Anyone else not getting the feed prompt when trying to tame Queen Bee ?

psionprime

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/24/2022 at 9:54 PM, Joebl0w13 said:

With the bee cave, why tame them?

I was just checking in to see if bees could be tamed on Fjordur because I want to build an awesome round Greenhouse structure at the waterfall by Helm's Deep. The open-ground floor in the middle is to house several beehives and the gravestones of a few dearly departed dinos...and a bench and torch for commiseration. I did a holiday event dino wipe before I tried taming bees and all I find are hives with no bees...but they apparently have honey. So I am not sure if Fjordur hives have bees or not or if they can be tamed if they do. I stand waiting with ghillie and bug repellant...

It seems bees are not currently tameable on Fjordur. Maybe this is supposed to make the PVP folk crawl out of their spartan turret tower bases and fight over the only resource that Gachas cannot produce? I have no idea. Actually getting honey is more productive on a bear anyway, it's not like it is game breaking or anything. It's just nice to have honey on hand...you know "Farming gives long term results" and all that.

Taming bees was sort of a right of passage for me.  I was so happy the first time I actually got it to work. I failed miserably and rage quit once after I chased a queen bee  from the south central main spawn area of The Island all the way to the Redwoods. I was like one bite away from taming with flowers and I lost her because of terrain and then it got dark. Think about that epic passive tame event...that was quite a trek. I have since gotten pretty good at taming the buggers and it is something I look forward to doing. It was also nice to have a place where I could store only flowers.  

I like using the hives for decoration. It is challenging to find a way to incorporate them into builds nicely.  Greenhouses are perfect. They give a nice place to hang out with the dung beetles, acatina...and bees.  Wild hives produce honey at what...1 per minute? It's more productive to "farm" wild hives than wait for tame ones to produce, but it's a nice quality of life element  to have it handy and it helps make a farm feel like a farm. 

We gave up after 9 attempts. After a few days, and probably masochistic tendencies this being Ark and all, she tried again and got one !

She said she couldn't get the feed prompt until she went out of render range then back in which is wildly outside normal following distance. The next feed prompt came up as expected. So, try that and see what happens :) Leaving the bug report open because that is not normal.

Archived