HELP!! All my baby rexes ending up with same exact stats!!

Redalpha05

So I’ve been breeding rexes for a little while now but all of a sudden my past 10 baby rexes have all had the exact same stats including torpor and oxygen. I’ve tried using different males with different females and the babies are still ending up with the exact same stats. I’m on singleplayer on Xbox btw. Does anyone know if this is a bug or something??

2 hours ago, Redalpha05 said:

So I’ve been breeding rexes for a little while now but all of a sudden my past 10 baby rexes have all had the exact same stats including torpor and oxygen. I’ve tried using different males with different females and the babies are still ending up with the exact same stats. I’m on singleplayer on Xbox btw. Does anyone know if this is a bug or something??

Double check their mutations in the ancecstors tab under their stats. Or in a cryo pod.
If they have the maximum amount of mutations possible, then more than likely they will not mutate anymore.

The only way to avoid this is to only breed males with mutations with femals that do not have mutations.

Honestly in single player mode, you get a rex with 40k health and 700% melee at birth, do an imprint, and get some levels from exp notes or killing off alpha creatures, and you can solo boss fights easy. If you need anything more than that, either you need giga's or you need to use the rex's differently.

2 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Double check their mutations in the ancecstors tab under their stats. Or in a cryo pod.
If they have the maximum amount of mutations possible, then more than likely they will not mutate anymore.

The only way to avoid this is to only breed males with mutations with femals that do not have mutations.

Honestly in single player mode, you get a rex with 40k health and 700% melee at birth, do an imprint, and get some levels from exp notes or killing off alpha creatures, and you can solo boss fights easy. If you need anything more than that, either you need giga's or you need to use the rex's differently.

Okay I just checked three of my adult rexes that had the exact same stats at birth and two have the exact same mutation into just food while one of my other rexes had two mutations which were in food and stamina. Other than that all stats were the exact same at birth still and I know you can definitely have more mutations than just one or two. Also, these rexes are fairly weak as at birth they only have 6K HP and 469 melee each. I’ll try breeding some more rexes tomorrow but I think it’s a bug but don’t know how to fix if it is.

2 hours ago, Redalpha05 said:

Okay I just checked three of my adult rexes that had the exact same stats at birth and two have the exact same mutation into just food while one of my other rexes had two mutations which were in food and stamina. Other than that all stats were the exact same at birth still and I know you can definitely have more mutations than just one or two. Also, these rexes are fairly weak as at birth they only have 6K HP and 469 melee each. I’ll try breeding some more rexes tomorrow but I think it’s a bug but don’t know how to fix if it is.

yeah, breeding for mutations is one heck of a chore. I had my settings adjust for "ten minute rex's" where from egg to adult only took ten minutes. It still took me a whole week of breeding before I got some top notch rex's, however I screwed up about 2/3rd of the way through and decided to pick out a color mutation. Since it was a girl, it wrecked my stats hard. Still, at 16k health and 650ish? melee, it wasn't exactly worth throwing away and starting from scratch. Ontop of that, I had a cool purple color. XD

Oh and like grumpy bear said, only 10 rex's is not a big enough sample size. You really do need to have or have gone through 50 or so rex's. I think I killed off 1000 babies with bad stats BEFORE the egg incubator was introduced. o.o

On 6/23/2022 at 8:33 AM, Redalpha05 said:

I'm guessing ur new to breeding despite saying you've been breeding for a while. 10 rexs can have say 10k hp and if u breed them together they will all have 10k hp still unless u get a mutation which with a small number of rexs as u do is highly unlikely to get u a mutation. U say u had muts in steam and food but unless ur trying to mutate those stats then it's pointless keep them. If 2 dinos bred together have the same stats they will be born with the same stats. It's not a random numbers generator for stats it's precise which can all be guaranteed b4 u even breed them unless u get a mutation. 

On 6/23/2022 at 12:33 AM, Redalpha05 said:

once you have 20 total, they are locked and will supply no more mutations.   For example, looking in ancestry, if one side says 10/20 and the other side says 10/20, then 10+10 = 20 and they are now locked and will not supply a mutation ever again.   If you keep mutations that are not melee, then you will have less room for melee mutations in the count.   

The counter is like a turnstile at Disneyland.   It counts the mutations as they occur, but it doesn't keep track of when they are leave the gene pool.   SO if you breed a 300% melee rex to a 150% melee rex, and the baby has the count of 5 but the 150% melee - you kept the count but didn't get the melee.   Food mutations are a waste of time to keep, they were trash the moment they hatched.  You are then continuing to work w/ them, which makes all the babies you get from them - equally trash.

WHen mutating stats, we breed the top melee to a couple hundred females, keep only the baby that gets 1 melee mutation.  IF it's a female, you can raise it and then mate with a male w/ no mutations until you get a baby boy w/ only the 1 mutation and the melee that came with that mutation.   At the same time, we would still keep trying for that same mutation w/ the original set until a male baby w/ the correct mutation comes up.  Which ever comes first, you do both to keep up the pressure on getting the job done.

Then you take the successful male baby w/ the new upgraded melee, and ... do it all over again.  We kill off and trash all other mutations, unless a pretty color comes up - then raise that and keep on the side for the color project side of the building your ultimate dino process. 

Once I have my stats ready, i have my colors already merged onto a female which i can then clone a hundred of and I then breed the fixed stats to them until i get all 7 stats I want merged with all the colors.   The more dinos you use for this, the faster it will come together. 

23 hours ago, Hurebhsdyrgsg said:

I'm guessing ur new to breeding despite saying you've been breeding for a while. 10 rexs can have say 10k hp and if u breed them together they will all have 10k hp still unless u get a mutation which with a small number of rexs as u do is highly unlikely to get u a mutation. U say u had muts in steam and food but unless ur trying to mutate those stats then it's pointless keep them. If 2 dinos bred together have the same stats they will be born with the same stats. It's not a random numbers generator for stats it's precise which can all be guaranteed b4 u even breed them unless u get a mutation. 

Yes I’ve figured it out now. I am still relatively new to breeding and found this out by watching some breeding videos on youtube. I had the idea that you just were supposed to breed your best rexes and go on from there randomly breeding but now I found out this is far from the truth. Somehow I’ve had this game for 7 years and still don’t know anything lmao.

19 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

once you have 20 total, they are locked and will supply no more mutations.   For example, looking in ancestry, if one side says 10/20 and the other side says 10/20, then 10+10 = 20 and they are now locked and will not supply a mutation ever again.   If you keep mutations that are not melee, then you will have less room for melee mutations in the count.   

The counter is like a turnstile at Disneyland.   It counts the mutations as they occur, but it doesn't keep track of when they are leave the gene pool.   SO if you breed a 300% melee rex to a 150% melee rex, and the baby has the count of 5 but the 150% melee - you kept the count but didn't get the melee.   Food mutations are a waste of time to keep, they were trash the moment they hatched.  You are then continuing to work w/ them, which makes all the babies you get from them - equally trash.

WHen mutating stats, we breed the top melee to a couple hundred females, keep only the baby that gets 1 melee mutation.  IF it's a female, you can raise it and then mate with a male w/ no mutations until you get a baby boy w/ only the 1 mutation and the melee that came with that mutation.   At the same time, we would still keep trying for that same mutation w/ the original set until a male baby w/ the correct mutation comes up.  Which ever comes first, you do both to keep up the pressure on getting the job done.

Then you take the successful male baby w/ the new upgraded melee, and ... do it all over again.  We kill off and trash all other mutations, unless a pretty color comes up - then raise that and keep on the side for the color project side of the building your ultimate dino process. 

Once I have my stats ready, i have my colors already merged onto a female which i can then clone a hundred of and I then breed the fixed stats to them until i get all 7 stats I want merged with all the colors.   The more dinos you use for this, the faster it will come together. 

This helps a lot I never knew really how mutations worked and didn’t know how exactly you were supposed to breed based on what stats you are trying to attain. I’ve always played pvp and never made it to actually breeding my dinos until now where I’ve just decided I actually want to beat the game so i’m just playing singleplayer now. 

Archived