Just got wiped in seconds by cross server tribe. How do i stop this?

Crunchburgers

So ive been playing ark for a long time and keep having this issue. I always get wiped by someone who has impossibly high level dinos. For context me and my friend have been playing ark for about a week after a long break from the game on a PVP official island server. We were doing alright on the island but the server starter to get popular so we moved to an empty extinction server to set up a long-lasting base we could progress in without getting wiped. Things were going well but about 6 hours in someone on a space whale found our base and came back about an hour later with a level 430 lightning wyvern and instantly killed all of our tames including a max level crystal wyvern and leveled our metal base, destroying everything we had brought over from the island. Im not suprised and im well aware that this is just the way pvp is sometimes in ark but its challenging because there is no way our 2 man tribe can compete with the resources of any alpha tribe with dinos like these. I really want to keep playing pvp and ascend and complete the challenges the game has to offer but it is difficult when you are unable to even progress due to these kinds of raids. Im writing this hoping someone has a solution that will help us. I will continue to play ark but I wonder if ill ever even be able to fight a boss when players like this exist.

TLDR: How do I stop getting wiped by overpowered cross-server raiders?

8 hours ago, Crunchburgers said:

TLDR: How do I stop getting wiped by overpowered cross-server raiders?

There are only three realistic options:

1) Play PvE

2) Play on one of the PvP "CrossARK" small clusters, for example "CrossArk12". The only characters that can find you on these small clusters are characters from inside that cluster. Naturally you'll still run into Alpha tribes that rule the small cluster, but most of the time you can build up a relationship with them that will allow you to eventually progress to the point of doing boss fights. You might have to follow rules that they don't allow certain tames or certain items in your bases if you don't want to get raided, but when you play on a small cluster you can engage in diplomacy that is meaningful and will get better results.

3) Find an overpowered cross-server tribe that you can join.

image.png.34cfc6c777f3a0dcafe7a34f282aa746.png

11 hours ago, Crunchburgers said:

Thank you for the detailed reply! I was looking into the cross ark maps and I was wondering how I should go about finding a safe one to start on?

Now that I can't tell you, for two reasons.

1) I'm not currently on any of the CrossArk clusters so I don't know the activity level or the threat level of any of them.

2) The answer depends on you and you interactions with other tribes. A huge part of success in PvP is diplomacy, there's no such thing as an unraidable base, and therefore what would be safe for me and my friend might or not might be safe for you. The only way to find a safe CrossArk cluster is to jump on to it and start getting to know who the other people are on your cluster & map. And even if it's safe this week that doesn't mean it will be safe next week, keeping yourself safe in PvP is a constant activity, no cluster will ever be safe by default.

Archived