Grind idea, soft poly

Blackmagic9000

Hello you cheeky scrub lord who stole all my poor dodos soap, today i wana see what yalls opinion is on this idea, I'll make it short and simple and explain why

Soft poly spoils too fast? Transfer issues cuz of it...you wana save em?

Make soap, especially on abb, oil is free and soft poly is free

The amount of soap you have is the amount of poly you got when you grind it down, what are your scrubs thoughts on this?

7 hours ago, Blackmagic9000 said:

Hello you cheeky scrub lord who stole all my poor dodos soap, today i wana see what yalls opinion is on this idea, I'll make it short and simple and explain why Soft poly spoils too fast? Transfer issues cuz of it...you wana save em? Make soap, especially on abb, oil is free and soft poly is free The amount of soap you have is the amount of poly you got when you grind it down, what are your scrubs thoughts on this?

Im kinda with you on the poly spoiling too fast. And mods out there for PC let you stack 1000's of them anyhow, so the people who are stuck with the original idea of poly going bad are those who are hardcore online or console. Maybe if the snails could carry stacks for hours or even days instead of just half an hour, it be allright, however even then they gotta eat cakes so that is kinda turn off as well.

If snails ate berries, maybe. Or if there was a tek way of preserveing it.......I unno. Its complicated all the way around. Which on the one hand I understand, makes the game more in depth vs I got this thing and it takes care of all my poly needs.

But then again, it adds a hefty grind to the list of grinds needed to be grounded before you can accomplish "one" thing. V.V

The spoil time is suuuuper annoying when I want to craft something. I don't have a poly farm set up (thinking about a penguin breeding setup soon), so every single time I have to head on up north and bash in some penguin heads. Horrible, I know, but I don't have a choice. I can't find any easy-to access spots with obsidian, so lots of things are essentially locked away for me. I gotta get the industrial forge soon, but I don't have enough poly, and no way am I getting that much from penguins alone. I need help. Plus, even if I manage to get it, it just spoils before I get the other mats required to craft it. For one, I lost ~100 metal to a sarco when he broke my *regular* forge on my travelling base. To be fair, it was completely out in the open, and the rest of it is made of wood...I gotta get some upgrades in, but this is on my regular Island world, and I'm focusing Fjordur for the moment, and taking a break from the Island. It just gets a little tedious mid-range, y'know? You're just grinding out mats, and there isn't really much else to it. Plus, Fjordur is new and exciting, and I've never checked it out in survival. But I digress. Since I do have easy access to oil (Kairuku Island to the rescue), soap would probably be great for me, except for the fact that I don't have a grinder :|. Which sucks, since I can't grind all the crappy stuff I get from loot drops and whatnot (*cough cough* crop plot *cough cough*). If only there was a way to get a lower level grinder...interesting idea.

1 minute ago, Griffin998 said:

The spoil time is suuuuper annoying when I want to craft something. I don't have a poly farm set up (thinking about a penguin breeding setup soon), so every single time I have to head on up north and bash in some penguin heads. Horrible, I know, but I don't have a choice. I can't find any easy-to access spots with obsidian, so lots of things are essentially locked away for me. I gotta get the industrial forge soon, but I don't have enough poly, and no way am I getting that much from penguins alone. I need help. Plus, even if I manage to get it, it just spoils before I get the other mats required to craft it. For one, I lost ~100 metal to a sarco when he broke my *regular* forge on my travelling base. To be fair, it was completely out in the open, and the rest of it is made of wood...I gotta get some upgrades in, but this is on my regular Island world, and I'm focusing Fjordur for the moment, and taking a break from the Island. It just gets a little tedious mid-range, y'know? You're just grinding out mats, and there isn't really much else to it. Plus, Fjordur is new and exciting, and I've never checked it out in survival. But I digress. Since I do have easy access to oil (Kairuku Island to the rescue), soap would probably be great for me, except for the fact that I don't have a grinder :|. Which sucks, since I can't grind all the crappy stuff I get from loot drops and whatnot (*cough cough* crop plot *cough cough*). If only there was a way to get a lower level grinder...interesting idea.

If you get a jet bird theyre grinders (put stuff in the inventory and then use the dial to click grind) also snails produce organic poly when on wander, and cementing paste too.

9 hours ago, Griffin998 said:

yeah, the indy forge is a bit of a pain. Best way to do it is to get the metal cooked first, then the oil, the paste, get everything together, THEN get the poly. If I remember correctly, I think I can use soft poly only, but the fab only has to have the components for the forge only. No extra electronics or hide or such.

The grinder is the one that I have to have hard poly for cause there just isn't enough room when useing soft poly. 

And I know your feeling on the bad drops. Literally just got my very first red drop on fjordur yesterday. Large crop plot. XD

10 hours ago, Griffin998 said:

Yeah, I know about the tropeo thing, but I'm dedicated to a no-transfer playthrough on the Island, since this is my first time playing it. Also, I had no idea snails produce organic poly. Thanks! Now, I just gotta get myself an army of snails >:) *mwahaha*

Just remember, they ONLY eat cakes. Most people prefer to level only food. 

36 minutes ago, Griffin998 said:

Interesting tactic. Wouldn't levelling health work just as well though?

No, the reason for raising food is so you don't have to produce cakes constantly to keep alive.  Pump with food, feed to full, then u can leave them alone until u see food low.  Then feed them all at once to full, then ignore their hunger for 2 more weeks.

Cool, thanks! I know a spot where I can get some snails, but it's close to the swamp and the redwoods, and stuffed with sort of dangerous creatures. I'm not sure if my ptera can pick it up, so I may have to get an argy. It's high time anyway, so why not? Plus, I'm a single player guy, so the world stops when I log off. It gets annoying, but at least I don't have to deal with decay and creatures starving.

2 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

No, the reason for raising food is so you don't have to produce cakes constantly to keep alive.  Pump with food, feed to full, then u can leave them alone until u see food low.  Then feed them all at once to full, then ignore their hunger for 2 more weeks.

^ this, they eat really fast, like a low level can starve in a couple days. You want to tame high level ones and level food. 

On 6/23/2022 at 9:56 AM, Griffin998 said:

Cool, thanks! I know a spot where I can get some snails, but it's close to the swamp and the redwoods, and stuffed with sort of dangerous creatures. I'm not sure if my ptera can pick it up, so I may have to get an argy. It's high time anyway, so why not? Plus, I'm a single player guy, so the world stops when I log off. It gets annoying, but at least I don't have to deal with decay and creatures starving.

grappling hook the snail you want and drag it to a safe place if your server doesnt allow flier picking up wild dino's. just remember you need the cakes to tame them and the cakes to feed them after taming iirc 2-3 cakes a week once they hit about 2k food dont quote me on that been a while since ive had anything less than a tek trough full of cake on official.

7 hours ago, Griffin998 said:

Thanks man! I will allow flyer carry, because I did not know that PvE disabled wild creature carry. Pteranodon can pick them up, right? If not...hm (If you're wondering, pteranodon are faster than Argies, and I want it to be a quick in and out operation).

pve disables wild creature carry to stop people from dropping dilos and troodons into other peoples bases or on their faces.

Archived