Just how cold is the frost realm?

kyranight

It got patched during the first week. Originally it was something like -80 and your health would drain rapidly, even in primitive fur.

Now you can travel there in prim fur and survive with some med brews or basic 'med food' (make a recipe with some crafting skill that gives good HP).

A bit of a shame that it was patched, as the area was very difficult to even scout on PVP and there were some OP base spots. But now you can cruise around in a tek suit.

Yeah...shame. I sorta wish it was still stupidly cold, because it makes sense for it, right? Jotunheim was not meant for mortals to trespass in, and so it makes sense it was freezing cold. At first, you probably needed journeyman+ fur gear and some curries/stews/brews. Just watch some of Syntac's old videos. You'll see how he struggled...

6 hours ago, killerspam said:

It got patched during the first week. Originally it was something like -80 and your health would drain rapidly, even in primitive fur.

Now you can travel there in prim fur and survive with some med brews or basic 'med food' (make a recipe with some crafting skill that gives good HP).

A bit of a shame that it was patched, as the area was very difficult to even scout on PVP and there were some OP base spots. But now you can cruise around in a tek suit.

Dang. I was hoping for a better cold experience than Gen 1's but it seems no different in terms of difficulty, but I do like this snow realm more. Lore wise it should definitely be quite frigid.

True, true. *sigh*. I miss the old days, when we ran around in animal hides and it was okay to throw rocks at things. Okay, to be fair, that may be a bit of an exaggeration. Humanity's come a long way, and not all of it is bad. But our lives have gotten considerably easier. Even here, in a video game...I personally relish the challenge that ARK gives. That's a big part of ARK's whole point, that...cycle of difficulty that persists even to the end-game. That's what makes ARK so special. 

• 2 weeks later...

So after spending about a day's worth and exploring this realm it is still a challenge to stay alive there. It's coldest on the ground so floor is lava kinda thing and at night it gets extremely cold, but that's to be expected, prepare a wooden hut and fireplace for those cold nights. With 20 fortitude, primitive fur, fria curry and an otter with 300+ melee is sufficient enough to be at least snowflake during the day. But seriously though shelter yourself at night especially while you are waiting for things to tame, stay safe.

• 3 weeks later...

Its a dead realm.

On that temperatures no water exist.

You cant use industrial cooker or have crops as it cant be irrigated ( you cant irrigate it with ice lol)

You cant use drill or forge as your gasoline is all freeze.

There are no any dino there except of fantasy ones able to live without water or have fusion reactor as metabolic system to fuse hidrogen and oxygen in water.

Even if you survive cold you will die without water as all your containers have ice instead of water.

There newer rain, or snow as clouds cant be formed at this temperatures. Except if very smart clouds form in other realms and then use terminal an teleport to snow here.

It have one big plus - you don't need fridges or tek trough as food cant spoil.

Archived