Is Ark worth playing on XBox? Am I just unlucky so far?

Bitzy

I just started and I don't know if maybe I'm just unlucky or if this is normal but I'm having a lot of trouble with bugs like corpses of things I've killed disappearing instantly and items disappearing as soon as they hit the ground.    Lots of other problems too that are making it tough to get started like what some players have done on the servers with pillars and walls.   Is it worth playing on xbox or is it really buggy with other problems like people using metal pillars to block placing nearly everywhere and walls to trap players who respawn?    

My GF started trying to play on the same server and can't even find a spot to put a storage box it's all blocked off.  I tried another server and it was even worse, I couldn't respawn without being trapped in someone's fortress that had bodies of other newbies in it.       At least on the one we're on now I was able to get a small spot that they missed blocking and if you respawn you're only trapped half of the time.     It still seems very tough to even get started though since some players make it nearly impossible to have your own spot for a house and I'm not sure we should stay on this server if we're stuck with just 1 of us being able to build in a very very tiny spot.

Are there any good xbox pve servers to try or are they all like this?    If there are some good servers and I've just been unlucky will we lose everything in the tiny house I built if we do transfer? 

9 hours ago, Bitzy said:

I just started and I don't know if maybe I'm just unlucky or if this is normal but I'm having a lot of trouble with bugs like corpses of things I've killed disappearing instantly and items disappearing as soon as they hit the ground.    Lots of other problems too that are making it tough to get started like what some players have done on the servers with pillars and walls.   Is it worth playing on xbox or is it really buggy with other problems like people using metal pillars to block placing nearly everywhere and walls to trap players who respawn?    

My GF started trying to play on the same server and can't even find a spot to put a storage box it's all blocked off.  I tried another server and it was even worse, I couldn't respawn without being trapped in someone's fortress that had bodies of other newbies in it.       At least on the one we're on now I was able to get a small spot that they missed blocking and if you respawn you're only trapped half of the time.     It still seems very tough to even get started though since some players make it nearly impossible to have your own spot for a house and I'm not sure we should stay on this server if we're stuck with just 1 of us being able to build in a very very tiny spot.

Are there any good xbox pve servers to try or are they all like this?    If there are some good servers and I've just been unlucky will we lose everything in the tiny house I built if we do transfer? 

Hey man, welcome to the community. Try to ignore the trolls. :P

On official server settings, things will move rather quickly, or much slower. Typically against you in those regards. x.x You just need to adapt and overcome. 👍

It will be a bit difficult to really get going as this game is now going onto 8 years old and a lot of the first suggested servers will have been populated for those 8 years. So yeah, it is a bit off putting when your first start off. If your still interested in online game play, you may try to adjust your server settings. I joined a PvE Legacy server some time ago and it was a lot of fun. Sadly I lost my original IP and had to switch to single player, but I don't mind. If you want, I will look up which server I was on and give you the number. There was not "much" pillaring, it did have some, and I had to adjust my original base location, but I finally got things going, set up a indy forge, helped a guy get to level 60 in one day, had someone help me tame a giga.....It was good fun, but I had to keep looking for which server was best for me before I came accross it.

As for you guys, and your tiny house with the stuffs.....don't worry about it, trust me. Once you guys find a server that your comfortable with, you will find out in time that those stone tools and cloth clothing is super easy to come by and you didn't have to worry about bringing them. Even if you have simple metal tools, it really is super easy to replace them.

Now if you wanna really try to get the full experience alone or with close friends, you might try to rent your own personal server. I think some places will run a server for you for $15 a month for up to 6 or 7 people. Either that or you can host your own personal server off your own computer, or another xbox. You got to buy the Microsoft version tho if you use a PC, you cannot play on the steam version with an xbox.

Welcome to the ARK community, where we're all supportive (mostly) and not toxic at all (mostly)(just kidding, the ARK community's cool). Personally, I play single player on Xbox One, which I find much more preferable than communicating with other people (XD). I've had no such bugs, but I've never played on a server before. All I can say for ARK in general is this:

images.jpeg

After all, ARK is at it's core, a survival game, despite the dinosaurs and other creatures. And a dang good one at that. (at least, for me the ARK experience has done me good. But that's a story for another time). Just persevere. You'll get better at it as time passes. When I first started, I didn't even know the button to equip my pickaxe! I had no idea how the hotbar worked, what taming is, and essentially nothing. Now? I've got myself a full stone base on Herbivore Island, a MasterCraft longneck, and lots besides. I won't lie. ARK gets grindy sometimes. But if you just stick it through, there'll be something waiting for you on the other side of that pain. :)

Good luck on your quest for the perfect PvE experience, and Happy ARKing!

Archived