcer that big guy should have kicked the raptor's tails.  Other time 145 and 150 fem gacha so I need a few more owl pellets than what I have on me I go somewhere the earth is solid my pellets wont sink in the mesh, collect, turn around they are vanished.

Also cannot find any colored dinos unless it's a pego or pachyrhi.

The only thing that does NOT do a disappear are the rexes / sharks.

• 2 weeks later...

I was hunting a multicolored rex on Fjordur and I left render to get rid of a raptor following me when I came back the ugly green rex was there but the colorful rex I had unloaded tons of arrows into was vanished.  So the despawner only despawns stuff we interact with now?  Why do you hate us so much Wildcard?  Do you want your business to fail??

same here i was on asgard, found a 150 maewing , but there was a alpha raptor around, i move out of render with the alpha raptor, when i come back the maewing is gone,

very frustrating,  you have to travel around with your tranq and bow all the time, because if you go back home to grab stuff, when you come back there is a good chance your dino is gone, i don't know if it is specific to fjiordur, 

• 2 months later...

Archived