Wyverns on rampage

Luizza

On official, I'm wondering if any of the other servers been having probs with wyverns far, far from their spawn areas?

Ppl in chat are all blaming each other for kiting but tbh I think this is a bug, similar to the void wyvern bug we had when gen2 first came out for a few days where they would be all over the map causing trouble.

What does everyone else think? Kiting or just super aggressive wanderers?

I brought this up on the unofficial server I play on today and people were insisting "all wyverns act like this". Its been around a year since I've played ark but the last map I played on where a wyvern would literally chase you across the map was CI and they patched that.

It seems like the wyverns will aggro you when you pick up and egg, you can fly away and they get distracted by other mobs but as soon as they kill that mob they will fly right back to you if you are anywhere close to the area. Earlier today I had picked up and egg, killed and gathered milk from all the ones that followed me out of the trench. Nearly 20 minutes later me and my tribemate were flying always from the volcano island and there were 3 wyverns flying around above the ocean halfway to the main island. As we flew by them (well out of normal aggro range) they all immediately came for us like we had just picked up and egg.

I really don't think this is normal lol

Could actually be a mix of the two. Wyverns are disturbingly persistent in the chase which griefing players will happily use to wipe people's bases. Without that factor though they'll just flat out chase you for grotesque distances unless you're too fast or simply fly them by a creature to pull aggro and somewhere along the way their AI pathing goes kinda beefbrained as more stuff pulls aggro and lures them further from the nest. Back on ragnarok I'd find wyverns from the standard trench as far as the Viking bay simply because some players tried to flee with an egg on a tame that couldn't outpace them easily until they started eating everything in sight.

Archived