help have questions

kandyredd01

1 hour ago, kandyredd01 said:

we cant seem to find the same maps

This will probably feel like a basic and obvious question, but it's also something that's easy to overlook - are you making sure that after you "Join ARK" you're both choosing the same options? It's really easy for one person to accidentally check an extra box or choose something different in the various selection options, happens all the time.

There are a variety of options that you can accidentally select that would prevent you from seeing the same servers, starting with the major selection options of "Official", "Favorite", "My Surviors" and so on. But there are also minor selection options like he might accidentally change his "MAP" selection to only look for "Ragnarok" maps while you're trying to get him to find a "Island" map.

In my experience, the best way to find a specific map is to choose "Official Servers", "All Maps" and "All Modes". Then, after the game finishes finding all of the servers, go to the "Name Filter" and manually start typing in parts of the name of the server to find it. For example, if you're looking at a server named "NA-PVE-Official-TheIsland404" (I understand that you this is a PC server and you guys are on XBox, it's only an example), then have your friend go into the "Name Filter" window and type in "404". There might be more than one map with "404" in the name, but only a couple and this will make it much easier for him to find the same map you're on.

Also, under the "Session Filter" there is an option for "Friends", I'm assuming that this option is available for friends on the XBox network just like it's available for Steam friends on the PC network. if you're already logged into a server then he should be able to use this option to find the server you're on and join it.

you or your friend should be able to send you an invite via xbox menu. While it will not teleport your friend right next to you, if the person who receives the invite accepts it, they should insta join the server that the person who sent the invite from is playing.

In other words, as long as both of you have the map installed, one of you can join a server, send an invite, and the second person should be sent to the same server after accepting the invite.

Then you just need to find each other.

8 minutes ago, kandyredd01 said:

thank all of you for your help after almost pulling my hair out he was looking for the map i was on in PVE 🤦‍♀️ and i was on a PVP map lol its the small things but thank you. 

You won't believe the amount of times I could not find myself back when the filters were resetted after a crash or update 😛

Archived