Change Megachelon automatic Raft/Underwater mode

DeathGuyMan

Suggestion

So, I finally passively tamed a megachelon and built a base that took me all day building to find out that if you place vacuum compartment on a megachelon it forces it to auto raft mode when you dismount instead of staying submerged underwater it surfaces and sometimes forces you out of the  compartment as your survivor is trying to keep up with being in the compartment while the megachelon is auto surfacing which will poop you out next to 10x alpha megaladons and turn you into a snack -_-' .... 

There is a giant massive problem with a megachelon that can't have an underwater base on its back and stay underwater, there is also a giant massive problem placing a regular structure on its back unless you like having your base fully submerged underwater with no vacuum which means your base inners also have water in them...

Please for the love of LOGIC make automatic rafting, and underwater modes a manual radial option that can be turned on, and off this way people can have an actual underwater base on their backs that doesn't retain water in their structures. 

Other than the fact that they can have a base on their back even though it doesn't properly work, and the fact that they produce rare flowers, and mushrooms passively the megachelon seems like no more than a giant brick taking up space in your base. 

So with the radial option toggle on/off raft mode we would then be able to stay underwater without having water in our underwater megachelon bases.

4 replies to this server topic

On 6/24/2022 at 11:59 AM, Griffin998 said:

That is a very big oversight...Dang. It's been...what, two, three years since Genesis 1 released? I haven't tamed big tortle boi yet, so I can't speak for myself.

Yeah its a total bummer when you build a big base on its back with vacuum compartments to keep the water out of your base while you are underwater unfortunately when you put them in combination with the Oxygen you get from turtles it causes Ark Spaghetti code to activate... thus the automatic raftmode is activated the moment you dismount while underwater sending you flying to the surface.

I didn't mention that I do understand the necessity of raftmode while at the same time not understanding why they made it "AUTOMATIC" they should have made this an hold R radial option while mounted so it can be toggled whether you want the turtle to surface or not, also not only that I believe they should be able to stand underwater on the surface they are turtles and gravity still exists as big as the turtle is it shouldn't be hard for it to walk on sea ground with a decrease of movement speed of 20-30% because movement would be decreased as water would weigh you down especially if you're not water-dynamic like a dolphin..

Archived