The elephant in the room.

wizard03

16 hours ago, Creb said:

There making  a differant game just skinning it like ark and calling it ark. They broke this game with s+ and when extinction dropped. now there trying to create one that works for the fornite kids.

I wouldn't go so far with the fortnite thing, but as for making a new game and leaving behind what ark is now, yeah. I am coming to the same conclusion.

14 hours ago, Tylanater said:

IMO third person only camera is more immersive than first person, which can also switch to third person, and also has orbit cam. Everyone uses orbit cam almost instinctively, even in pve, to check behind yourself while running from a raptor, to get a birds eye view around you etc. It's not immersive at all.

As far as it just being a different game with the ark branding and theme. Good. That's called a sequel. Too many games these days are just the 1.5 version of the original, like Overwatch 2. If ark 1 was the same game with better graphics and 0 bugs it would die in a week and there would be a million youtube videos calling it out like with overwatch.

Im not too crazy about it, I gotta look at buttcheeks in other games for 1000's of hours already. As for if ark 1 had better graphics and zero bugs, I truly think it would be a game of the year for at least 5 years now if they had managed that. =/

On 6/24/2022 at 11:44 PM, wizard03 said:

I actually hope that if they do a movie, they force the main character to try and survive alone up to the point where they get to metal. Could include funny moments, challenging progress, and overcoming the impossible.......I kinda like that, but I do agree they will need extra characters later on. In which case yeah, Santiago swoops in and does crazy hero stuffs.

In fallout 3/ fallout 4, you could activate a "computer assisted aiming system" anytime you wanted. It would pause time, you could pick where you wanted to shoot at, and it would display a percentage based chance of the computer aiming system of actually hitting your targets based off your stats, distance to the enemy, and weapon you had at the time.
See the source image

That would be dope and once you get to metal you can go discover a giant city and that's where all the online players are, other npcs and etc.

Easy to be scared that they are going to ruin ARK 2 with these limitations and new direction. Hope they'll show actual gameplay soon to relieve some of the worries the players have.

Have lots of questions that I hope will be answered soon. Like the new modding system, hoping it won't limit PC mods just so they can all be released on consoles for example. Like how I think skryim mods on xbox can't have any outside assets... That would severely limit the game. Or that we on PC can skip the new mod system/website and install through a third party site like Nexus, or even get Steam Workshop back.

6 hours ago, Gelantious said:

Easy to be scared that they are going to ruin ARK 2 with these limitations and new direction. Hope they'll show actual gameplay soon to relieve some of the worries the players have.

Have lots of questions that I hope will be answered soon. Like the new modding system, hoping it won't limit PC mods just so they can all be released on consoles for example. Like how I think skryim mods on xbox can't have any outside assets... That would severely limit the game. Or that we on PC can skip the new mod system/website and install through a third party site like Nexus, or even get Steam Workshop back.

When it comes to mods, sadly there is two sides to that coin. First one is of course the ability to run those mods on the newer systems. Yeah, PS5 and X series has some very good horsepower under the hood, however their ability to process graphics still has some limits. Especially compared to the 3000 series. 

The backside of that coin is Microsoft and PlayStation must verify all patch's, updates, ect. ect. I wish they would just let developers offer all updates and changes from the mod community instantly, maybe Microsoft is a pinch more lenient as they have already offered mods for games such as Fallout 4. However when they did it, they offered people to play mods without the ability to unlock achievements. Which kinda sucks if all you wanted was some nice background music. x.x

As for if it will limit whats on PC or not, Im unsure sadly as I never had to worry about the PC side. Granted it would suck and I don't think that would be proper, but then again the only mod on xbox is the unsupported primitive plus =/

14 hours ago, wizard03 said:

... maybe Microsoft is a pinch more lenient as they have already offered mods for games such as Fallout 4. However when they did it, they offered people to play mods without the ability to unlock achievements.

Sony does allow mods on Fallout 4 but only the ones they approve as they want it to stay "family friendly". Just like Xbox, it also disables trophies.

(Meanwhile in the average E-rated MTX vehicle you can dress up schoolgirls like hookers on a saturday evening, but ok...)

Archived