ARK ingame server list only shows 1/5 of the servers

TanketteFin

I have played officials now for about 2 years and i have always had the problem of only 100-200 official servers show up without any filters. Because of that i have always used Battlemetrics to connect to the servers that i play on but now for some reason connecting trough it or steam it says "server is full" even though it's not so i now have to use the server list and even if it didn't say that the server is full i still have to use the session list of the game to transfer across different maps. Sometimes it doesn't find any servers and sometimes maybe 20 when i filter a certain map, after refreshing 10's or even 100's of times it might find the server that im looking for but it takes a lot of time when i have to refresh many times every time im joining a map or going from map to map. I have reinstalled windows, steam and ark again and it hasn't helped. What could cause this? 

I think I've seen other posts where people said they had problems like this but using a vpn made it better, indicating that it's the servers having issues with your ip address. And if ark is blocking your ip then that is likely due to someone having used you in a bot net to ddos them. If you can ask your internet service provider, they might be able to help by giving you a new ip address.

40 minutes ago, TanketteFin said:

I have now updated all drivers, turned off windows defender, tried using another another router with differend internet provider, also tried using phone internet but so far nothing has helped 

Yikes! ... well it cooould be that a range of ip are black listed? The way ddos mitigation works is essentially to try to ignore the traffic from the infected bits of the internet.. might still be worth a call to the isp.

Archived